Re entry permit at Suvarnabhumi Airport

Is a re-entry permit (single entry or multiple) available at either of the 2 Bangkok airports for those being Permanent Residents? Both the passport and PR Book have to have permits.  Last time I went to Buriram Immigration main Office, they could not assist as they did not have the required stamp, which I was told was different to the standard re-entry permit stamp.

6 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Is a re-entry permit (single entry or multiple) available at either of the 2 Bangkok airports for those being Permanent Residents? Both the passport and PR Book have to have permits.  Last time I went to Buriram Immigration main Office, they could not assist as they did not have the required stamp, which I was told was different to the standard re-entry permit stamp.

Not available at either airport.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Sorry that is simply incorrect. You can use fast track, they stamp you out then you walk to the re-entry desk and get your re-entry. In the "normal" channel you do re-entry first then go to the immigration desk to be stamped out, but in Fast Track you do immigration first then go to get the re-entry.

I really hate to see people stating things here as fact when they are wrong, especially when they do it repeatedly in the same thread.

In my defense in most countries you would not be able to access "Land Side" services when you were "Airside" Or to put it another way, the moment the IO stamps your Exit from Thailand you're considered as having left Thailand so to access a service in Thailand, then technically you are in the country illegally... 

But thanks for being the 3rd person to point that out to me, I had already acknowledged the guy who said you could do this, ME, wouldn't dream of even trying to do it so I get my re-entry permit before I go to the airport.

On 1/24/2023 at 8:15 PM, rocky123 said:
Went to Pattaya immigration today. Disgraceful, lined for 4+ hrs for a re entry permit and we were treated like POWs . Aggressive behavior to us, in between their chats on their phones. But I got the permit in me passport. That place is a joke

Are folks able to go online and  make an appointment for a re-entry permit with Jomtiem immigration? Can do at CW, don't know about Jomtiem.

That would be the convenient way of getting it on your own from an immigration office.

Edited by rwilem

On 1/24/2023 at 7:06 PM, DrJack54 said:

Yes and no. 

There have been reports where immigration have not been impressed with that practice and have made it know.

It requires official to walk you back to reentry permit office.

Have never read a report of not being able to obtain the permit after clearing immigration using fast tract  however it's (imo) poor form . 

it does not require an official to walk you back to the office.  i've had the immigration guy in the fast track area tell me i need to go get the permit - i already knew that of course.  they are very friendly about it.  i've even done it in the non fast track immigration where the permit office is, the line for getting stamped out was short so i got in it and stamped out (in case it got longer) and then got the permit after.  no bad looks at all.  

you should try it sometime and give us a report on how it goes for you.  experience counts alot on these matters.

3 minutes ago, buick said:

you should try it sometime and give us a report on how it goes for you.  experience counts alot on these matters.

I obtain my reentry permits at DMK and BKK. 

I don't use fast track at BKK. 

As for the rest of your post congratulations. 

My post was from reading other experiences in many threads on this at BKK using fast tract then crossing back for reentry permit.

Yes it works. Yes sometimes (your example) no unfavorable reaction.

I can assure you that's not always the case. 

21 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

In my defense in most countries you would not be able to access "Land Side" services when you were "Airside" Or to put it another way, the moment the IO stamps your Exit from Thailand you're considered as having left Thailand so to access a service in Thailand, then technically you are in the country illegally... 

But thanks for being the 3rd person to point that out to me, I had already acknowledged the guy who said you could do this, ME, wouldn't dream of even trying to do it so I get my re-entry permit before I go to the airport.

years ago, i was the same as you.  get the permit at CW in bkk, not a big deal for me to go out there, my schedule isn't full.  i fly business class often and figured i had no chance to go through that lane and then get the permit.  some things are a little messed up in thailand and i figured that was one of them (use fast track but blocked from the permit area).  but i was told on this forum that it isn't a problem.  i took the risk and it paid off nicely.  since then i've done it alot, as i noted in a post above, i've even done it in the departure hall that has the permit desk (flying econ).  the line was short so i got stamped out first and then got the permit.

in the USA, at LAX, i got interrogated by the CBP guys years ago.  they made it very clear that i wasn't in the USA until i got stamped in.  so i then asked, 'if you arrest me for something now, does it make a difference whether i'm stamped in or not ?'  they got upset with that question !!!  i don't think it did make a difference.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

I obtain my reentry permits at DMK and BKK. 

I don't use fast track at BKK. 

As for the rest of your post congratulations. 

My post was from reading other experiences in many threads on this at BKK using fast tract then crossing back for reentry permit.

Yes it works. Yes sometimes (your example) no unfavorable reaction.

I can assure you that's not always the case. 

just accept it.  i know it is hard.  but it is true.  immigration officers are ok if you have to get it after the fact.  they don't need it to process your exit.  if it was not desirable, why have they never said anything to me about it ?  they say nothing.    

• Haha 1

On 1/24/2023 at 8:35 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Not so...  Just tell them (at Fast Track Immigration) that you also want a ‘re-entry permit’ they will take you round the back (behind the immigration counters) to the re-entry permit desk....  so you’ll still get through security quicker etc... 

i might be wrong but i think there are two fast track lanes (not counting the special check in for thai airways business class).  one of them is connected to the hall that has the permit desk, it is an easy, short walk and you never leave the immigration area to get to the permit desk.  at least that is how i remember it (but maybe i was using the TG lane, it was awhile back).  but more recently, i've used the fast track near the higher letters in the alphabet (check in counters) and there, i have to leave the immigration area, enter the terminal airside and walk to the other hall with the permit desk.   so i've gone totally outside of the immigration area.

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, buick said:

years ago, i was the same as you.

I just get a Multi Re-entry with my annual extension (Pay an agent 8k to do all of my extension paperwork/running around for me + another 4K for the multi re-entry permit) 

I'm just one of those guys who if I didn't have a re-entry permit, I would go through the "Standard Channel" with my Business Class ticket to get one, "Walking Back" behind the scenes (as has been commented before) is just "Bad Form" to me... 

Hey.. To Each His Own  ???? 

On 1/24/2023 at 2:18 PM, DrJack54 said:

At airport would have taken 15-20 mins. 

Have the queue at the airport too. I saw it last time I was there. Best to do it in advance and fly totally peace of mind. I don't mind if there are many people at immigration. Everything is easy for doctor jack and mister Hide ????

This might not be such a great idea anymore. On Jan 27 2023 I left BKK on a flight to Tokyo and then onto Los Angeles.

I arrived at 0430 and check-in at the ANA counter was completed at 0600.  The line was long and slow.  I waited in line for 80 minutes and the actual check-in process took 10 minutes. This might the norm at BKK now.  I then went through security and immigration.  This took an additional 20 minutes.  I got to the gate at 0635.  By now boarding had started.  This is why I always get the reentry permit at immigration. 

I did not have any time to even stop for a cup of coffee or even get something to eat. 

On this day all check-in lines for international flights were long and moving slowly.  

On 1/26/2023 at 1:03 AM, Mike Teavee said:

I just get a Multi Re-entry with my annual extension (Pay an agent 8k to do all of my extension paperwork/running around for me + another 4K for the multi re-entry permit) 

I'm just one of those guys who if I didn't have a re-entry permit, I would go through the "Standard Channel" with my Business Class ticket to get one, "Walking Back" behind the scenes (as has been commented before) is just "Bad Form" to me... 

Hey.. To Each His Own  ???? 

like i said, i was same as you.  i've got the multi at immigration.  i've gone through the standard channel on a business ticket, bypassing the fast track, to get the permit.  but once i was informed here on this forum that you can get one after being stamped out, that all changed.  i will say i almost forgot to get one once, if the immigration officer didn't mention it, i probably would have forgotten about it.  might of remembered at the gate and had to run back to the permit office !!

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

This might not be such a great idea anymore. On Jan 27 2023 I left BKK on a flight to Tokyo and then onto Los Angeles.

I arrived at 0430 and check-in at the ANA counter was completed at 0600.  The line was long and slow.  I waited in line for 80 minutes and the actual check-in process took 10 minutes. This might the norm at BKK now.  I then went through security and immigration.  This took an additional 20 minutes.  I got to the gate at 0635.  By now boarding had started.  This is why I always get the reentry permit at immigration. 

I did not have any time to even stop for a cup of coffee or even get something to eat. 

On this day all check-in lines for international flights were long and moving slowly.  

i know what you mean.  years ago i flew alot in econ and always got the permit at immigration.  i got the multi as i had to fly out of the country every month or two, that was back before the crackdown on too many visa exempt entries.

21 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Do they check for an up to date 90 day report if you have been in country more than 90 days before issuing the re-entry permit?

Receipt of 90 day report not a requirement for reentry permit at airport or at immigration.

Mind you immigration offices do what they want. 

• Thanks 1