The Thai ID you have when you don't have a Thai ID.

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I and my kids are dual national and none of us have 5 as initial number. 

That may be because you and your kids had a Thai nationality first and the second nationality came later. My son got his Thai nationality when he was about 2 or 3 years old. 

None of these cards denote Thai citizenship. They are simply ID cards for different categories of people. It may be that she was actually eligble for both.

The Pink ID card is for migrant labourers from neighbouring countries. Anyone (not just companies) including Thai and foreign individuals can legally employ Burmese, Lao and Cambodian citizens on this. Typically they are used for domestic help, building and construction as well as factory and menial labour. All legit. All fairly straight forward to get with a legal sponsor and the help of an agent to navigate the process. The last 2 years generally and need to be renewed but the holder can work in Thailand, get healthcare and open bank accounts etc.

The white card sounds like a card typically given to hill tribes or ethnic minorities, often with links to myanmar. They are quite restrictive, don't let you do much and normally don't let you move out of the district which issued them and normally don't let you work. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2023 at 11:12 PM, novacova said:

Because she is currently registered in CR and that is the only place where she can obtain an id card.

Correct, stateless immigrants need to be registered in and remain in the province of registration and need permission from their district office to travel to another province and they must carry the permit with them.

Just a note here concerning drjack, the emoji reaction appears to be out of complete ignorance which I’ve noticed a lot of lately not to mention some of the errors of advice. Good advice when staying in the lane of what is known, but incredible silliness when not. Note the silly reaction below ????