UK; Girl,7, in a critical condition after shooting outside funeral injures six people

Social Media

A 7-year-old girl is in a 'life threatening' condition in hospital after being injured in a suspected drive-by shooting in London.

Six people were injured in the event, which occurred near Euston station in the north of the city.

Met Police officers said they were called to Phoenix Road at 1.30pm on Saturday to reports of a shooting.

The incident happened near a church where a funeral was taking place, leaving six people injured.

Three women – aged 48, 54 and 41 – required hospital treatment, with their injuries assessed as non-life threatening, though the 48-year-old may have life-changing injuries.

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

As usual you put down things having not been to many of the areas that frequency have had trouble for many years. 

I’ll bet I was in London more recently than you.

Yesterday even, less than half a mile away from this shooting incident.

When was the last time you were in London, anywhere in London at all?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

People aren’t living in fear of their lives in the UK.

Don’t draw too many conclusions about life in the UK from the Brits you meet in Thailand.

If anybody should live in fear that would be the American 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Well it's not being reported on the BBCs main news page right now (no doubt buried somewhere) so it's safe to say

Although it is headline news on SKY and they are searching for the perpetrators at the moment . (Posted on Sky a few minutes ago)

https://news.sky.com/story/euston-shooting-suspects-fired-shotgun-at-funeral-mourners-from-moving-car-12787191

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Well it's not being reported on the BBCs main news page right now (no doubt buried somewhere) so it's safe to say this involves ethnic minorities. It's a drive by shooting so let's all take a wild guess about what happened. 

There's a link to Shamima Begum's podcast "I'm not a monster" there though.

RIP to all the victims. And sympathy to decent London residents who haven't relocated yet. Maybe Sadiq can arrange a diversity fireworks display to help those affected?

BBC UK main news headline. You mention RIP to all the victims?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Well it's not being reported on the BBCs main news page right now (no doubt buried somewhere) so it's safe to say this involves ethnic minorities.

Second main story on the BBC news homepage , second behind the Nepal plane crash .

Police are looking for  Black car , a Toyota 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think me means the suspected nationality of the shooters is not being reported on the BBC main news page...

... most likely because its completely unknown....  This ‘immigration / ethnic minority’ discussion is completely moot until more is know and only points to the negative bias of some of the posters making such comments. 

Let's revisit this when they release the details. 

I suspect any "bias" will end up being 100% correct. 

13 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Heartbreaking, but how are Brits supposed to protect their families when only criminals carry shooters? Seems almost daily I'm reading about firearm toting criminals over there. Do Brits feel safe over there? No wonder I see so many in Thailand

Daily?

Really?

Daily?

Don’t think so…

• Like 2