Millions view Thai English teacher's tweet after boasting about line jumping at Los Angeles airport immigration in US

webfact

She didn't jump US Immigration, she was checking in and was simply boosted into a priority check-in by a airport staffer who liked her attire. The assertion that they then sent her back to the plebs check in because she wasn't a US citizen is just so much more nonsense.

I hope my lunch is better than this.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

she was checking in and was simply boosted into a priority check-in by a airport staffer who liked her attire. The assertion that they then sent her back to the plebs check in because she wasn't a US citizen is just so much more nonsense.

You were there to witness what happened?

9 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

She was checking in for a departing flight. The US does not do face-to-face outbound immigration checks. That duty is served either by the airline's check-in staff or an Immigration self-service kiosk once you are airside (after check in). US citizens don't have a separate bag drop and check-in option.

You were there?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

You know social media is out of control, when something like this goes viral. Is this a positive force for contemporary culture? I think not. I consider twitter, Instagram and tik tok to be some of the most corrosive forces around. It gives everybody a platform to complain and moan, about the tiniest little things. Netizens? Please. 

So, are we moving forward as a civilization? If there were intelligent alien species out there, why would they have the slightest interest in contacting us? 

To add us as friends?  ????

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, Berkshire said:

American men are easily enamored by a pretty face (and a hot body).  I should know, being an American.  An equally fluent English speaker who happens to be a Thai guy (or an older, less attractive female) would not get the same treatment.  It's not just immigration, but other aspects of life.  An attractive female in the US can easily talk her way out of getting a speeding ticket.  But a guy?  Forget about it. 

So, because you're an American, you speak for all American men??? That is one heck of a generalization. It may be the case that men (EVERYWHERE) are "easily enamored by a pretty face (and a hot body)", the insinuation that America is more this way (both being enamored and that of giving exceptional treatment to such women) than other countries throughout the world is just plain and simple BS. And in my experience, although limited to 20 some-odd countries, I'd say that this is less likely to happen in America than nearly every country I've gotten to know to some degree. There is such an extreme push to treat women "equally" in America, I believe this kind of behavior is MUCH more limited than most of the world's countries. An attractive female in the US CANNOT "easily talk her way out of getting a speeding ticket". You apparently don't know many police officers and how a woman attempting to use her beauty to get out of things is more likely to guarantee a woman a ticket than not, by the vast majority of officers. I'm guessing that you must be reliving a time of your youth many decades ago when what you describe may have been more likely than these days. Virtually everyone I know in America despise, to the nth degree, women who try to use their beauty to gain an advantage!

Edited by Sig
Moderated a bit....
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1