Western Brands Cut Quality For Thai market

Brewster67

I have long suspected a lot of the imported gear that comes in from China to be substantially poorer quality and cheaper grade than what the Chinese send to Western countries. I put it down to lack of quality control by Thailand.

On the tea subject, I buy boxes when I am in the UK and bring it over.

• Thanks 1

Liptons tea , I would rather go without than drink that weak rubbish . Yet every hotel that I have stayed in Thailand , will serve Liptons tea , be it in your room or restaurant . Its either Liptons or 3 in 1 coffee which is loaded with sugar , ugh .

Lazada is a mine field when trying to buy a genuine brand name item and often faced with a wide range of prices for the same article .

Friend , in Thailand , had a Samsung TV which broke down 2 months outside of the 1 year guarantee . When he researched the model he found it was only produced and sold in Thailand and was no longer available .

• Thanks 1

On 1/26/2023 at 2:50 PM, Celsius said:

Have you tried Nivea and Watsons? Don't.

I've used a couple cans of Nivea bought on Lazada lately... Although I generally prefer shaving gels from the U.S., I thought the Nivea foam gave a comfortable shave and was fine, despite being pretty pricey.