Google reports major changes in Thai searches

webfact

17 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Apparently you are missing misunderstanding me. I should not need to do an internet search to verify your claims of fact.

So you meant that you do internets searches.   I guess I did misunderstand your comment. 

You don't have to verify anything that I post.   You have every right to disregard any and everything that I post.   You have every right to not believe anything that I post.  I will not be offended if you don't believe any thing that I post.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, radiochaser said:

So you meant that you do internets searches.   I guess I did misunderstand your comment. 

You don't have to verify anything that I post.   You have every right to disregard any and everything that I post.   You have every right to not believe anything that I post.  I will not be offended if you don't believe any thing that I post.   

Haven't read the rules? OK then.

On 1/29/2023 at 3:40 AM, phetphet said:

I have recently had to stop using it due to constantly being asked to tick Captcha boxes with every search. I tried every remedy that I could find on the internet, without success.

In the end I changed browser search engine to DuckDuckGo.

Are you using a VPN.  I find that when my VPN is active, I have to do capta, but not if the VPN is not active. 

2 hours ago, radiochaser said:

Are you using a VPN.  I find that when my VPN is active, I have to do capta, but not if the VPN is not active. 

I do have a VPN, but I don't keep it on all the time. In fact the first thing I checked when I started getting the captchas was that it was off.

Funnily enough, after being on DuckDuckGo for several days, I just changed my browser search engine back to Google, did some searches, and so far no Captchas. Weird.

3 hours ago, phetphet said:

I do have a VPN, but I don't keep it on all the time. In fact the first thing I checked when I started getting the captchas was that it was off.

Funnily enough, after being on DuckDuckGo for several days, I just changed my browser search engine back to Google, did some searches, and so far no Captchas. Weird.

I misunderstood.  I thought the captchas were with google, the only search engine I get them with and with youtube, owned by google.   

3 hours ago, phetphet said:

One thing I have found about posting youtube comments.  Sometimes I have no problem, other times, I have to disable the VPN to post.   It's hit or miss. 

On 1/29/2023 at 6:44 AM, zzaa09 said:

More than just political bias. 

Google is a premium member of the deep establishment and dominant paradigm. 

Google is driven by your own searches and preferences and feeds you an ongoing mass based on your own use tailored to keeping you engaged as long as possible. Couple that with sponsored advertisers (based on your own use patterns or related items) and that's what you see. It has almost nothing to do with government deep state bs. The main filter in govt context is censorship of the country you're in or location showing on your IP address. 

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

I don't believe you are unaware of that rule. Mods have mentioned it many times.

OK, so you do not want to quote the rule.   I ask that you do because I can not find a rule that says it is "mandatory" to post a link!  

Edited by radiochaser

4 hours ago, radiochaser said:

OK, so you do not want to quote the rule.   I ask that you do because I can not find a rule that says it is "mandatory" to post a link! 

Can you not see the words "Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source" on the page below? Does that not mean mandatory?

https://aseannow.com/forum/158-world-news/

10 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Can you not see the words "Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source" on the page below? Does that not mean mandatory?

Since it only appears to be you that seeks 'mandatory' links, here's a couple relating to research on Google's political bias among other things. It's not conspiracy theory stuff or fake news.

https://ahrefs.com/blog/is-google-biased/

https://www.authoritas.com/blog/are-google-search-results-biased/

BTW, this here is the Thailand News forum and @radiochaser hasn't posted anything in the World News forum to which the additional need for a "valid link to an approved credible source" specifically applies.

In the 41 Forum Rules and 8 Standards of Conduct, the word 'mandatory' doesn't appear.

Edited by NanLaew

33 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Since it only appears to be you that seeks 'mandatory' links, here's a couple relating to research on Google's political bias among other things. It's not conspiracy theory stuff or fake news.

https://ahrefs.com/blog/is-google-biased/

https://www.authoritas.com/blog/are-google-search-results-biased/

BTW, this here is the Thailand News forum and @radiochaser hasn't posted anything in the World News forum to which the additional need for a "valid link to an approved credible source" specifically applies.

In the 41 Forum Rules and 8 Standards of Conduct, the word 'mandatory' doesn't appear.

On what planet does "must" not mean mandatory? Any claim of fact must be supported by a link. Is that not easy to understand? I suggest you seek the assistance of a moderator for clarification.

Why does anybody have a problem with providing links to support factual claims anyway? It it's not BS then the links are available.

Edited by ozimoron

On 1/29/2023 at 3:40 PM, phetphet said:

I have recently had to stop using it due to constantly being asked to tick Captcha boxes with every search. I tried every remedy that I could find on the internet, without success.

Turn off your VPN. Google usually asks the catchpa thingy if people are using one.

3 minutes ago, BananaStrong said:

Google OWNS every search engine out there, but it's not public information.   The CIA wants you to think certain sites are "better"!!!!!!  

Oh, you don't believe me, just google it!!!!   nobody says, just duckduckduckduck it!!

What Google owns is public information. Got some evidence?

17 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Did you look at your link?  It pulls up 1,447 responses! 

Would you please just show me where you said the "mandatory" requirement is in the rules, where you wrote that it was?

2 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

Did you look at your link?  It pulls up 1,447 responses! 

Would you please just show me where you said the "mandatory" requirement is in the rules, where you wrote that it was?

The second sentence on the page.

Edited by ozimoron