Pls advise re documents for extension at CW of Non-O based on retirement

I need to do at CW by March 6 my first extension of my Non-O based on retirement. (I previously had Non-OA if that makes any difference.)

1)      I can do this anytime starting now, correct?

2)      Would someone who has done this recently confirm full list of required documents:

A). passport, original and photocopies of photo page. What about TM.6 and Non-O visa or any other pages?

B). Bank letter on morning of application, bank book and photocopies of account owner page and all pages of entries since date I got the original visa a year ago.

C). TM.7. I saw mention here that they will hand out there other forms – do I need to prepare anything to fill those?

Have I missed anything?

Pls excuse, I know this is a frequent question; I searched for recent complete answer here but could not find.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Here's what I use as my personal documents checklist for retirement extensions at BKK CW:

--Completed TM7 form printed on a single sheet front and back. Your color photo pasted on the back side, and your phone number hand written at the top of the back side.

--Financial documentation as required

-- min. 800K Thai bank deposit balance with original bankbook and signed bankbook photocopies of pages covering the past year,

OR

--65K in monthly foreign transfers into a Thai bank, OR Embassy income affidavits for those who still have or can get one.

Hand-signed portrait-orientation photocopies of the following:

(they want photocopies, they don't seem to like printed scans):

-- Passport face page

-- if you've obtained a new passport any time after your most recent actual visa, the front two pages of that where Immigration has copied over the visa and stamps info from your prior passport.

-- Most recent visa or extension stamp pages

-- Most recent arrival/entry stamp pages

-- Airport departure card front and back

-- Hand-drawn or printed map showing the location & address of your home.

(and sometimes requested, sometimes not...best to be safe):

-- Latest 90-Day Report receipt

-- Latest TM30 receipt

Money to pay the 1,900b extension of stay fee.

I should have added above, for those using the 800K baht in a Thai bank deposit as their means of financial proof, the additional item being an Immigration-specific deposit verification letter from the Thai bank holding your deposit, dated no more than 7 days prior to the date of your Immigration appoinment.

The larger Thai banks each have their own pro forma letter style for this purpose. You just tell them it's to verify your deposit for Thai Immigration, and they'll typically know what they need to provide.

I mentioned the bank letter above in a prior post, but didn't repeat it in my documents checklist post above....and I should have.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

(and sometimes requested, sometimes not...best to be safe):

-- Latest 90-Day Report receipt

-- Latest TM30 receipt

Does the 'sometimes requested' refer to the map or Tm30/90 day receipt?

They seem to have got a lot stricter at CW lately, but last 2 years I supplied a printed signed 90 day because the IO had printed mine out to sign prior to that. So far not asked for Tm30, but maybe because they can tell TM30 filed otherwise no 90 day possible/their system shows if TM30 filed and current/relevant. Particularly interested if they are asking for TM30 receipt now.

Edited by mokwit

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

TM47 now requested by CW for extensions retirement.

TM30 not required. 

They overlooked mine in my passport one year - took it as far as issue receipt but told me had to do TM47 before proceed (to sit a cross desk from senior IO).

8 hours ago, mokwit said:

Does the 'sometimes requested' refer to the map or Tm30/90 day receipt?

In my experience, I was talking about the 90 day report and TM 30 receipts as being sometimes yes, sometimes no. They usually seem to want the home map, period.

In my last visit last September, the IO handling my paperwork did NOT ask for either the 90 day report receipt or the TM30 -- even though I had both available with me.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2023 at 4:17 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Here's the most recent report I did for Sept 2022, which includes links to the prior one for 2021.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1272406-2022-trip-report-for-retirement-extension-via-thai-bank-deposit-at-bkk-cw/

Thank you for taking time for that v. helpful info. Re your Sept 22 report:

1. You said going from Laksi on Red Line to CW doesn't work. How does it compare with going from Wat Phrasi Mahathat?

2. The same IO that does the retirement extension gives you your upcoming 90-day notification upon request, correct? I will go on Feb. 15 to do a Non-O retirement extension that expires March 6. My next 90-day notification is due April 30. They will go it that far in advance? Do they give you a notification receipt counting from the day you do the extension (in my case Feb. 15) or the day your current extension expires (March 6) or the day your current 90-day expires (April 30)? Meaning the notification after that is due 90 days after that date. 

13 minutes ago, david_je said:

Thank you for taking time for that v. helpful info. Re your Sept 22 report:

1. You said going from Laksi on Red Line to CW doesn't work. How does it compare with going from Wat Phrasi Mahathat?

2. The same IO that does the retirement extension gives you your upcoming 90-day notification upon request, correct? I will go on Feb. 15 to do a Non-O retirement extension that expires March 6. My next 90-day notification is due April 30. They will go it that far in advance? Do they give you a notification receipt counting from the day you do the extension (in my case Feb. 15) or the day your current extension expires (March 6) or the day your current 90-day expires (April 30)? Meaning the notification after that is due 90 days after that date. 

90 day report has nothing to do with your extension. Apart from the face they will want to see your current receipt. 

Extensions do not reset your 90 day report.

It's only linked for your first extension.

There are some immigration offices that do the report at time of extension. 

Causes more confusion than help imo. 

For a very brief period CW were doing the 90 day report at the same time.

Think it was tied up with covid.

In any event the 90 day report desk is separate from the L extension desks. 

1 hour ago, david_je said:

2. The same IO that does the retirement extension gives you your upcoming 90-day notification upon request, correct? I will go on Feb. 15 to do a Non-O retirement extension that expires March 6. My next 90-day notification is due April 30. They will go it that far in advance?

Back when I last went in Sept 2022, the IOs handling retirement extensions were willing to accept and process a 90-day report form if you  brought a completed one with you... AND.... if you were within their timeframe for filing a 90-day report.  I can't say what's happened since then.

However, the 90-day report filing window here in BkK is generally the period only two weeks in advance of your 90-day reporting deadline. So based on the dates you laid out (going on Feb. 15, having an April 30 next 90 day reporting deadline), I think you're going to be too far ahead of time, and they're unlikely to accept your 90 day report either, either in the L section as part of doing your extension, or in the regular 90 day reporting section.

1 hour ago, david_je said:

You said going from Laksi on Red Line to CW doesn't work. How does it compare with going from Wat Phrasi Mahathat?

That comment was based on several caveats personal to me...  specifically....

At that COVID quiet time, I didn't see or find any regular meter taxis around the Red Line station at Laksi for the onward trip to Immigration. So that was a problem for me.

I might have been able to find a motorcycle taxi to take me for that trip, and others might be fine for that.  But for safety reasons, I personally don't  ride motorcycles or motocy taxis here....

Also, things are a bit busier with more activity now vs Sept 2022... So it's possible the taxi situation there at Laksi station may have changed/improved in the ensuing months.

Mahathat should be fine, but it's a bit further away and would a bit more expensive taxi trip. But there definitely are meter taxis available there.

If I were  going again now to Immigration, I might give the Red Line another shot to see if things have improved in terms of the onward trip.... Because ultimately, it would be the most convenient method... if you can get onward transport.

On 2/1/2023 at 4:17 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

your bank passbook itself has to be updated with activity on the day of your Immigration visit before you meet with the officer.

Why activity? My Bangkok Bank passbook, when stuck into the machine, will move the latest balance down one line and add today's date. And CM Imm doesn't require any activity with an updated passbook. Is this peculiar to CW? Or just for some banks other than Bangkok Bank? Seems odd, since activity will now mean your passbook balance doesn't match that of your bank letter (not that the IO couldn't figure out why).

32 minutes ago, JimGant said:

. And CM Imm doesn't require any activity with an updated passbook. Is this peculiar to CW?

It's a CW requirement which is what the thread is about.

To further confuse things some immigration officers will want to see activity on the day (small deposit/withdrawal) and some will overlook it. 

5 hours ago, JimGant said:

And CM Imm doesn't require any activity with an updated passbook. Is this peculiar to CW? Or just for some banks other than Bangkok Bank?

It's interesting how different Thai banks' systems operate differently.... Perhaps the reason I expressed the bank book update the way I did above is the following:

My 800K is in a Krungsri savings account with bankbook. When I took my bankbook out today to update it for just general purposes, the last date their system prints is the date of the last transaction and balance then --  and NOT the balance or date of TODAY.

So at least with Krungsri, the only way I know to get an update for today is to actually do a transaction today... which in my case when I'm at BKK CW, usually involves withdrawing 100b from their ATM and then re-depositing the 100b back into the account -- just so I can keep my account balance the same as my previously issued bank letter (even though Immigration supposedly won't fuss over a different balance amount, as long as all remain above the 800K requirement).

I've never kept my 800K with any other Thai bank, so I can't speak to what's required in their systems in order to accomplish a bankbook balance update as of TODAY. Though as I recall @Pib has previously reported that BKK Bank's system will do a printed "balance forward" entry without involving any actual transaction.

I don't think BKK CW cares if I withdraw and deposit any money from my account and have that reflected in my bankbook. But I believe what they do want is to see my bankbook show an update with the account's current balance as of the day you're appearing at Immigration.

Seems odd, since activity will now mean your passbook balance doesn't match that of your bank letter (not that the IO couldn't figure out why).

As noted above, I avoid that wrinkle by doing a 100b w/d followed by a matching 100b deposit, thus keeping the ending account balance unchanged from prior. But, apart from that, I've always understood that BKK CK doesn't mind if your bank letter balance and day-of-visit update balance are somewhat different, especially considering that the bank letter can be dated up to 7 days prior to one's Immigration visit.

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

To further confuse things some immigration officers will want to see activity on the day (small deposit/withdrawal) and some will overlook it.

Per TallGuy, if you bank with Krungsri, Imm will need to see activity to get a current balance. But if you bank with Bangkok Bank, no activity needed. For readers trying to complete their checklist, what other banks like Krungsri will need "activity" to record a current balance in their passbook....

16 hours ago, JimGant said:

Per TallGuy, if you bank with Krungsri, Imm will need to see activity to get a current balance. But if you bank with Bangkok Bank, no activity needed. For readers trying to complete their checklist, what other banks like Krungsri will need "activity" to record a current balance in their passbook....

FWIW, yesterday,  I also did a routine bankbook update of my Bangkok Bank savings account at one of their bankbook  update machines... but had no transaction activity for the day in the account.

The same as  Krungsri, the last line entry the BKK Bank machine put on my book was the balance and date of the last prior transaction in the account some days prior, and nothing relating to yesterday.

The difference, though, is that I believe the BKK Bank tellers/reps on their machines can print a current day balance forward entry in your bankbook upon request. But I don't believe the accountholder can trigger that themselves just using the bankbook update machines.

17 hours ago, JimGant said:

It's not just about bank book update.

At CW some immigration officers want to see activity by way of deposit or withdrawal on day of application.

Edited by DrJack54

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The difference, though, is that I believe the BKK Bank tellers/reps on their machines can print a current day balance forward entry in your bankbook upon request. But I don't believe the accountholder can trigger that themselves just using the bankbook update machines.

Ah, maybe that's it, as I stop by the bank in the morning of my Imm visit, to pick up bank reports and then have clerk update passbook, as she can then photocopy that update, as required by Imm (and precluding me from having to stand in line at the photocopy machine at Imm). Obviously, then, Imm shouldn't need any activity, if today's recorded balance doesn't need such activity. (Not to say that some IO's don't confuse their training with reality.)