Phuket Welcomes First Direct Chinese Flight of Tourists in Almost Three Years

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Phuket-In total 182 Chinese tourists arrived at the Phuket International Airport on Wednesday (January 18th), 2023.

The first group of Chinese tourists landed at the airport at 6:30 P.M. in a direct flight from Spring Airlines from Shanghai to Phuket.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2023/01/18/phuket-welcomes-first-direct-chinese-flight-of-tourists-in-almost-three-years/

image.jpeg
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2023-01-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I wondering which Chinese came on the 9th than....There was so much publicity of Chinese coming after the lockdown and today the first direct plane???

Well there must have been some Chinese coming into the country earlier than this pic, mainly because I've encountered them in a couple of shops/supermarkets and I was not over enamoured to see them here, mainly because I don't like the lower class ignorant ones and also because none of them were wearing masks!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I wondering which Chinese came on the 9th than....There was so much publicity of Chinese coming after the lockdown and today the first direct plane???

This was the first direct flight to phuket, the 9th was the first to come to Thailand 

I was reading about how bad covid has been lately in China.

I see Thailand has not disappointed us once again with welcoming this nation back with open arms.

I hope I am wrong but I was happy to see the country slowly getting back on its feet and now I fear this might be what knocks it back down again.

• Like 1