Thais warned against becoming foreigners’ nominees in businesses reserved for Thai nationals

webfact

1 minute ago, BananaStrong said:

Thais warned to stay away from dirty farang!

Enjoy your day in a country that plots against you!

bad, bad farang

It's not just farang, it's all foreigners!

And locals are not being warned to stay away from them, that's stupid, they're just saying that shouldn't be allowed to own things of substance.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

I understand that''s the law, that's what I understand, whether or not I agree with it is a different matter!

Do you understand that laws can and often are changed?

This is why they have parliaments

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai people who allow their names to be used by foreigners as nominees to open businesses reserved for Thai nationals may face prison terms of three years and/or a fine of between 100,000 baht and a million baht, said Thosapone Dansuputra, director-general of Business Development Department, today.

now that is going to be a very busy department lol

Ancient outdated laws to protect the Thai people for ....??? yeah what???As a foreigner you only can make a business if 51% of the shares are Thai. Why should a foreigner invest if he will get the minorty in shares?? A foreigner is not allowed to do anything that a Thai can do too... So shopkeeping can do all Thai  people, so not allowed by foreigners... Protecting their country and protecting the rich of the country..That is all about it......Suppose it would be the same all over the world... Where would the Chinese be?  where would the Thai massage shops all over the world be? 

Time to enter the 21st century Thailand instead of staying behind in the 19th century......... Times changes

Edited by ikke1959
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As one that lives in a country where IMO just about everything important is owned by foreigners I support the Thais 100%.

Why should foreigners be allowed to own anything in LOS anyway? If they want to they should become citizens.

Without that competition, product and service quality is always going to remain very low and the investment in people, virtually non-existent.

Competition isn't everything and the Thais have managed quite well so far. I'd rather live in LOS than in a western country which is all about greed profit over people.

I KNOW that you think that Thai's need to up their game and competition is one way to do that, that's all.

45 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Ancient outdated laws to protect the Thai people for ....??? yeah what???As a foreigner you only can make a business if 51% of the shares are Thai. Why should a foreigner invest if he will get the minorty in shares?? A foreigner is not allowed to do anything that a Thai can do too... So shopkeeping can do all Thai  people, so not allowed by foreigners... Protecting their country and protecting the rich of the country..That is all about it......Suppose it would be the same all over the world... Where would the Chinese be?  where would the Thai massage shops all over the world be? 

Time to enter the 21st century Thailand instead of staying behind in the 19th century......... Times changes

If anyone dislikes the Thai system they are free to take their money elsewhere. Surprisingly, many do despite the "rules". I guess they like Thailand then.

I hope Thailand never becomes like a western country. If that's a problem for a farang, they know where the exit is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, nigelforbes said:

I KNOW that you think that Thai's need to up their game and competition is one way to do that, that's all.

Actually, while I think Thailand has many problems and is far from perfect, I've always liked it far, far more than any western country I've lived in.

I'd rather live there than anywhere else I can live.

Most of the problems I had there were of my own making.

I don't like competition as there are always losers in any competition.

The only thing I'd really like to see change is immigration. I hated going there. I'd rather pay $XXX. 00 per year for a visa extension without the paperwork ( paperwork only for initial visa ), and forget all the BS 90 days and having to q at 4 am if one wants to extend oneself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1