Taiwanese actress hits back at RTP - Thailand's great but your "unclean" police are NOT - tells them to "stop talking trash"

webfact

18 hours ago, Billpro785 said:

3, In all my years living in Thailand, and check points , I've never  been shaken down , and I wear a real Rolex watch, and usually have expensive camera gear with me. always paid the 300 baht for no helmet. 

Lucky you, I've been shaken own 3x

All for something m/c related at a police stop even though I was 100% legit.

Obviously only for small amounts as I had a Thai DL and didn't look rich.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Lucky you, I've been shaken own 3x

All for something m/c related at a police stop even though I was 100% legit.

Obviously only for small amounts as I had a Thai DL and didn't look rich.

Details please, was one of the shake downs for not wearing a helmet by any chance?

1 minute ago, nigelforbes said:

Details please, was one of the shake downs for not wearing a helmet by any chance?

Difficult to say as I was 100% legit at all the police stops.

The one time I forced them into doing it at the police station the ticket had, 'other offense' written in Thai.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Difficult to say as I was 100% legit at all the police stops.

The one time I forced them into doing it at the police station the ticket had, 'other offense' written in Thai.

Are you saying you were stopped three times, taken to the police station, not made aware of the reason for the fine on any occasion, yet you paid it each time! I think if that was me I'd stop riding a bike, get somebody else to drive me or buy a car. I can't remember the last time I was stopped, it must be many years ago, on the Superhighway on the way to Bangkok, at a drugs checkpoint I think.

4 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I was "shaken down" for a minor infringement several years ago, ( tax sticker on car was three days out of date). The initial asking price was B1000. My daughter was with me. She looks Western but Thai is her first language. As soon as she spoke the price went to B500, then B250.

That's not a shake down, you were in violation of the law. But the daughter part was nice, bless her.

19 hours ago, Billpro785 said:

2, Being a "famous " person, do you really think the Thai Police would try and shake her down for money, knowing what might happen ? 

yeah, cos officer Somchai would know straight away she was an actress from Taiwan .

Edited by PremiumLane

The reason for these stories are their own doing.  During the math if one was a betting man you put your money? 

Like investments although no guarantee of the future example if a individual has a drug habit sent to rehab a number of time we can take a guess as to the road they will take. 

Thus RTP,  their reputation like their driving death can't be fixed within you can't have corrupt investigation their own!

No Thai in their right mind running for office would compaign to clean up once and for all once they get popular it would be like digging their own grave. 

If they ever allow a foreigner to run I declared I've already got a foot in the hole????

17 hours ago, happydreamer said:

This place just hasn't learned their lesson.  No tourism for close to 2 and a half years and the damn country nearly goes bankrupt and finally tourists come back and the first thing they do is extort them.

A leopard never changes its spots.

3 hours ago, austhai said:

Well done young lady. 

She has already lied about knowing how to use a vape. This video has already been shown in the press. So hy not lie about evrythign else? I try the Police chief as much as her though, so hopefully the RTP will also show these videos at the checkpoint. 

As poster @Thailandmentioned above, the evidence from CCTV and other sources does not seem to support her claim. And as if that's not enough, the anecdotal evidence from posters about their experiences of being shaken down by the police didn't hold water either. Such is the desperation amongst alleged victims to save face that they will invent their own versions, such is the desperation amongst posters  to prove the police are guilty that they too will reinvent and bend historic fact. This is not an attractive picture. Oh wait you say, we want to see the evidence, show us the CCTV. You have no right to demand such things, get over it, it's not your job.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

I tend to believe her story ....  why would she make up something like that ?  what motive ?

also,  she mentioned 27,000 baht ... not 10,000 or 5,000 or 30,000 ... 27k is an odd figure to request,  this to me also supports her claim.

How about you wait for this video evidence to be produced. She has already lied about the vaping...

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 8:34 AM, racket said:

The RTP is already known for being the most corrupt police in the world.

Ehm.. Joe Ferrari..

That's a harsh statement, and not quite true, in this most competitive racket. You've insulted the Philipinos, the Indians, the Cambodians, Panamanians,......the list goes on. Only the dumb and dumber RTP think they're Number 1!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, crouchpeter said:

That's a harsh statement, and not quite true, in this most competitive racket. You've insulted the Philipinos, the Indians, the Cambodians, Panamanians,......the list goes on. Only the dumb and dumber RTP think they're Number 1!

Expats who live in Thailand probably wouldn't agree that calling the entire RTP dumb  on a Thai forum, was a good or that it was even a little bit helpful!

4 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Of course, aseannow is an extremely reliable source of Thai law interpretation.  

First hand experience of members usually appear sufficient when the opposite argument is proposed! If it is not and you wish to discount it, you must also discount the previous ops story, as cute as it was.

3 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

First hand experience of members usually appear sufficient when the opposite argument is proposed! If it is not and you wish to discount it, you must also discount the previous ops story, as cute as it was.

I take very little notice of any "truth" being presented in these fora, if I need confirmation I go to the source. 

What fails here is the long list of so call investigation and transparency!  There are so many everytime these so call Generals open their mouth calls for one people actually believe it is going to happen. 

The big joke on everyone who actually think it is going to happen is asleep at the wheel as Thailand call it " micro sleep " 

The money of the women Doctor ran down at the crosswalk ask for the same need to be reminded the outcome! ????

3 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

Are you saying you were stopped three times, taken to the police station, not made aware of the reason for the fine on any occasion, yet you paid it each time! I think if that was me I'd stop riding a bike, get somebody else to drive me or buy a car. I can't remember the last time I was stopped, it must be many years ago, on the Superhighway on the way to Bangkok, at a drugs checkpoint I think.

'Are you saying' that he should stop riding a motorcycle because police were not clear about the fine they levied on him a check-point ???

Im not at all sorry to write this but if you think that paying off police anywhere in the world who are trying to extort you is no big deal you've either been dropped on your head six times too many or your brain is pickled from your 20 beers every day living in the LOS.  

This is yet another huge black eye for Thailand.  I mean come on, the place is completely corrupt.  News stores like this get around.  

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

What fails here is the long list of so call investigation and transparency!  There are so many everytime these so call Generals open their mouth calls for one people actually believe it is going to happen. 

Who ?....  on this forum and anywhere else no one believes anything is going to happen... 

... Everyone knows the only thing that does happen is a ‘move to an inactive post’ when a policeman gets caught out for nefarious activity. 

The big joke on everyone who actually think it is going to happen is asleep at the wheel as Thailand call it " micro sleep " 

Wash, rinse, repeat...  we’re about a month away from all the announcements on roads deaths and DUI issues.... loads of announcements from officials, no changes. 

The money of the women Doctor ran down at the crosswalk ask for the same need to be reminded the outcome! ????

Two weeks of outrage, a few painted pedestrian crossings... no changes. 

• Like 1