Schooners now $12.00! Australia, the lucky country!

On 2/7/2024 at 12:26 PM, still kicking said:

Thats why you can't compare 

But you can compare the difference in purchasing power. 

What does 1000 baht buy you in Australia?  What does the same 1000 baht buy you in Thailand? 

It's important to compare "like for like." 

That's where "The Big Mac Index" comes in.  Google it. 

Edited by KhunHeineken

On 2/7/2024 at 11:56 AM, still kicking said:

What does have to do with Price of eggs. You are comparing Australian prices with Thai prices and not everybody drinks. My Thai wife is a nurse she makes 45 $ per hour I guess that is over 1000 baht per hour. I do get about 2500 $ per months on my pension 

You edited and added more to your post. 

No argument from me the hourly wage is higher in Australia, but you have to spend a lot more of that hourly wage just to be able to earn that hourly wage, such is the higher cost of living in Australia. 

1 hour ago, KhunHeineken said:

You edited and added more to your post. 

No argument from me the hourly wage is higher in Australia, but you have to spend a lot more of that hourly wage just to be able to earn that hourly wage, such is the higher cost of living in Australia. 

Yes, I added more because I forgot to write something. Oh give it up.

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

- Schooner of new and a pack of winnie blues please mate. 

- Sure. There ya go. That’s 75 bucks thanks mate

($15 beer, $60 smokes)

1,800 baht 🤣

Edited by Nemises
  • Like 1

On 4/6/2024 at 9:43 PM, Nemises said:

- Schooner of new and a pack of winnie blues please mate. 

- Sure. There ya go. That’s 75 bucks thanks mate

($15 beer, $60 smokes)

1,800 baht 🤣

All that tax on cigarettes was supposed to go to hospitals. Basically, smokers paying for their own health care when they get sick from smoking.  Non smokers were going to benefit from this also. 

Billions of dollars in extra tobacco tax and the medical system still has record waiting times.  Where does all that tobacco tax go?  

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2024 at 3:13 AM, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Dont miss the beer or the costs - or all the other khrapp

Difficult to escape the "khrapp" when you are an Aussie passport holder.  

They have you by the short and curlies, no matter where you are, and they make you pay. 

10 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Yes and 5 litres of wine is just 11 AUD 

And fine wine it must be.   :cheesy:

Seriously, for one to work all their life to come on a forum like this and boast about $11 casks of "goon" wine says more about yourself, than members who read your posts. 

5 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

And fine wine it must be.   :cheesy:

Seriously, for one to work all their life to come on a forum like this and boast about $11 casks of "goon" wine says more about yourself, than members who read your posts. 

I rather drink that wine than pay 60 AUD for a carton of pish 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, still kicking said:

I rather drink that wine than pay 60 AUD for a carton of pish 

No mention of the higher cost of living in Australia.  If you are trying to "take the pish" you are doing a lousy job.  :smile:

Give us some price comparisons from Coles / Woolies for "like for like" products.   

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

No mention of the higher cost of living in Australia.  If you are trying to "take the pish" you are doing a lousy job.  :smile:

Give us some price comparisons from Coles / Woolies for "like for like" products.   

Firs of all I shop at Aldie's my rent is 240AUD per week never increased in 7 years. I don't live in the rip-off states in the east my rent includes water my electricity is just about 90 per fortnight  AUD but have not pay it since Covid. I live in the west my pension is 1230 AUD per fortnight. So what is your question?

Edited by still kicking
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Firs of all I shop at Aldie's my rent is 240AUD per week never increased in 7 years. I don't live in the rip-off states in the east my rent includes water my electricity is just about 90 per fortnight  AUD but have not pay it since Covid. I live in the west my pension is 1230 AUD per fortnight. So what is your question?

You've told us all this before. 

I / We live in Thailand.  I live in Thailand by choice, not for affordability, but mainly for the climate and lifestyle.  I live in Pattaya.  Yes, it has its critics, but there are so many choices for hospitality and activities here it's amazing, then, there is the nightlife. 

You live in an average size rural town / city on the west coast, shop at Aldi, and your biggest claim to fame is $11 cask wine.  It's laughable.  :cheesy:

Just now, KhunHeineken said:

You've told us all this before. 

I / We live in Thailand.  I live in Thailand by choice, not for affordability, but mainly for the climate and lifestyle.  I live in Pattaya.  Yes, it has its critics, but there are so many choices for hospitality and activities here it's amazing, then, there is the nightlife. 

You live in an average size rural town / city on the west coast, shop at Aldi, and your biggest claim to fame is $11 cask wine.  It's laughable.  :cheesy:

I live in the most populated town in WA I guess 2.5 million it is the capital city 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, still kicking said:

I live in the most populated town in WA I guess 2.5 million it is the capital city 

Here's a link to BWS.  I can see 4l of wine for $10.

Post a link of this fine wine that is $11 for 5l. 

5 hours ago, KhunHeineken said:

Harping over someones choice of booze, new low in the hunt for 'flame and glory'🙏too funnyKH!! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Seems to me KH is seriously out of order.

Its not all The kun is short of, but order of businesswas never a concern, the main game for him is fearmongering amongst us boomers, cheers olmate.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, KhunHeineken said:

BWS is expansive I buy at Dan Murphy's 

12 hours ago, Olmate said:

Its not all The kun is short of, but order of businesswas never a concern, the main game for him is fearmongering amongst us boomers, cheers olmate.

No fear mongering or scare mongering.  The proposed changes are there for all to see, an both political parties are running with them. 

Go on the record and tell us all what "toss" you have on the proposed changes. 

3 hours ago, still kicking said:

BWS is expansive I buy at Dan Murphy's 

Ok, so post a link, for 5  liter cask of wine for $11.  Just interested to see it.  After all, you are the one that posted about it. 

13 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

Ok, so post a link, for 5  liter cask of wine for $11.  Just interested to see it.  After all, you are the one that posted about it. 

I posted the price from Aldie's is 9.95 for 4litres and 14.45 for 5 litres at Dan Murphy 

42 minutes ago, still kicking said:

I posted the price from Aldie's is 9.95 for 4litres and 14.45 for 5 litres at Dan Murphy 

So, it's not 5 liters for $11.  Isn't that what you originally posted? 

4 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Another Ausie hater 

Rubbish.

These were your own words:

"Yes and 5 litres of wine is just 11 AUD"

it's in your own post. 

Recant, or post a link.  You are full of it.