Pattaya operating at near full capacity

webfact

10 minutes ago, Gold Star said:

Thai logic:

More tourists = Must raise prices as there is so much demand.

Less tourists = Must raise prices to make more profit from less sales to make up the difference.

Sometimes they can be smart...

Or they just don't get it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I wonder how income compares to pre-covid levels? I still hear alot of businesses complaining things are way down. And it is likely a portion of the tourists are domestic travelers, who don't seem to spend as much.

Pattaya is close to Bangkok. Samui is still struggling, and I hear Phuket was very busy for the holidays, but alot quieter now. And Bangkok? I saw hotel prices drop by as much as half, starting Jan. 10th.

Anyone have any real info and truth, instead of the tourist business garble? 

Pre-COVID … It was on the down and probably one third of tourists … TAT at their Stats again

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Gold Star said:

Thai logic:

More tourists = Must raise prices as there is so much demand.

Less tourists = Must raise prices to make more profit from less sales to make up the difference.

Exactly.. 

So let us ignore the fiasco of requiring vaccination certificates that was introduced for 2 or so days and simply pat each other on the backs and blow kisses at the Government (for getting it wrong, causing great confusion and ultimately cancelling things and doing simply nothing!).....

By the way.... if Pattaya is full.. no point letting any more in!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

There are many bars and restaurants without anywhere near full occupancy in the main eating and drinking evening hours.

Tour groups, especially chinese ones don't spend money eating and drinking as their meals are pre paid in China, as well as their visits to attractions.

Pattaya is very busy, but as always too many bars.

I went by Wine Connection last night by Royal Gardens, I've never seen it packed outside before

• Like 2

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Pattaya is close to Bangkok. Samui is still struggling, and I hear Phuket was very busy for the holidays, but alot quieter now. And Bangkok? I saw hotel prices drop by as much as half, starting Jan. 10th.

Anyone have any real info and truth, instead of the tourist business garble? 

Can only comment on Chiang Mai earlier this week.

Loads of real tourists around, a couple asked me why so many business (of all sorts) are locked and shuttered.

Went to the bars in Loi Kroh, again half are closed, and the open ones mostly empty.

There were a couple of busy bars, but most were more girls than customers.

• Like 1

It's amazing where some people are looking for negatives on tourists In Thailand 

Here in Hua Hin Plenty of tourists  the hotel we are staying. In is full 

Plenty of good vibes here 

Will visit  the night Market for good BBQ seafood ???? 

Before we depart back to Bangkok 

Enjoying the stay here ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Can only comment on Chiang Mai earlier this week.

Loads of real tourists around, a couple asked me why so many business (of all sorts) are locked and shuttered.

Went to the bars in Loi Kroh, again half are closed, and the open ones mostly empty.

There were a couple of busy bars, but most were more girls than customers.

Your last sentence. Right up your alley. I know you're just commenting, not complaining.