Millions view Thai English teacher's tweet after boasting about line jumping at Los Angeles airport immigration in US

webfact

On 1/19/2023 at 12:56 AM, spidermike007 said:

I consider twitter, Instagram and tik tok to be some of the most corrosive forces around. It gives everybody a platform to complain and moan, about the tiniest little things. Netizens? Please. 

Dissimilar to this site? ????

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes. Absolutely. Those are sites for hundreds of millions. One nasty tweet can destroy a life. A reputation. A career. Without any proof. Twitter, Instagram and Tiktok are toxic beyond comprehension. 

This forum? Just a relatively small number (how many members, 100,000 maybe?) of primarily expats who enjoy a place to vent, exchange ideas, and share their views on life here and elsewhere. This forum is quite a positive space, despite some moaning and groaning, which is natural. And this forum represents a pinhead of people, and nothing ever "goes viral" and destroys lives. That is a huge fundamental difference. 

I generally agree with you. But vehemently disagree with this:

"This forum is quite a positive space"

It really isn't. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

I generally agree with you. But vehemently disagree with this:

"This forum is quite a positive space"

It really isn't. 

Well, there are many of us who moan and groan on here. But, I think it is a positive space, in a sense that it gives many of us a place to share ideas, get advice, give advice, and comment on the state of the world. That is a good thing. I did not mean that there is not negativity on here. As they say, water off a ducks back.