Millions view Thai English teacher's tweet after boasting about line jumping at Los Angeles airport immigration in US

webfact

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

She didn't jump US Immigration, she was checking in and was simply boosted into a priority check-in by a airport staffer who liked her attire. The assertion that they then sent her back to the plebs check in because she wasn't a US citizen is just so much more nonsense.

I hope my lunch is better than this.

Most likely they just steered her to an open kiosk, which she may not have seen, which are available to anyone and everyone. She's just a garden variety tiktok world pathological liar whose life would be meaningless (to her) if she didn't put on her little show on a regular basis. It's actually quite sad that she's got nothing else going for her but her looks and her bs stories. Now picture the kind of relationship such a person would be in, likely just a transactional relationship not based on honesty and love but on the  superficial. Looks aren't enough to sustain a good long term relationship. No thanks. There are enough beautiful Thai women with big hearts and not an ounce of phoniness to them. 

2 hours ago, khunjeff said:

When her claim was challenged online (by a friend of mine, among many others), she changed her story and said she was actually talking about a US domestic flight - but was unable to explain how being mistaken for an American could have possibly helped her in that case, since there are no separate US citizen lines for domestic security, check-in, boarding, or anything else.

The assumption among Thais is that she just invented the whole tale as a marketing ploy to sell her English classes: "look, you can be like me and speak English so well that people will mistake you for an American!" 

This is the most plausible explanation I've read and seems very much par for the course.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sig said:

So, because you're an American, you speak for all American men??? That is one heck of a generalization. It may be the case that men (EVERYWHERE) are "easily enamored by a pretty face (and a hot body)", the insinuation that America is more this way (both being enamored and that of giving exceptional treatment to such women) than other countries throughout the world is just plain and simple BS. And in my experience, although limited to 20 some-odd countries, I'd say that this is less likely to happen in America than nearly every country I've gotten to know to some degree. There is such an extreme push to treat women "equally" in America, I believe this kind of behavior is MUCH more limited than most of the world's countries. An attractive female in the US CANNOT "easily talk her way out of getting a speeding ticket". You apparently don't know many police officers and how a woman attempting to use her beauty to get out of things is more likely to guarantee a woman a ticket than not, by the vast majority of officers. I'm guessing that you must be reliving a time of your youth many decades ago when what you describe may have been more likely than these days. Virtually everyone I know in America despise, to the nth degree, women who try to use their beauty to gain an advantage!

My Man...just lettin it rip .... ????

They got 12+ pages in another thread hatin' on us and thats not enough.  Ol boy gotta bring it over here...

No mercy.  Cobra Kai

• Haha 1

If she got her luggage she was done with immigration. At LAX you go thru immigration first then you collect your bags and go thru customs. Then your are done to leave. Total false and uninformative post by our fluent English. I cannot believe any immigration officer would speak to anyone like that. Although I had a female officer try and take a Von Dutch bag I had brought back to Thailand years ago. I had brought back about 10 bags for my daughters friends. Customs had me empty my bag and this femal officer took the bags and she seperated one from the group. After a check the bags were ok as no notice about them being counterfit in the computer. The woman shoved all the bags over to me except the one, while putting the bags in my luggage I told her by the way I will also take the bag over there, being the one she seperated. She had a crappy look on her face O well it is how it goes.

Edited by moe666

7 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Bit of bs baffles ‘brains’ going on there by the looks. 

re the brains area, actually so dumb she didn't think that she would ultimately have to go through an appropriate channel and show the appropriate paper work. 

Immigration everywhere check things 100%.

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

Geee, never thought there are soooo many board people, apparently, 1.7 million people who has nothing better to do it seems, all in all funny story...

Soo many board people waiting to board a wave ? 

Bored people everywhere 

8 hours ago, smew said:

bad publicity is better than no publicity... and people will do anything to get it " one crowded houur of semi glorious life is worth an age without a name"    

What i wouldn't give for nameless ages...to be a shadow in the crowd without any notice given to my comings and goings. I know you wrote a well known (idiom?) but it simply isn't the case. Being scrutinized by endless numbers of zombie like sub humans just is not much fun tbh. Stared out by NPCs day in day out when going to the grocery aisles, the shops, the bar, everywhere...if i wasn't so tall I would wear a birka

Edited by Mang Gon

11 hours ago, Berkshire said:

An attractive female in the US can easily talk her way out of getting a speeding ticket.  But a guy?  Forget about it. 

I once talked my way out of getting a ticket for running a redlight in Iowa.

The officer was female,  I was a young man.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sig said:

So, because you're an American, you speak for all American men??? That is one heck of a generalization. It may be the case that men (EVERYWHERE) are "easily enamored by a pretty face (and a hot body)", the insinuation that America is more this way (both being enamored and that of giving exceptional treatment to such women) than other countries throughout the world is just plain and simple BS. And in my experience, although limited to 20 some-odd countries, I'd say that this is less likely to happen in America than nearly every country I've gotten to know to some degree. There is such an extreme push to treat women "equally" in America, I believe this kind of behavior is MUCH more limited than most of the world's countries. An attractive female in the US CANNOT "easily talk her way out of getting a speeding ticket". You apparently don't know many police officers and how a woman attempting to use her beauty to get out of things is more likely to guarantee a woman a ticket than not, by the vast majority of officers. I'm guessing that you must be reliving a time of your youth many decades ago when what you describe may have been more likely than these days. Virtually everyone I know in America despise, to the nth degree, women who try to use their beauty to gain an advantage!

I would have said America and all comparably emasculated nations. That list would include nearly all of Europe, Australia, NZ, and Canada. 

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, khunjeff said:

When her claim was challenged online (by a friend of mine, among many others), she changed her story and said she was actually talking about a US domestic flight - but was unable to explain how being mistaken for an American could have possibly helped her in that case, since there are no separate US citizen lines for domestic security, check-in, boarding, or anything else.

The assumption among Thais is that she just invented the whole tale as a marketing ploy to sell her English classes: "look, you can be like me and speak English so well that people will mistake you for an American!" 

Makes more sense when she was allegedly advised by an airport staffer that she only needs to show her driving license.

I guess her class enrollments have taken a dive.

21 hours ago, Berkshire said:

American men are easily enamored by a pretty face (and a hot body).  I should know, being an American.  An equally fluent English speaker who happens to be a Thai guy (or an older, less attractive female) would not get the same treatment.  It's not just immigration, but other aspects of life.  An attractive female in the US can easily talk her way out of getting a speeding ticket.  But a guy?  Forget about it. 

With my swarthy, Sean Connery looks and Scottish brogue, I talked my way out of a speeding ticket and a potential DUI in Texas. The hansum man factor isn't exclusive to the sweaty underparts of Thailand.

Good looking people of ALL genders tend to fare better in work and life.

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I would have said America and all comparably emasculated nations. That list would include nearly all of Europe, Australia, NZ, and Canada. 

One can only be emasculated if one lets it happen. If one still has one's nuts, then this  'emasculation' is entirely between one's ears.

I'm Scottish BTW.

Edited by NanLaew

21 hours ago, ezzra said:

Geee, never thought there are soooo many board people, apparently, 1.7 million people who has nothing better to do it seems, all in all funny story...

All those people walking around like zombies with their eyes glued to their gadgets, what could it be that keeps them all so fascinated?  Now you know.

Whatever is going on inside the gadget is more important than what is actually in front of them.

On 1/18/2023 at 11:19 PM, Berkshire said:

No need to get all defensive.  I never suggested that this happens more in the US than other countries--you did.  While this kind of thing is hard to quantify, most attractive women will tell you they get special treatment for all manner of things...mostly from men of course.  It's even been pointed out in TV shows, like Seinfeld.

But the entire point of my post was that the Thai female in the OP suggested it was her fluency in English that got her the special treatment.  I'm saying it wasn't that at all, but rather it was her physical attractiveness.  Are you agreeing with me or the girl in the OP? 

I wasn't coming from a position of being "all defensive", at all. There was no offense to defend, that I can see, other than against what I believe are objective facts. I was simply pointing out what I believe is true. I may have read between the lines a bit too much in what I thought was your insinuation. Perhaps it's from being so accustomed to seeing seemingly every Tom, Dick, and Harry expat having some sort of hang-up or insecurity and in some bizarre way feel the need to bash, belittle, and berate everything American as being worse than everywhere else on the planet, not that there isn't plenty to gripe about, as Americans themselves know a LOT better than anyone else....

I did not suggest that this happens more in the US than other countries, as you say. I actually said nearly the exact opposite.

No doubt, attractive women often get special treatment in many settings. I agree. I took exception with what you said re "An attractive female in the US can easily talk her way out of getting a speeding ticket." That is utter nonsense, as I explained before.

As for just what it was that got the woman in the story some sort of special treatment... I have no idea. I don't pretend to be able to read the minds and hearts, i.e., motives, of anyone where it is not explicitly clear. She, having experienced the interaction directly and being completely unbiased and not immoderately proud of her language competency :P,  apparently thought it was due to her English fluency. Regardless of the source, that is a plausible idea. Others, with their subjective idea of her being attractive, thought that was the reason, which is also plausible. Who knows..... It very well may have been an innocent mistake of someone speaking with her and not being able to detect an accent, assumed she was an American.... I have no idea. If that were not the case, I don't know why they would have mistakenly directed her to a place where only Americans could go. So, that seems to be more plausible to me. I have experienced many people who are horrible at detecting accents, even when I think the accent is quite pronounced. It is eminently likely we will never know which is the case in this situation and I couldn't care less.