Thaksin’s Homecoming, Arrest-Free Desire Questioned

webfact

I didn't like Thaksin when he was PM - but he sure has grown on me after the past 8 or so years.

I say let him back and lead again if he can get the votes. 

The only downside is the  likelihood of a yellow rebellion if he does come back to power. 

59 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

I didn't like Thaksin when he was PM - but he sure has grown on me after the past 8 or so years.

I say let him back and lead again if he can get the votes. 

The only downside is the  likelihood of a yellow rebellion if he does come back to power. 

I am not so sure about a yellow rebellion as that was mostly in Bangkok and many yellow shirts are older and have died off.

They will also need the army to help them out and that may not be so easy this time, as so many Thai people have suffered under the current "leadership".

I also believe that he who cannot be named, will have less effect than his father before him.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2023 at 8:47 AM, owl sees all said:

True enough.

But overall, Thailand is not doing so bad. Look at the Europe sh!t-show, and the problems in Sth and Nth America.

Point taken! But if the legislative could keep the executive at bay, Thailand would be doing much, much better with a growing middle class. A single murder is not a bit better than a mass murderer; albeit the numbers differ but in terms of a sentence ................ ? 

• Like 1

On 1/27/2023 at 3:20 AM, webfact said:

AN OUTSPOKEN FORMER MP has expressed online his bewilderment at de facto Pheu Thai boss Thaksin Shinawatra’s repeatedly-proclaimed design to return home without being almost immediately put behind bars.

Perhaps he is privy to some events within the Thai political structure that the rest of use are not aware of.