Retirement Visa

3 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

Copy shop quoted me 33k right next to immigration. Are prices increasing at all from the 1x pricing? Most things going up.

BTW did my TM 30 yesterday at Jomtien. Thought I could use the app as when I tried all seem to go through successfully but luckily I checked with them. Can't use the app. Luckily had all the paperwork prepped too. Lady suggested maybe the website works?? It's hard to get through life without these happy confusions.

33k wow thats 20k too much

11 hours ago, Findthai said:

What is the usual bank letter? I never ordered this document. 3 months statement is not enought for IO? (I am preparing documents for a non-o 50 year visa)

As @Lite Beer already said letter that has your balance on the day. 

you need both letters (get them same time at your bank) they cost approximately 100 THB each. 

2 more things 

1- before going to the bank, transfer money into your account so that the balance is updated in your bank book (bank book updated you also need)

2- balance from 3 month statement is NOT from today but from yesterday that is normal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zzzzz said:

for what? if it is for ur first non O, no cash in Bank and the 1 year extension, thats a god price if your NOT in Pattaya

The poster quoted 33k at the copy place next to immigtation in Pattaya for an extension of stay not a first conversion ie Non O plus extension of stay. Thats about 23k in Pattaya.

Edited by jimn

On 1/13/2023 at 4:50 PM, MJCM said:

Where did you hear that? Birthday HAS nothing to do with renewal of extension of stay based on Retirement.

Maybe only you can apply for that when you are 50 years (and older)

My birthday is in May and just yesterday renewed my Retirement extension at Immigration

Someone's getting confused. As this poster says retirement extensions have nothing to do with your birthday.  However what does expire on your birthday is a full Thai driving licence.

1 hour ago, sniggie said:

Someone's getting confused. As this poster says retirement extensions have nothing to do with your birthday.  However what does expire on your birthday is a full Thai driving licence.

We established that 10 days ago.

On 1/24/2023 at 10:40 AM, jimn said:

33k wow thats 20k too much

Actually I'm a bit clearer now. Yes that's still a bit to much but a cheap price I've found is 12500 but the initial start retirement is 24k. After that it drops for extensions. Also I went to Bangkok bank today. Previously had an account with them but it got closed because of non use. To reopen they wanted 7k accident insurance. My question is , how does the world banking organisation  accept this behaviour? You need an international banking license to trade right? And must follow rules, right? Since when is extortion a rule ?

• Like 1

I've since contacted Bangkok post online.

In their reply, the accident insurance not needed if other usual documents supplied. I'll continue on..

Keep happy and peace to all.

bout opening an account, please be informed that you can open a savings account without buying any insurance if you bring all documents required to the branch an account, please be informed that you can open a savings account without buying any nsuace ifyou bring all documents required to the br