Re entry permit at Suvarnabhumi Airport

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

If he's anything like me, I forget what I did yesterday, that includes when and where I got my last re-entry permit, although I do remember getting it at Swampy at times. Comes with old age for some of us, so being reassured here does help those of us, as opposed to being questioned over a simple question. 

So are you suggesting that when I need a re-entry permit next year, when I am 76 and cannot remember my own name, I ask on this forum again for re-assurance? 555

Edited by KannikaP

Went to Pattaya immigration today. Disgraceful, lined for 4+ hrs for a re entry permit and we were treated like POWs . Aggressive behavior to us, in between their chats on their phones. But I got the permit in me passport. That place is a joke

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, rocky123 said:

lined for 4+ hrs

I found that the place where it takes the least time is Don Mueng airport. It is usually empty of foreigners but full of immigration officers. The longest it might take there is 10 minutes.

13 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

I found that the place where it takes the least time is Don Mueng airport.

Agree.

Folk should note that the reentry permit office is immediately other side of immigration. 

You can see the office from passport control. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KannikaP said:

So are you suggesting that when I need a re-entry permit next year, when I am 76 and cannot remember my own name, I ask on this forum again for re-assurance? 555

If your truly 76 you'd think that you would understand that Alzheimer's and Dementia doesn't effect everyone, stubbornness on the other hand appears to affect some more than here on the forum.

Alzheimer's disease is most common in people over the age of 65. The risk of Alzheimer's disease and other types of dementia increases with age, affecting an estimated 1 in 14 people over the age of 65 and 1 in every 6 people over the age of 80.

Dementia for people aged between 65 and 69, is around 2 in every 100. A person's risk then increases as they age, roughly doubling every five years.

????????

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KannikaP said:

What I'm suggesting is at 76 you should get your re-entry permit before going to the airport & use the fast track lane.... 

I'm 56 & shouldn't be telling people this as I'll probably be queueing behind you with my Business Class ticket but my father is 76 and I would hate for him to use the "Standard Channel" when he could be using fast track 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, rocky123 said:
Went to Pattaya immigration today. Disgraceful, lined for 4+ hrs for a re entry permit and we were treated like POWs . Aggressive behavior to us, in between their chats on their phones. But I got the permit in me passport. That place is a joke

Last time I needed a re-entry permit (have always got a Multi with my extension but stopped doing so during Covid times) I went to Maneerat on Soi 13/2, 15 minutes later I was in Robin Hood Tavern for lunch... Went back next day re-entry permit in passport, took the GF shopping at central. 

Next time I'll queue up in Immigration for 4 hours, it's a LOT cheaper!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Agree.

Folk should note that the reentry permit office is immediately other side of immigration. 

You can see the office from passport control. 

Not if you're using the Fast Track lane.

Sorry to keep harping on about this but if you go through Fast Track you cannot get a re-entry permit at the airport. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Sorry to keep harping on about this but if you go through Fast Track you cannot get a re-entry permit at the airport. 

yes you can.  i've done it several times in the previous 18 months.

Edited by buick
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Gaccha said:

I found that the place where it takes the least time is Don Mueng airport. It is usually empty of foreigners but full of immigration officers. The longest it might take there is 10 minutes.

No good if you are flying from Swampy   555

4 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Thanks for this, I hadn't even considered that you could do it that way... 

Great Info... 

there's been a misconception of sorts that you must get the permit before you get stamped out of the country.  it is ok to get stamped out first and get the permit after. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, buick said:

there's been a misconception of sorts that you must get the permit before you get stamped out of the country.  it is ok to get stamped out first and get the permit after. 

Yes and no. 

There have been reports where immigration have not been impressed with that practice and have made it know.

It requires official to walk you back to reentry permit office.

Have never read a report of not being able to obtain the permit after clearing immigration using fast tract  however it's (imo) poor form . 

So looks like there are three options.

1) go to Immigration and pay 1000 baht.

2)get it at the airport for 1000 or 1200.

3) use an agent. 1500 on Soi Post Office according to a prior post.  2000 at the copy shop next to Jomtien Immigration.

Personally, I would never get it at the airport unless I forgot and had no choice.  But I suppose if I lived quite a distance from Immigration and agents I might choose the airport option.

Since I live close to Immigration so I choose the 1000 baht option but I have to admit that 1500 baht is a good price if one wants the convenience of an agent.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2023 at 5:31 AM, Mike Teavee said:

But the desk is also only accessible from the "Standard Channel" so if you're flying Business Class or can use fast track for other reasons (e.g. being over 70) then you'll need to forego being able to use the fast track channel & so potentially lose a lot of time.  

Not so...  Just tell them (at Fast Track Immigration) that you also want a ‘re-entry permit’ they will take you round the back (behind the immigration counters) to the re-entry permit desk....  so you’ll still get through security quicker etc... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Sorry that is simply incorrect. You can use fast track, they stamp you out then you walk to the re-entry desk and get your re-entry. In the "normal" channel you do re-entry first then go to the immigration desk to be stamped out, but in Fast Track you do immigration first then go to get the re-entry.

I really hate to see people stating things here as fact when they are wrong, especially when they do it repeatedly in the same thread.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes and no. 

There have been reports where immigration have not been impressed with that practice and have made it know.

It requires official to walk you back to reentry permit office.

Have never read a report of not being able to obtain the permit after clearing immigration using fast tract  however it's (imo) poor form . 

Nobody walked me, they just pointed me in the right direction.