Taiwanese actress hits back at RTP - Thailand's great but your "unclean" police are NOT - tells them to "stop talking trash"

webfact

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

So the police say.... or rather a Grab driver said after being pressed by the police to say so....just presenting to you what else has been reported and put into print. The police have also admitted to lying.... and extorting. 

Nah jacko not lying or extorting....just a misunderstand on the BIB part........:cheesy:

9 hours ago, Lorry said:

I posted a better translation and explained it (what she wrote contains a play on words in Chinese) but it was deleted by mod.

I remember reading that post before it disappeared and was pleasantly surprised to see your knowledge of the Chinese language.

Your deleted post was a reply to my posting in clear text the Chinese text in the the screenshot of Charlene's Instagram post where she mentioned Interpol, and I recognise now that this post of mine got deleted and therefore must have led to the deletion also of your post.

With the many contradictory and/or erroneous posts referencing news articles about who said or wrote what, it is rather difficult to hunt down the original source without analysing some Chinese text in some cases and your correct translation helped me to understand the situation correctly.

I found also your explanation of the two Chinese characters translated as "Black Police" very interesting: a play of words by substituting one character with another to give it the meaning "Mafia"

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

You went to the roulette table and had a choice between red and black, you chose red and you won. Please don't try and make out that there was talent or skill in that choice!

Its called an educated guess?????I'm not talking about the roulette of course, that's pure chance?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

I might have been perfectly happy with that were it not for your use of the word educated.

My point being, everyone knows the track record of the RTP? Corruption etc.The track record of the young lady at the time was an unknown?

I would and did give the benefit of the doubt to the young lady!????

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

My point being, everyone knows the track record of the RTP? Corruption etc.The track record of the young lady at the time was an unknown?

I would and did give the benefit of the doubt to the young lady!????

You know the track record of the rtp, in your mind, I don't have that constraint.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

You know the track record of the rtp, in your mind, I don't have that constraint.

You are a bad loser,  admit it.

I tended to think the same as you and still can't quite believe what happened. 

You said in an earlier post you never experienced a shake-down. Neither did I. Police were always very correct, sometimes quite helpful. I was once frisked at Ekkamai bus station, they found nothing and that was it - that was the only time I felt uncomfortable with them.

But I do know from friends that these things happen. 

I have no idea what I do different from other people.  I rarely drive a car. I am never drunk. I look boring. I follow the law more often than not.

But I have taken taxis on Sukhumvit or Ratchadaphisek at night countless times. 

Am I just lucky?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Artisi said:

The only skill required was to treat everything reported, posted here and anywhere else as suspicious, however - understanding the track record of the BIB it wasn't all that hard to pick the winner. 

Incredible, amazing, solves crimes by reading social forum posts. You missed your true calling.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The Nation reported that she ‘will raise the issue with the International Criminal Police Organisation (Interpol)’ as stated on her instagram page....  (I didn’t see her instagram page).

I didn’t read anywhere that she ‘has spoken to interpol’...   I think that may be another mistranslation or some elaboration that one or another media or social media ran with.

So there is some clear misinformation here... but some people have called her a liar because of this, they may well have fallen foul of believing poor reporting.  

"The Nation reported that she ‘will raise the issue with the International Criminal Police Organisation (Interpol)’"

She can't, and she didn't, because Interpol does not deal with the public directly and it is not a law enforcement agency.

"...some people have called her a liar because of this, they may well have fallen foul of believing poor reporting".  

Maybe, but those same people may  have reacted to accurate reporting also.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

Incredible, amazing, solves crimes by reading social forum posts. You missed your true calling.

Put it down to 20 + years in LOS and first hand knowledge of

behind the facade, plus not everyone gets their information from social media fora. 

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Always good to see some follow-up...

Khaosod English 
44 minutes ago
  · 
BREAKING: Four Hua Kwang station police officers involved in extorting a Taiwanese actress Charlene An near Chinese Embassy in January were sentenced by the criminal court on Wednesday to 5 years in prison. Two officers were found not guilty, however. #Thailand #CharleneAn

• Thumbs Up 1