Taiwanese actress hits back at RTP - Thailand's great but your "unclean" police are NOT - tells them to "stop talking trash"

webfact

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:
3 hours ago, webfact said:

"I want to tell everyone after talking to Interpol about the unclean Thai police.

And what do you expect Interpol to do? what can they do to Thai Cops?

They'd take a statement (as mentioned above) - nothing abnormal here. 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

She said that the RTP should check CCTV,

I read a report that CCTV had been checked and she was not taken from the Taxi.

How can CCTV prove this ?....  they have a video of her in a taxi - no video of what happened after ?

Additionally, the whole group were in the Police Station along with a group of Korean Tourists.... thus, this idea that she was not removed from the taxi is utter rubbish.

How did they search her and find the ‘vape pen’ if she didn’t get out of a taxi ???

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Show the CCTV footage please ....

Yes C'mon Lets see it, I dare you RTP. :partytime2:

Agreed...  but again, it would only prove what happened at that specific moment in time. 

2 mins of footage with the group in the taxi proves nothing. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

There’s nothing suspicious about that at all. 

The Thai Police could very easily have contacted their counterparts at Thai Interpol to communicate with Interpol in Taiwan to obtain a statement from this lady - nothing abnormal here at all. 

Taiwan isn't a member of Interpol.

China is a member. Maybe she contacted Interpol online.

10 minutes ago, webfact said:

the Commander of the Thai police has ordered a full, transparent investigation

Transparent ?  :cheesy:

The publicity has got too hot now....   the findings of said ‘full, transparent investigation’... 

... a misunderstanding, a police officer will be moved to an inactive post. 

in two weeks social media will have forgotten about this issue, there will be another to tarnish the name of the BiB...  drunk policeman in a car accident or something similar... 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chickenslegs said:
9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

There’s nothing suspicious about that at all. 

The Thai Police could very easily have contacted their counterparts at Thai Interpol to communicate with Interpol in Taiwan to obtain a statement from this lady - nothing abnormal here at all. 

Taiwan isn't a member of Interpol.

China is a member. Maybe she contacted Interpol online.

Perhaps Thai Interpol contacted her then....  there is still nothing suspicious about her ‘interpol comment’ it is perfectly normal that Police would want a statement from this lady. 

28 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

How can CCTV prove this ?....  they have a video of her in a taxi - no video of what happened after ?

They allegedly have CCTV from the Chinese Embassy and two other cameras.

28 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Additionally, the whole group were in the Police Station along with a group of Korean Tourists.... thus, this idea that she was not removed from the taxi is utter rubbish.

They where never in a police station, that has been incorrectly carried on from people misreading the initial "report".

Edited by Salerno
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, chickenslegs said:

Visa on arrival and Visa exempt are two different things.

Taiwanese do not get visa exempt, they have to apply for visa on arrival.

Edit to add: Visa on arrival is normally 15 days.

Glad you know all the terms, my point remains. 

Edit to add: Visa on arrival is currently 30 days according to Google. 

Edited by marcusb
details

3 minutes ago, Salerno said:
31 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

They where never in a police station, that has been incorrectly carried on from people misreading the initial "report".

Fair enough - there is a lot of misinformation on this one... 

36 minutes ago, webfact said:

Pol. General Damrongsak Kittipraphat, the commander-in-chief of the Royal Thai Police, ordered this morning, January 28th, 2023, a full and transparent investigation that he said would be fair to all sides involved.

Will give newly appointed Commander Damrongsak a chance to proof that he is different from his predecessors and straighten out the rising police corruption cases. He was appointed in Oct and already has a laundry list of police cases from money laundering, police exam cheating and this current case among many. Let hope he has the courage and support to make a difference. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Fair enough - there is a lot of misinformation on this one... 

Indeed, also embellishing and leaving out relevant information - along with the usual issue of poor translations. IMO, she got hit with a not that uncommon shakedown for vaping, admittedly on the high side (10-15K more common) but still not unique, and decided to post her story online and it's gotten out of hand.

Edited by Salerno

There is something not being told here, by her. 

1, She is actress, this is her 15 minutes of fame , and chance to get her name more noticed. 

2, Being a "famous " person, do you really think the Thai Police would try and shake her down for money, knowing what might happen ? 

3, In all my years living in Thailand, and check points , I've never  been shaken down , and I wear a real Rolex watch, and usually have expensive camera gear with me. always paid the 300 baht for no helmet. 

I have feeling this nothing more than publicity stunt .

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

She spoke with interpol, really? That doesn't support her credibility!

Why? Anyone can talk to interpol! I would imagine a celebrity would have many friends which equates to lots of contacts. Extortion under threats is a crime and with it being done on a foreign person's outside the Chinese embassy where the fact they were Taiwanese may have some relevance and make it a far more serious crime international.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1