Azithromycin cost?

schopenhaur

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

350 baht is pretty good for 6*250mg tablets. Fascino sells them for under 250 baht, some pharmacies 500 baht

Thanks for this. Just bought something else and found out it was half the price elsewhere. I will check out Fascino.

Cheers

15 minutes ago, schopenhaur said:

Thanks for this. Just bought something else and found out it was half the price elsewhere. I will check out Fascino.

Cheers

Depending what you got Doxycycline also very effective and cheapest. Don't forget Ceftriaxone injection is the recommended treatment with Azithromycin for Gonorrhea\ Chlamydia 

20 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Depending what you got Doxycycline also very effective and cheapest. Don't forget Ceftriaxone injection is the recommended treatment with Azithromycin for Gonorrhea\ Chlamydia 

Hmmmh Azithromycin 1000mg  only, will cover Chlamydia most and have poor outcome against Gonorrhoea. When Ceftriaxone  isn't available the recommended next best is Azithromycin 1000mg + Cefixime 800mg. 

But the OP hasn't said he had a BBFS night out. He is "just curious".

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Hmmmh Azithromycin 1000mg  only, will cover Chlamydia most and have poor outcome against Gonorrhoea. When Ceftriaxone  isn't available the recommended next best is Azithromycin 1000mg + Cefixime 800mg. 

But the OP hasn't said he had a BBFS night out. He is "just curious".

the dosage changes so people have to check the latest,  sometimes it doesn't work

3 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Self diagnosis and self prescription is not a good idea. It can wipe out the weak bacteria leaving only the strong drug resistant ones which then multiply and become difficult to treat. A visit to a decent sexual health clinic to find out exactly what (if anything) you've caught and then the proper prescription is better.

Definitely, any case of gonorrhoea needs an injection of ceftriaxone in the bottom and doxycycline is more effective than azithromycin for chlamydia, as long as you take the full 7 days.

In Pattaya they rarely bother testing, they treat the symptoms. Testing is far more expensive than the actual treatment, usually it works, occasionally not. Even back home they would treat it with antibiotics before getting test results

13 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

In Pattaya they rarely bother testing, they treat the symptoms. Testing is far more expensive than the actual treatment, usually it works, occasionally not. Even back home they would treat it with antibiotics before getting test results

you ever think about using a condom - 555

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Certainly not in the UK where they swab and can tell you straight away if you've got gonorrhoea or not.

Even in Thailand I doubt a ceftriaxone injection is available over the counter so if you have to go to a clinic anyway, why not get the swab done so you know what you're treating?

11 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

Certainly not in the UK where they swab and can tell you straight away if you've got gonorrhoea or not.

Even in Thailand I doubt a ceftriaxone injection is available over the counter so if you have to go to a clinic anyway, why not get the swab done so you know what you're treating?

In UK Clinics don't do the swab anymore, think it was putting people off going, changed years ago, it's urine test now and antibiotics if symptoms. Clinics in Pattaya wouldn't do the old school swab test.l

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

In UK Clinics don't do the swab anymore, think it was putting people off going, changed years ago, it's urine test now and antibiotics if symptoms. Clinics in Pattaya wouldn't do the old school swab test.l

The good thing about the swab is that it certainly did put people off going and also put people off unprotected sex!

1 hour ago, schopenhaur said:

Any hints on where such pharmacies might exist?

2nd Rd, near Soi Diana, next to the massage shop. That small pharmacy there.

I suspect some on Soi Buakhao would be similar.

Edited by bbi1

You are definitely charged farang price...I recall price in Fascino for 6x250mg was 165baht last time I bought 1-2months ago. Not 100% sure but for sure under 200.

Earlier always got Acyzin but last I got was Hofmax, both local and price about same.

Edited by mran66
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, mran66 said:

You are definitely charged farang price...I recall price in Fascino for 6x250mg was 165baht last time I bought 1-2months ago. Not 100% sure but for sure under 200.

Earlier always got Acyzin but last I got was Hofmax, both local and price about same.

Acyzin - yes, this brand was 200 baht when I bought it from that 2nd rd pharmacy which I mentioned previously.

Fascino, any difference in price between the one on North Pattaya, Central Pattaya & South Pattaya Rd? Which one is the best one to go to?

Edited by bbi1

41 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Acyzin - yes, this brand was 200 baht when I bought it from that 2nd rd pharmacy which I mentioned previously.

Fascino, any difference in price between the one on North Pattaya, Central Pattaya & South Pattaya Rd? Which one is the best one to go to?

I not sure as I always go to the Pattaya Tai one closest  to my home. However as it is a big chain, I would assume prices are same across their network of outlets.

Edited by mran66
  • Like 1

By and large, FASCINO has the best overall prices for meds. They stock generics and name brands. Several locations around Pattaya including South Pattaya Road, Central Road, and North Pattaya Road. They are also on the Darkside.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...