Thailand’s dependence on tourism means losing passport wars

webfact

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

While we're at it add visa free travel for those from all Asean countries to go west like my Myanmar GF. We applied for her to obtain a visa to the US 18 Months ago and it's still in the first stage.  Trying to travel outside of South East Asia is an issue because they believe they will never return here. 

Agreed and that reason is often given without justification and cannot be challenged. I would love to know the official percentage of SE Asian visitors to the west travelling with a long time partner, who stay illegally The reality is that a lot of these decisions are made for the UK by non British nationals working in India who have a maximum quota of people they can allow in or lose their job. 

In fact, my nephew could not get a visa to visit with his gf and ended up getting a fiance visa to marry and live in uk, which ridiculously was easier to get. It wasn't long before his wife missed Thailand too much and they returned to Thailand.

6 hours ago, Enzian said:

Is the writer of this piece being intentionally dense? It's all a function of the fact that western countries have a normal income 3 or 4 X Thailand. Same as why half of Syria and north Africa wants to move to Europe. Enough.

Article seems like it was written for the sole purpose of conjuring up another 16 pages of back and forth bickering over which passport is greater than others.  

• Thumbs Up 2