Taiwanese actress hits back at RTP - Thailand's great but your "unclean" police are NOT - tells them to "stop talking trash"

webfact

14 minutes ago, Artisi said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I didn't accuse her of being drunk, her Grab driver and the police did, I just commented on that.   Get your facts right.

I've got my facts extremely right, you said outright she was drunk and being difficult, you didn't reference anyone else in your comment. This was sometime back and I can't be bothered scrolling back to find it, however if I come across it, I'll post it for you. 

Yes, I did post that...I also posted, when asked, where the information came from.  Get your facts right.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

remember that lie that she had spoken to Interpol about her complaint! 

I remember a news article which stated she had said she had spoken to interpol. 

I have not seen any of her social media posts where she stated exactly that....  In this topic there has been a lot of interpretation and elaboration of what she has written on her social medial pages. 

... She could very well have posted something along the lines of ‘She has spoken with police from overseas’....   translated as ‘she has spoken with international police’.....   then some media site takes this comment and writes ‘the actress states she spoke with interpol’.... 

Now... I’m not sure if this actually happened, but the example above highlights how easily it is for the context and information to become distorted.... Yet some people are quoting those statements as fact.

Of course, its also entirely possible that Interpol Thailand caller her up and spoke with her... 

There has been no clarification on this point whatsoever - I wouldn’t be so quick to accuse her of stating an outright lie in this point - not just yet anyway. 

When it comes to her specific statements the waters have become extremely muddied.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

.. She could very well have posted something along the lines of ‘She has spoken with police from overseas’....   translated as ‘she has spoken with international police’.....   then some media site takes this comment and writes ‘the actress states she spoke with interpol’.... 

Hahahahahahaaaa...!!!    She said "Interpol".   

What are "international police", anyway?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:
12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You are being deliberately obtuse...  

Your favourite expression!   Is that your opinion or an accusation!?

You were slow to understand, either deliberately so in a flawed attempt to point score with your 'what are international police?’ comment.... or because you failed to understand the point I was making about how  information and statements can become distorted though translation. 

So...  Part fact, part opinion....  The fact is you were obtuse, the opinion part is I gave you the benefit of doubt and suspected you were being deliberately slow to understand rather than being stupid. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:
19 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Where did she ‘say’ (or state) interpol ???   (on her twitter or Facebook page etc)..

I seem to recall it being reported as being on Instagram, I don't know, I don't have Instagram.

The Nation reported that she ‘will raise the issue with the International Criminal Police Organisation (Interpol)’ as stated on her instagram page....  (I didn’t see her instagram page).

I didn’t read anywhere that she ‘has spoken to interpol’...   I think that may be another mistranslation or some elaboration that one or another media or social media ran with.

So there is some clear misinformation here... but some people have called her a liar because of this, they may well have fallen foul of believing poor reporting.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

There was a news article dated 31 January mentioning that An Yu-Qing (Charlene) wrote on her Instagram account on Friday that she intended to raise the issue with the International Criminal Police Organisation (Interpol)

https://www.google.com/search?q=(charlene+Or+actress)+interpol&oq=(charlene+Or+actress)+interpol&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160.17999j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

If anyone finds any post by Charlene on any of her social media accounts stating that she followed through with that, please post it here.

P.S. I see that while I was composing this post, richard_smith237 already posted the same

Edited by Puccini
added postscript
  • Thumbs Up 2

This seems to be the Instagram page of Charlene:

instagram.com/charlene_an517/?hl=en

I have never mastered the science of navigating these social media thingies and should be grateful if  someone familiar with Instagram could find the post Charlene made on 27 January mentioning Interpol.

59 minutes ago, Puccini said:

There was a news article dated 31 January mentioning that An Yu-Qing (Charlene) wrote on her Instagram account on Friday that she intended to raise the issue with the International Criminal Police Organisation (Interpol)

https://www.google.com/search?q=(charlene+Or+actress)+interpol&oq=(charlene+Or+actress)+interpol&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160.17999j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

If anyone finds any post by Charlene on any of her social media accounts stating that she followed through with that, please post it here.

P.S. I see that while I was composing this post, richard_smith237 already posted the same

This is her IG.

I cut and posted the relevant passage. It is the line of Chinese on top, I have attached two pictures,  but they look like one.

It says "I'll tell everyone/you all after I have spoken with Interpol/after I am finished speaking with Interpol."

It doesn't say that she has already spoken with Interpol.

She does say "Interpol" ( there was a poster who doubted it)

Screenshot_20230131-161358_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20230131-161247_Brave.jpg

Here the line again:

Edited by Lorry

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I have not seen any of her social media posts where she stated exactly that....  In this topic there has been a lot of interpretation and elaboration of what she has written on her social medial pages. 

... She could very well have posted something along the lines of ‘She has spoken with police from overseas’....   translated as ‘she has spoken with international police’.....   then some media site takes this comment and writes ‘the actress states she spoke with interpol’.... 

Now... I’m not sure if this actually happened, but the example above highlights how easily it is for the context and information to become distorted.... Yet some people are quoting those statements as fact.

Of course, its also entirely possible that Interpol Thailand caller her up and spoke with her... 

There has been no clarification on this point whatsoever - I wouldn’t be so quick to accuse her of stating an outright lie in this point - not just yet anyway. 

When it comes to her specific statements the waters have become extremely muddied.

Indeed, and actually who cares about her, not that she's particularly famous. Try googling her name on YouTube and you'll get nothing. 

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Indeed, and actually who cares about her, not that she's particularly famous. Try googling her name on YouTube and you'll get nothing. 

You probably search in Thai.

Anyway, RTP cares.

Edited by Lorry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lorry said:

This is her IG.

I cut and posted the relevant passage. It is the line of Chinese on top, I have attached two pictures,  but they look like one.

It says "I'll tell everyone/you all after I have spoken with Interpol/after I am finished speaking with Interpol."

Here the line again:

Thank you, Lorry. That was quick.

Google Lens translation:

RcaxWE2_JH_GQpVVBPtyW51X7R9IGl5-b4tL8s2lJgGhqwcYMIJifoz2einA87dP6nyGTl6jDYpWlnbcgugN8ms20MDImr0SVSAW2xuG-1mD5xFuLZiZdAMzISuzazqjThTW1pW7XkOBYH4rhbDlk-APa5FOfrmELZgVpfvhB04pxiM3xImS-E8Mc2lgF_UCyRbH8_9YxcVUyJc2SROL-Voa2luBeX4AyT1PIVO3qH_kBCOEr6sE5Tw_-g4YgTs0Xmt_xxVG__hZNsej57O8BF3pFzDoRHFe8THyjIsRFuX3X-QnlIRL4ndHC5LFPqU3ZMAoI21cGaMMQe6Mw-VRFw19xiREXPH-NWSFRScV-ktQywuQDpvvamsZqcNeJvscxQ_uEisghkm-wJrNdKgqy0ulhIgYi30q0rqwLWMyaHoUDbm60y6ie9do0pbMa-68pmLthF5IjWUba0H4QytA_0MMeXvvs7x-y3YMD-YDIFWKiHLFmTrcR2DO3YAo2qFfo_Y0O1Homdq2-xDCkj3iCDlJaqSJys8xhVkERpAXERX9nZtNSLM11iUx3F8OAgW_km0iN5lAvKqmKVaLnL_HGRLAgFdQBnRhFCt9guQ05mlvjoyq5hyQA4SsiGZ5rs4USSy5sI5qBIBCkOpIgMUoCVOPaGLQ2JstkmvDL-9nVEW6oSbhRREoGJSC9LQVb6MEy-kgvAZWsBPHgZk7vLBGxLwMYDVJ_5W6kV5DPVNpOTAwygPTVwy-mrfyzmyovoIUj9dqyucLq2mfuY4FrPyoMGbPsZMZXRGHa4-iA7QMbVz3u70Nv9RazuhIJFe1zv1E3Dab4I9eUqxhgOUDkHb89IZBM1QS-h6Lj0NlxG_bzTogLTDG3Aw6mAEArHW21jNn8bUv3U-l-H2Y_MKvwUoKW4dsTfK4AMwDsZY2egJBLcgaeAT8wA=w419-h884-no?authuser=0

Not a good translation, it seem. "Police want to use me to launder my crimes" can't be what she wrote in Chinese.

1 hour ago, Lorry said:

This is her IG.

Here the line again:

Maybe like the majority of farangs here on AN , she doesn't understand the function of Interpol- some of the garbage posted about Interpol here is unbelievable. 

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Its irrelevant if she was famous, or not?

What she has done is show the RTP for what it really is?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dan O said:

She wasnt drunk according to news reports. The police coerced the taxi drive to say that to cover the extortion

I red pataya news in which was said she was heavily drunk, stated by taxidriver AND witnesses(?). Thats all. That was a that time the story.

But police went with pants down and admitted the extortion, i red this evening.

It seems 7 officers couldnt make up a fitting story to maintain the story.

So story goes left , right , all is possible.

Maybe officers did it in command of some high ranked officers? All is possible.

We may read in next edition, some generals were involved.

Hi Ho silver, the yellow brick road is long and curvy

6 hours ago, Puccini said:

Thank you, Lorry. That was quick.

Google Lens translation:

RcaxWE2_JH_GQpVVBPtyW51X7R9IGl5-b4tL8s2lJgGhqwcYMIJifoz2einA87dP6nyGTl6jDYpWlnbcgugN8ms20MDImr0SVSAW2xuG-1mD5xFuLZiZdAMzISuzazqjThTW1pW7XkOBYH4rhbDlk-APa5FOfrmELZgVpfvhB04pxiM3xImS-E8Mc2lgF_UCyRbH8_9YxcVUyJc2SROL-Voa2luBeX4AyT1PIVO3qH_kBCOEr6sE5Tw_-g4YgTs0Xmt_xxVG__hZNsej57O8BF3pFzDoRHFe8THyjIsRFuX3X-QnlIRL4ndHC5LFPqU3ZMAoI21cGaMMQe6Mw-VRFw19xiREXPH-NWSFRScV-ktQywuQDpvvamsZqcNeJvscxQ_uEisghkm-wJrNdKgqy0ulhIgYi30q0rqwLWMyaHoUDbm60y6ie9do0pbMa-68pmLthF5IjWUba0H4QytA_0MMeXvvs7x-y3YMD-YDIFWKiHLFmTrcR2DO3YAo2qFfo_Y0O1Homdq2-xDCkj3iCDlJaqSJys8xhVkERpAXERX9nZtNSLM11iUx3F8OAgW_km0iN5lAvKqmKVaLnL_HGRLAgFdQBnRhFCt9guQ05mlvjoyq5hyQA4SsiGZ5rs4USSy5sI5qBIBCkOpIgMUoCVOPaGLQ2JstkmvDL-9nVEW6oSbhRREoGJSC9LQVb6MEy-kgvAZWsBPHgZk7vLBGxLwMYDVJ_5W6kV5DPVNpOTAwygPTVwy-mrfyzmyovoIUj9dqyucLq2mfuY4FrPyoMGbPsZMZXRGHa4-iA7QMbVz3u70Nv9RazuhIJFe1zv1E3Dab4I9eUqxhgOUDkHb89IZBM1QS-h6Lj0NlxG_bzTogLTDG3Aw6mAEArHW21jNn8bUv3U-l-H2Y_MKvwUoKW4dsTfK4AMwDsZY2egJBLcgaeAT8wA=w419-h884-no?authuser=0

Not a good translation, it seem. "Police want to use me to launder my crimes" can't be what she wrote in Chinese.

I posted a better translation and explained it (what she wrote contains a play on words in Chinese) but it was deleted by mod.

22 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

You forgot a point She was heavily drunk !

Have you ever seen anyone like that, being rational or capable to say or do anything?

So the police say.... or rather a Grab driver said after being pressed by the police to say so....just presenting to you what else has been reported and put into print. The police have also admitted to lying.... and extorting. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Artisi said:

All the previous garbage posted, twisted and mis-represented out of all proportion has now been refuted, but you can bet there will still be mentally challenged posters posting more rubbish. 

You went to the roulette table and had a choice between red and black, you chose red and you won. Please don't try and make out that there was talent or skill in that choice!

• Haha 2