Taiwanese actress hits back at RTP - Thailand's great but your "unclean" police are NOT - tells them to "stop talking trash"

webfact

6 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

RTP cannot issue a red notice, only Interpol can and they would need a reason, such as her being found guilty of a crime.

Being accused of a crime is enough. No need for proof.

Many countries use interpol this way to arrest dissidents abroad. Remember Assange?

Fortunately,  the current president of interpol is an integer general from a squeaky-clean democracy, the UAE.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, realfunster said:

I am enjoying this one !

Everyone is standing their ground, it will be interesting to see what happens.

I keep an open mind. 

I am intrigued that she claims she has talked to ‘interpol’….:coffee1:

Yeah what the hell does interpol have to do with it.  I still say this is a Chinese wannabe looking to get Instagram clicks.

Notice Taiwan dips are keeping quiet 

Edited by kingstonkid

8 hours ago, realfunster said:

I am enjoying this one !

Everyone is standing their ground, it will be interesting to see what happens.

I keep an open mind. 

I am intrigued that she claims she has talked to ‘interpol’….:coffee1:

what will happen, absolutely nothing  - other than Charlene An will be blacklisted as it was a mis-understanding and she should accept that and forgive.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its irrelevant... only Immigration Police can check visa status....     

I suspect this may be why the BiB have mentioned nothing of her visa status and only concentrated on the ‘illegal vape equipment’.... which they knew nothing about until they’d already singled her out for a search. 

Immigration police are the same as the "oridinary" police - so assume they have every right to check but normally wouldn't bother as there is no point unless someone has been flagged for visa violation.

I believe that for police to set up a barricade to stop vehicles they require a signed letter from whoever is in charge of the station. Otherwise it is illegal. No mention of it being a legal stop and search. 

1 hour ago, nigelforbes said:

I wrote and asked my Brit chum in Taiwan if he'd heard this story and he wrote back to say:

"it's a holiday week here in Taiwan, everywhere, including newspapers are operating on skeleton staff, there will be a shortage of newsworthy stories". No sh *t.

https://news.tvbs.com.tw/entertainment/2026364

https://today.line.me/tw/v2/article/XYr8nmw

https://www.cna.com.tw/news/aopl/202301260151.aspx

https://tw.news.yahoo.com/女星安于晴控-遭曼谷警勒索2萬7泰銖-泰警出手立案調查-042037160.html

It was in the news. Not in the English language news,  though, and certainly not the biggest story of the day. 

If she wanted 15 minutes of fame,  she should have chosen a better time. At Chinese New Year, people don't care much about the news (remember the Tet-Offensive?). And she will never be able to visit Thailand again,  did she really think it's worth it, for 15 minutes of fame?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, happydreamer said:

This place just hasn't learned their lesson

Quite the opposite. They have learned a very valuable lesson. 

58 minutes ago, happydreamer said:

the first thing they do is extort them.

They extorted them with the quarantine during the Phuket sandbox, you forgot?

And the tourists came back,  even more than expected.

The lesson they learned: we can squeeze as much money as we want out of the tourists. "Tourists will always come back" (B. Trink)

Edited by Lorry
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Was this drastic action to rein in the police not what Prayuth and Prawit used as one of their justifications for a coup 9 years ago?

He is still working on the 100B lottery ticket scams. Give him a chance

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, marcusb said:

I politely disagree with that. 

I'll go out on a limb and say the vast majority of tourists in Thailand are on visa exempt.   Visa on arrival currently 45 days, why would regular tourists bother with a formal visa. 

My view is that if the public and tourists are required to be totally au fait with Thai laws then we should expect no less from the RTP

2 hours ago, happydreamer said:

Ya but that does nothing for the rest of us.  those who live here and / or visit regularly.  You become kinda trapped in their BS even if you try to avoid it.  When this happened to me a while back I was warned by the people who did it that if I said anything it would cause problems later

So they are also into blackmail and demanding with menace

16 minutes ago, Lorry said:

Quite the opposite. They have learned a very valuable lesson. 

They extorted them with the quarantine during the Phuket sandbox, you forgot?

And the tourists came back,  even more than expected.

The lesson they learned: we can squeeze as much money as we want out of the tourists. "Tourists will always come back" (B. Trink)

Forgot about that.  Good point.  

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm just waiting for Anutin to pipe up on this and call out ‘lying foreigners bringing Thailands reputation into disrepute’.... :whistling:

The answer to that, Anutin who actually has nothing to do with the RTP anyway, is to to show the entire RTP video publicly.

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Deleted post 

• Haha 1