Man Crossing Road in the Dark Hit and Killed in Pattaya

snoop1130

S__90054963-696x353.jpg

A pedestrian was hit and killed by a car when he tried to cross a poorly lit road in Pattaya on Wednesday, January 18th.

Banglamung Police were notified of the fatal crash that happened on Sukhumvit Road in front of Soi Banglamung 12 in Banglamung district, Chonburi, at 9 PM yesterday. Thai authorities responded immediately to the accident with Sawang Boriboon emergency responders.

The victim, identified as Mr. Paiboon Tongmo, 46, was found dead on the road. He was a Loei province native, according to police.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/01/19/man-crossing-road-in-the-dark-hit-and-killed-in-pattaya/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-01-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

A fatal mistake on both parts. One crossing the road at night, didn’t look too dark with all the street lights, but still kinda like a deer running across the road, and the other speeding unable to stop in time. At least he stopped afterwards. Well by the looks of his car he had to. RIP

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

IF that picture is from the incident...  

... Then the deceased wasn’t simply 'crossing a poorly lit road'... he 'ran out in front of on-comming traffic, apparently without looking'. 

But... Also note the photo shows 114kmh...    Did the guy run out in front of the car after poorly judging the approaching speed ?

Looks like the drivers own dash-cam footage is self incriminating. 

I tried to find soi 12 on Google Maps but could not....is it around Sawang Fah? Sukhumvit is lit but not very well, I think they are the old yellow type not giving out much light. There are also traffic lights around that area.....114 kph would seem a bit fast for that built up area. He admitted the road was very dark but felt 114 kph was suitable. 

I almost took out a gal in daylight, and the PoPo coming up behind ready to pass me, would have took her out if she hadn't stopped in between lanes ????

He stopped down the road a 100 meters and had a laugh.  They were as surprised as I was, that i didn't hit her.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I tried to find soi 12 on Google Maps but could not....is it around Sawang Fah? Sukhumvit is lit but not very well, I think they are the old yellow type not giving out much light. There are also traffic lights around that area.....114 kph would seem a bit fast for that built up area. He admitted the road was very dark but felt 114 kph was suitable. 

The GPS N13.010465 E100.930822 is on Sukhumvit north-bound, about 800mtrs past Route 36, between Soi 14 and Soi 12, although Soi 12 is about 500mtrs further-on; obviously the reporter's eyesight is about as good as the reporting. 

Edited by Moti24
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Moti24 said:

The GPS N13.010465 E100.930822 is on Sukhumvit north-bound, about 800mtrs past Route 36, between Soi 14 and Soi 12, although Soi 12 is about 500mtrs further-on; obviously the reporter's eyesight is about as good as the the reporting. 

Ah before Rong Poh market..... Sukhumvit not a Rd to  cross on foot and certainly faster traffic there. 

I have seen the video, it is quite horrific. The guy looking as if he jumped in front of the car who had no chance. If it wasnt deliberate, what in the hell is he doing crossing the Sukumvit which is the eqivalent of a motorway in the dark. There are crossing bridges but like all Thais they take the short cut.

2 hours ago, Moti24 said:

The GPS N13.010465 E100.930822 is on Sukhumvit north-bound, about 800mtrs past Route 36, between Soi 14 and Soi 12, although Soi 12 is about 500mtrs further-on; obviously the reporter's eyesight is about as good as the reporting. 

Screenshot_20230120_100716_Maps.jpg

Showing the speed of 114 is not the smartest move. 24 over the limit in the night on unlit road.

Totally careless.

There are countries where you would be heavily penalized just for that. And killing a pedestrian from this negligence would bring you to prison.

Edited by KhunBENQ