Options after 1 year marriage extension expires

1 minute ago, Jack1988 said:

A friend of mine did like that for many years, never had a problem, even when he left the country and come back

Does not mean it was legal, and does not mean those going the bribery route will get away with it forever. 80 officers already arrested for corruption over visas, might be just the start.

1 minute ago, proton said:

Does not mean it was legal, and does not mean those going the bribery route will get away with it forever. 80 officers already arrested for corruption over visas, might be just the start.

But Thailand is only corruption, lol

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

From the OP first post......

'"Could I get a temporary (tourism or other) extension (at Jomtien) after my marriage extension expires, then meanwhile put the money in my bank for 2 months before applying for the 1 year extension again?"....

Seems he implying possiblity of obtaining funds if can buy some time. 

Hence my suggestion of exit. 

Still not clear if he used his 60 day extension to visit wife on this latest entry. 

So that's also an option. 

Had a look through my passport, used the 60 days for wife and the 30 days for tourism. Just to clarify, for renewal of the extension, how long should the funds be in the bank, is it 2 months?

Just now, justsignedin said:

Had a look through my passport, used the 60 days for wife and the 30 days for tourism. Just to clarify, for renewal of the extension, how long should the funds be in the bank, is it 2 months?

Yes 2 months prior to application for the extension.

Also recommended to keep funds in bank during the under consideration period so about 3 months all up.