Motorcyclists throw stones at ambulance smashing windshield in Bangkok

webfact

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Ergo... Your English is either far worse than it initially appears, or, you are refusing to accept error with the comical attempt to safe face and instead landing flat on it !!! 

Thought you know that we are many different nationalities on this forum, and that they have specifically informed, numerous times,  that we should not call out each other regarding the level of English that is used in this forum. However, it seems like Brits can´t understand there are more languages in the world.

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:
14 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Ergo... Your English is either far worse than it initially appears, or, you are refusing to accept error with the comical attempt to safe face and instead landing flat on it !!! 

Thought you know that we are many different nationalities on this forum, and that they have specifically informed, numerous times,  that we should not call out each other regarding the level of English that is used in this forum. However, it seems like Brits can´t understand there are more languages in the world.

I agree....  I respect those who speak English as a second language, particularly those who speak and write English as a second language as well as you.

However, when its highlighted that you have misunderstood or imagined some meaning in a comment and you refuse to accept that, then its natural that your comprehension is brought into question... 

... You still seem to not understand that no one has said its ok to throw stones at an ambulance. Or, perhaps you do but your ‘face saving ego’ has surfaced and you lack the capacity to simply admit a mistake.

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Up to you!

No...  its just the English Language. 

Bizarrely, you chose to imagine ‘add-ons’ to what someone wrote and then take offence at your imagined interpretation and posted your objection. 

What you have done is called ‘Gaslighting’ and also ‘Virtue signalling’...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

One day it could be their own family and themselves needing these services!!!!!

So its ok to throw stones at normal cars, but not ambulances ????  

[thats ones for Gottfrid to help him understand the kind of flawed conclusions that can be jumped to when exaggerating a comment out of context]

The fact that these idiots threw stones at any moving vehicle is wrong...  I hope they are caught and charged adequately, and also pay for any damages + compensation.

On 1/27/2023 at 6:03 PM, StayinThailand2much said:

Sadly a growing trend worldwide, rowdies attacking ambulance drivers, firemen, etc., while they do their duty...

Nothing  new about that! It goes with the territory.  As a paramedic ambulance attendent in big-city California in the late 70s early 80s I've faced the suicidal, the homicidal and the criminally insane, I've been slapped, slugged, spit at in the face, drawn down on (gun to the head), stabbed in the back, and  had to fight for my life on the street a few times.  I remember a gang war in the SF east bay that raged for 3 nights, we had our ambulance windshield bashed with baseball bats and some of our crews were attacked, all because we were trying to help the fallen opposing gang members.  And we were unarmed first responder medics.  How the police get treated is far more hostile. That's just what you have to deal with all day, every day, the worst people and worst situations that a "civilized society" has to offer.  After 5 years of that I went back to tree work. The trees are hard work and sometimes dangerous, but are far more peaceful than humans. 

• Like 1

On 1/27/2023 at 6:03 PM, StayinThailand2much said:

Sadly a growing trend worldwide, rowdies attacking ambulance drivers, firemen, etc., while they do their duty...

Yes, it still happens in my old town in Oz. It seems to be clever or a badge of honour.

Teengers????????

22 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

No...  its just the English Language. 

Bizarrely, you chose to imagine ‘add-ons’ to what someone wrote and then take offence at your imagined interpretation and posted your objection. 

What you have done is called ‘Gaslighting’ and also ‘Virtue signalling’...

Really!?? ???????????? Do you ever get tired of using such fantastic descriptions? ????????????

I don´t know what you have problem with. My opinion and way of seeing what was written stands. I will not change that for you nor anybody else. 

22 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I agree....  I respect those who speak English as a second language, particularly those who speak and write English as a second language as well as you.

However, when its highlighted that you have misunderstood or imagined some meaning in a comment and you refuse to accept that, then its natural that your comprehension is brought into question... 

... You still seem to not understand that no one has said its ok to throw stones at an ambulance. Or, perhaps you do but your ‘face saving ego’ has surfaced and you lack the capacity to simply admit a mistake.

Help! What´s wrong Richard? Now you start to reply to yourself. Better go look up that condition. ???? image.png.54974b58de94fb45b112b5dbfed237b5.png

Really!?? ???????????? Do you ever get tired of using such fantastic descriptions? ????????????

Just the English language...  but you can interpret those words and make up your own meaning for them if you like !!!... 

I don´t know what you have problem with. My opinion and way of seeing what was written stands. I will not change that for you nor anybody else. 

So you think its ok to call another poster total a$$hole and attack them for what you think they wrote ???

Help! What´s wrong Richard? Now you start to reply to yourself. Better go look up that condition. ???? image.png.54974b58de94fb45b112b5dbfed237b5.png

Erm...  learn how to use the ‘expand’ function on the quotes... 

image.thumb.png.9621336a409cc6c5985dfdab300fe9a4.png

That said - you seem to live by a strange set of rules...  some people do add further comments to an existing one thus appearing to quote themselves, perhaps for clarification... 

... There’s nothing wrong with that...  but you seem to think its some sort of ‘condition’... very odd. 

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Erm...  learn how to use the ‘expand’ function on the quotes... 

image.thumb.png.9621336a409cc6c5985dfdab300fe9a4.png

That said - you seem to live by a strange set of rules...  some people do add further comments to an existing one thus appearing to quote themselves, perhaps for clarification... 

... There’s nothing wrong with that...  but you seem to think its some sort of ‘condition’... very odd. 

As usual, yours and mine opinion differs. Let´s stay with that, and please refrain from stalking me more.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Just the English language...  but you can interpret those words and make up your own meaning for them if you like !!!... 

So you think its ok to call another poster total a$$hole and attack them for what you think they wrote ???

Never said that. It´s your words. Stand by them! I stand by mine. As I said before, our opinions differ. Let´s stop at that point.