German Police oust climate activists after clashes near coal mine.

Social Media

image.png.222d8363a3ae451cad1852dfacad0148.png

German police say they have removed almost all climate activists from a German village that will be destroyed to allow the expansion of a coal mine.

Hundreds of officers cleared around 300 activists from Lützerath in an operation that began on Wednesday.

Police say they removed activists waiting in treehouses, a day after clashes broke out between both sides.

Two people were still holding out in an underground tunnel at the site in western Germany, police added.

"There are no further activists in the village of Lützerath," police said, adding that the buildings at the site had been cleared by Friday.

Police said that 35 "tree structures" and almost 30 wooden constructions had also been cleared away.

• Like 1

Some of those tree houses were quite substantial and must have cost a lot for material. I doubt the "protestors" who seem not to be employed could afford them, so who is paying? Also did Greta walk there or take oil motivated transportation, and who paid for that?

So much for the renewable energy strategy, LOL. Germany should have built more nuclear power plants!

• Like 2

This is not the first time that certain members have made claims that they refuse to back up with a link to a credible source.  Continue to make off-topic, unsubstantiated claims will result in a suspension. 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Not mentioned until late in the story is the fact that the village in question is EMPTY, and has been for more than a year. Nobody there except the climate hystericals.  Oh, and Saint Greta made an appearance as well.  Plus the usual "chain my hand to a barrel of concrete, look at me I am in a treehouse" crowd.

Best thing to do is the same when a group of these idiots infested a museum in Munich. Clear the area around them, don't allow any food/water to be brought in, and wait.  They will be begging to be arrested within 24 hours. 

Yup little Greta was there and was arrested does it bother you that that kid has a much larger voice than you will ever have lol ???? you go Greta your the bomb kiddo!