RTP spokesman says "trust us" not social media in Taiwanese actress extortion case; cops may fly to Taiwan today

webfact

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

Chief of Huai Kwang police station has been transferred to an inactive post pending an investigation into alleged extortion of a Taiwanese actress.

@TNAMCOT

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1619959062401282049

The misdeeds of his men and the shame he and his men have caused to further soil, or besmurch the RTP's stellar reputation has left its mark on his career.  Yeah who am I kidding, as I sit here in my inactive retired post.

• Haha 2

Be careful what you ask for.

What should happen if you are caught with a Vape or no ID?

Fairly sure there were other cases that went to court for the vape in public offense.

This seems reasonable. Held overnight or until bail posted, court case, fine (small and a warning), legal fees, missed flight, Visa runs out as you wait for court case so deported at your own cost.

20k sounds very cheap in comparison.

Even though the fine might be very low the threat of the above hassle is what creates the hustle opportunity, hey here's an easy, costly but less costly way out for you.

Small fixed very publicized fines with receipts would help.  

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, bbbbooboo said:

Hmmm….. just like we should all believe in the tooth fairy ?

I still believe in the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, and elves.....I mean how else did I get the money under my pillow, my super duper Red Ryder BB gun, and my Easter basket which was placed on the roof....

9 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

All of the folks here carrying the RTP's water on this incident must feel a bit ashamed.

IMO, TAT and the RTP need to issue guidelines for tourists re: stop & search procedures. Why are they stopping and searching vehicles? What should tourists do when stopped? What legal rights do yourists have? How much should tourists pay for bribes? And the police need to get out to Thai clubs and clamp down on this illegal eCig use.

And maybe issue an apology to Ms. An for defaming her in public.

You are absolutely correct, but if they did that, an apology, they would be admitting they were in the wrong?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The case has caused a firestorm of controversy in both Thailand and Taiwan. It has been reported as damaging to the RTP as well as Thai tourism, something admitted by the RTP themselves. 

Gotta love the way they frame the whole scandal here, i.e., it’s the story - not the actions of cops who were involved in the shakedown - which is damaging to the RTP’s image.

Edited by fusion58
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol Maj-Gen Jirasan Kaewsaeng-ek said that the Thai public should get their information from the Thai police not social media, reported Thai Rath.

ROFL! ????

If the Major General were a defense attorney:

“Your honor, I move that only the defendant’s testimony be admitted and that all eyewitness accounts and all accounts by interested parties be stricken from the record.”

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 1happykamper said:

The fact that the RTP will travel to Taiwan is indicative of the cops are not lying. Otherwise they would let a sleeping dog lie 

Really, that is your take on it? I would suggest that more threats, intimidation or even brown envelopes will be tried. However, due to their "We are the greatest in the universe" attitude they are about to be re-educated. I hope that she is already setting up the hidden cameras in preparation....

• Thumbs Up 1

"............the Thai public should get their information from the Thai police not social media, reported Thai Rath. Then it would be reliable."

Yes, of  course it will!:-

"Regarding the CCTV he said it was all from afar and the people and what they were doing at the checkpoint cannot be identified clearly." ......."One interesting area that the Thai media has not spoken about was previous RTP chief Pol Gen Suwat Chaengyodsuk who introduced CCTV at roadside checkpoints.The fact that on this occasion the RTP are saying that such evidence is unclear shows the ineffectiveness of this initiative."

Sorry, I missed that possibility yesterday!

"....the Grab car dash cam video from the night in question had already been deleted as it was more than 20 days old."

Pretty close on that one, though! 

I just read in the media that the National Police Chief had ordered the Bangkok Chief to transfer the responsible police station chief to an 'inactive post', and that the police are now saying the allegations made by the Taiwanese tourist may have truth.

• Like 1