HONDA​ ADV350 350CC

glegolo18

I have a friend that wishes to purchase this motorcycle HONDA ADV350  350CC.

He is located in Isaan Chaiyaphum.. He is meeting obstacles all the time. Some

Honda-dealers says it is not for sale, due to lack of production, som claims that there

are some problem with this modell... And he is getting nowhere. He is willing to go everywhere

in Thailand to get this motorcycle, so it doesn´t have to be in Chaiyaphum....

May I ask you guys here, do you have any information about this modell?? Or know where to

go or contact, to may get on with this and successfully be able to buy one?????

Thank you so much for any input....

Look online on Shopee. there is a shop in Khon Kaen selling them, although at a substantial markup. The roadsync version should be 191,000 approx and he is asking 216,000 and probably getting it.

For what it is worth, i ordered one from Mitiyon in Pattaya exactly 2 months ago. Price on the order is 200k. Said would arrive in 2 months. Called me Dec 26 (1 month) so went to the shop only to find that it was NOT the model i ordered. Fortunately found out pretty soon after getting there, gave the manager a piece of my mind and told them to call when what i ordered arrives. So far no call.

So i am paying 10k over list for the joy of waiting 2+ months. Guess it depends on whether getting it now is worth an additional 15k+ to what ordering it likely costs. 

• Like 1

they are quite in demand, so expect a long wait,

and especially if you're buying cash, as most of us will be, the shop wouldn't give you the time of day due to the fact that they can milk the finance out of Thai people better, some might even put up the price over the MSRP for cash buyer even.

there are some online seller who don't mind cash and will deliver for a fee, see if the delivery fee to your area will be less than what the local dealer are charging over the MSRP

• Like 2

1 hour ago, glegolo18 said:

He is willing to go everywhere

in Thailand to get this motorcycle

And then?

Where will he (try to) service the bike? At a local dealer? Or will he go again "everywhere"?

Maybe the local dealer will accept him as a customer. But if he doesn't support that bike then that is not the best situtation.

IMHO you buy a bike including service and support. Just the bike is not good enough. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And then?

Where will he (try to) service the bike? At a local dealer? Or will he go again "everywhere"?

Maybe the local dealer will accept him as a customer. But if he doesn't support that bike then that is not the best situtation.

IMHO you buy a bike including service and support. Just the bike is not good enough. 

you can report them to Honda if they did that, they will take his bike in for service, but for things like warranty work with claims on parts... they could drag their heels as it's not 'sold by them'

I feel Yamaha is stricter on their dealer in this regard

• Like 1

They all suck as far as support. For example, i want the back box that is tied into the key and unlocks like the bike when you are close and locks when not. Mitiyon refuse to even discuss ordering it. They sell Honda but have a long way to go to being a Honda dealer IMO. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, digbeth said:

you can report them to Honda if they did that, they will take his bike in for service, but for things like warranty work with claims on parts... they could drag their heels as it's not 'sold by them'

I feel Yamaha is stricter on their dealer in this regard

I don't know about that bike, but it seems many bikes have specific problems which are not obvious. For that reason it is a good idea to have a bike which is used by many others, or at least some others, in the same area.

Having something "exotic" might be exiting, but it can also be frustrating. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And then?

Any Honda dealer can service nearly any Honda bike. They don't seem partial, as they are likely reimbursed by Honda, for warranty work. No worries with that. 

It looks like a great bike. I have the Forza 350, and love it. Wonder why the ADV 350 is so hard to find? Did they not anticipate the demand? Honda seems to be particularly vulnerable to this issue. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

On 1/27/2023 at 8:11 PM, volsfan said:

For what it is worth, i ordered one from Mitiyon in Pattaya exactly 2 months ago. Price on the order is 200k. Said would arrive in 2 months. Called me Dec 26 (1 month) so went to the shop only to find that it was NOT the model i ordered.

list price from Honda is 181.900 baht.....plus 2,100 baht registration = 184,000 "out the door" .....

23 hours ago, volsfan said:

They all suck as far as support. For example, i want the back box that is tied into the key and unlocks like the bike when you are close and locks when not. Mitiyon refuse to even discuss ordering it. They sell Honda but have a long way to go to being a Honda dealer IMO. 

I've looked into that kit, I don't think it's available in Thailand

wiring loom and such parts number are available on WeBike from Europe, works out around 30,000  baht... it'd be expensive junk if I were to order the kit only for it to be incompatible with the Thai ECU/key unit

On 1/27/2023 at 10:59 PM, spidermike007 said:

Any Honda dealer can service nearly any Honda bike. They don't seem partial, as they are likely reimbursed by Honda, for warranty work. No worries with that. 

It looks like a great bike. I have the Forza 350, and love it. Wonder why the ADV 350 is so hard to find? Did they not anticipate the demand? Honda seems to be particularly vulnerable to this issue. 

Exactly that....    They didn’t anticipate demand, people have been waiting months 6-8 months in Thailand an in many other nations. 

One poster on this forum [properperson] found one in another city, went there and made the purchase. 

I attended the motor-show last year with the intention of booking one - they’d all gone and were taking no more reservations.

I called around 10 Honda Motorcycle dealerships around Bangkok....

....one had one in stock... I went there, saw it, said I’d take it...   then the sales lady came back and said sorry, that one was already booked !!...  the staff I’d spoken to on the phone had no idea that it was booked (apologetic)....  I was told I could ‘book one’ but the wait list was long....

I’d already sold my other bike in anticipation of getting the ADV 350.... so I was without ‘wheels’.... I ended up getting something completely different.

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Exactly that....    They didn’t anticipate demand, people have been waiting months 6-8 months in Thailand an in many other nations. 

One poster on this forum [properperson] found one in another city, went there and made the purchase. 

I attended the motor-show last year with the intention of booking one - they’d all gone and were taking no more reservations.

I called around 10 Honda Motorcycle dealerships around Bangkok....

....one had one in stock... I went there, saw it, said I’d take it...   then the sales lady came back and said sorry, that one was already booked !!...  the staff I’d spoken to on the phone had no idea that it was booked (apologetic)....  I was told I could ‘book one’ but the wait list was long....

I’d already sold my other bike in anticipation of getting the ADV 350.... so I was without ‘wheels’.... I ended up getting something completely different.

Same thing happened with the PCX a few years back. Someone at Honda needs to get fired, ASAP. A company of that size should have far more skill at anticipating the demand of a new model. Especially one as interesting as the ADV350. It is a no brainer. Punish the fool! 

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Same thing happened with the PCX a few years back. Someone at Honda needs to get fired, ASAP. A company of that size should have far more skill at anticipating the demand of a new model. Especially one as interesting as the ADV350. It is a no brainer. Punish the fool! 

Do we still have the "knob of the week" award ? or did it stop when covid came ??

17 hours ago, MrJ said:

was in Pattaya Mytion south Pattaay opp. Tukcom about 6 weeks ago - there eas a ADV 350 I could take on the spot, mayve just luck? Anyway just asked for a friend because not my target...

Couple of tips Mr J ......

1)  Don't post when drunk - The spelling / Grammar police will have a field day....

2) Don't go into dealerships when drunk - you'll think you've heard things when you didn't .....

You cannot walk into any dealership in Thailand (or possibly the world) and buy an ADV 350 there and then, and drive it away immediatly ....  there has been a waiting list from the very second this model was launched ... "Tricky Dicky" Smith will confirm that ....

5 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

How do scooter manufacturers get away with it. The ADV is not 350 it is 330cc. Would a motorbike of 330cc be advertised as 350?

Mind you the old 300 was about 278cc???? 

Vespa does the same with their 300.

cars got away with it, 2.0 litre was 1997-1998cc since forever, 

and don't even start on German car numbering scheme, 200, 350, could be anything these days with them claiming turbo performance equivalent or other bs

13 minutes ago, piston broke said:

You cannot walk into any dealership in Thailand (or possibly the world) and buy an ADV 350 there and then, and drive it away immediatly ....  there has been a waiting list from the very second this model was launched ... "Tricky Dicky" Smith will confirm that ....

could be the dealer has already put up some 'mark up' to something stupid like 200,000+ with their special model already loaded with farkles and it just sits there for naïve buyer who couldn't stand to wait, you want it home today? for cash pay 80,000 extras and it's yours

11 minutes ago, digbeth said:

cars got away with it, 2.0 litre was 1997-1998cc since forever, 

2 litre class for racing has to be less than 2000cc. 1998 is 99.9% and can probably be bored to 1999.

330cc advertised as 350 is 94% "for naïve buyer" 

Ninja 300 is 296 cc which is more honest at 98.6% 

35 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

How do scooter manufacturers get away with it. The ADV is not 350 it is 330cc. Would a motorbike of 330cc be advertised as 350?

Mind you the old 300 was about 278cc???? 

Vespa does the same with their 300.

Aprilia GT200 the same 174 cc

• Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 9:14 AM, piston broke said:

Couple of tips Mr J ......

1)  Don't post when drunk - The spelling / Grammar police will have a field day....

2) Don't go into dealerships when drunk - you'll think you've heard things when you didn't .....

same dealer had one 2 weeks ago i could have bought 

On 2/3/2023 at 7:46 PM, piston broke said:

Cos they're a "game changer" apparently - Carl Fogarty has got one (for Poppa Al - Fogarty is one of the most successful World Superbike racers of all time, holding the second highest number of race wins at 59 - If the ADV 350 is good enough for him, then it's good enough for the great un-washed) ...

This prompted me to look him up and the World Superbike races.  Jonathan Rea won the World Superbike Championship in 2015,2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.  He's won 118 races to date.  He's been racing bikes since he was 10 years old. I found it rather amusing that in 2021, "Rea obtained his UK motorcycle license for solo road machines by undertaking a course in his native Northern Ireland". 

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/webimg/TUFZMTMyMTkxMjQ5.jpg?quality=65&smart&width=990

12 hours ago, piston broke said:

no posts for months - then suddenly out of retirement, backing up Mr J ....  You mates or summat  .... ?

The waiting list is 3-6 months ......

I ordered mine last week of November from Mityon and still no sign of it. Was originally told 2 months, then Monday told could be a couple more months. i ordered the Roadsync version, so that has something to do with it i think.