Taiwanese actress hits back at RTP - Thailand's great but your "unclean" police are NOT - tells them to "stop talking trash"

webfact

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:
21 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Those who are demanding that the police evidence should be made available to the public right now, in the  middle of the investigation and just before they interview the woman in Taiwan are not being reasonable with those demands.   If it turns out that the police do not have that evidence, the public will soon know as there is now so much publicity surrounding it.

Expand  

Erm....   it seems that evidence has just been made public. 

What evidence are you referring to that has been made public, and where?   Do you mean evidence that backs the police version?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

More:

The Metropolitan Police Bureau (MPB) said in a statement issued today (Monday) that they are investigating an allegation that a group of Huai Khwang police extorted 27,000 baht from a Taiwanese actress, found in possession of an electronic cigarette, during a stop at a road checkpoint.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/bangkok-police-offer-public-apology-but-do-not-admit-to-extortion-of-taiwanese-actress/

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Would you report an extortion attempt made by the Thai Police to the Thai Police ?????

As obtuse as you often can be... I think even you can understand why someone would take this to the media rather than directly to the establishment against which an accusation of corruption is being levied.... 

I’ll refer to my eggy comment in the post above !!! 

We know the outcome of any investigation in advance "we have investigated ourselves and found no wrongdoing".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I just ignore the people I want to ignore....    they don’t need to go on an ignore list or anything...  

If I don’t want to get ‘trigged by someones post’ I can just ignore it. 

It may say something for my maturity levels but I find it quite amusing to verbally spar with people I disagree with...   Mods don’t like it sometimes though. 

I also find it highly amusing when some guys state... ‘Right thats it, you are on my ignore list’... as if thats some how a ‘win’ and they’ve snuck in the last word in etc.....      I never understood that response.

If someone wants to ignore another person, just do that...  why even bother telling them about it ?

like being sent to the naughty corner at kindergarten.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

You are correct, but the cops have the evidence, the CCTV footage?

The girl doesn't have anything.

maybe she did have but it was forcibly removed from the camera's of other persons involved.

As soon as the CCTV footage is shown, which I hope it never is, some eagle eyed posters will notice a flicker at xx.yy and shout gleefully, ah ha, I told you so, they doctored the video footage....the crooked bar stewards. Big sigh.

Edited by nigelforbes
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

As soon as the CCTV footage is shown, which I hope it never is, some eagle eyed posters will notice a flicker at xx.yy and shout gleefully, ah ha, I told you so, they doctored the video footage....the crooked bar stewards. Big sigh.

you don't need a flicker, the forensic experts can see a doctored video from miles away.

2 minutes ago, Artisi said:

you don't need a flicker, the forensic experts can see a doctored video from miles away.

The skills and powers of AN posters never cease to amaze, all the incredible things they can do from the safety and comfort of their Burnley bedsit Bangkok boudoir, solve crimes, judge court cases, spot doctored CCTV, remarkable. 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

That is exactly what happened, that was the sequence of events..

Unless you were there and an actual eyewitness, you have no idea if it is the truth from either side or not.

If you were there at the time of the incident, have you come forward as a material witness?

If you were not there and did not see what happened, then your post is meaningless.

It may be your opinion, but unless you are in possession of all the facts and are the judge in this case, your words mean nothing.

Still at this point it is still she said/the RTP said.

The lady has posted her version on the social media and people can either believe or not. According to some posters it has changed or not.

The RTP claim that they have a cctv of the incident which contradicts the lady's story but will not release it. Their story has changed a few times also.

The only eyewitnesses were the other people in the taxi who do not appear to have commented, and the taxi driver whose story was given by the police.

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So we have to accept the word of the alleged drunk, obstreperous woman and disregard everything the police claim?  Doing that isn't one-sided and biased?

Who claimed that she was allegedly drunk and obstreperous.

Please don't tell me that it was the RTP.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Artisi said:

maybe she did have but it was forcibly removed from the camera's of other persons involved.

She did say that a member of the group started filming but was told to stop by the RTP and delete the footage?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

She won't be back and has nothing to lose. No worry about black lists, laughable libel/slander laws.

Truth to power.

27k that's extortion, high crimes and far more than the national median monthly income. What a gouge. Venal.

She definitely won't be back, but now it seems the RTP are saying they did extort the 27,000 baht. The investigation is still ongoing but if it is proved the RTP are guilty she should sue them for defamation?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Unless you were there and an actual eyewitness, you have no idea if it is the truth from either side or not.

If you were there at the time of the incident, have you come forward as a material witness?

If you were not there and did not see what happened, then your post is meaningless.

It may be your opinion, but unless you are in possession of all the facts and are the judge in this case, your words mean nothing.

Still at this point it is still she said/the RTP said.

The lady has posted her version on the social media and people can either believe or not. According to some posters it has changed or not.

The RTP claim that they have a cctv of the incident which contradicts the lady's story but will not release it. Their story has changed a few times also.

The only eyewitnesses were the other people in the taxi who do not appear to have commented, and the taxi driver whose story was given by the police.

Oh dear Bill, you really didn't understand, did you!

The poster asked and I confirmed the sequence of events regarding how the story came out, where it was posted/published first second etc, not what the sequence of events was during the incident/police stop. Take a big breath and read more slowly.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What evidence are you referring to that has been made public, and where?   Do you mean evidence that backs the police version?

Read about it in the Bangkok Post today.

The police have now publicly admitted that they did shakedown the Taiwanese lady, that the police helmet cam recordings were erased and that the Huai Khwang police chief was sent to an inactive post.

You may not accept that, or believe that, but it was from the MPB police themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, nigelforbes said:

Oh dear Bill, you really didn't understand, did you!

The poster asked and I confirmed the sequence of events regarding how the story came out, where it was posted/published first second etc, not what the sequence of events was during the incident/police stop. Take a big breath and read more slowly.

I did understand completely which I think was far more than you did.

Go to the Bangkok Post website and s l o w l y read what the Thai police have said about it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

I did understand completely which I think was far more than you did.

Go to the Bangkok Post website and s l o w l y read what the Thai police have said about it.

Nope, you're still not there. The poster asked the sequence of events, eg did the lady first post her story on Facebook and did the local media in Taiwan pick up the story from there, I reaffirmed that's what happened. Are you there yet?

• Haha 1

So sad that Thailand is so corrupt that even the police think they can behave like this.   I have been following this story since leaving Thailand.   This story makes my blood boil. This am upon learning that the actresses story is true is to go protest near my capital with hopes to bring awareness to this issue.  Also to request that the USA charge Thai tourists 10x to enter our national parks to reveal that policy in Thailand.  Perhaps if lots of people around the World protest and bring these issues to more light things could begin to change.  Perhaps World attention could cause Thai people to think a little more before they vote. If it wasn't -15c here today I would actually consider doing this with my Thai wife. 

Edited by Elkski
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, billd766 said:
5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Read about it in the Bangkok Post today.

The police have now publicly admitted that they did shakedown the Taiwanese lady, that the police helmet cam recordings were erased and that the Huai Khwang police chief was sent to an inactive post.

You may not accept that, or believe that, but it was from the MPB police themselves.

Yes, I know.  That was made public just a few hours ago and, of course, I accept it on face value.  All I was asking for was fair consideration being given to both sides at a time (pre that announcement) when neither party had produced any evidence. 

• Haha 1