Sir Tom Jones' hit, Delilah, has been banned !

Social Media

11 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

what about Maurice Chevalier...

Thank heavens, for little girls... 

or 

beautiful girls, walk a little slower when you walk by me... 

or any of those jailhouse songs... 

Don't forget The Stones. Paint it Black . ' I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes , I have to turn my head until my darkness goes.'  Brilliant song.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Don't forget The Stones. Paint it Black . ' I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes , I have to turn my head until my darkness goes.'  Brilliant song.

Yes superb song and all these lyrics were written, maybe 40 or 50 years ago? It seems anything that offends anyone now, is fair game?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Not seeing a connection - a person grieving the death of a loved one v a person killing a loved one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

Wait until all the feminists go after his other song, "Sexbomb."

I wish all the woke brigade would just go back to sleep.

Ironically for the feminists I rather gather that most of his fans are female!

I'm no particular follower of Tom Jones, although he carries a tune well, sings with energy and doesn't take himself or his music too seriously. Completely harmless.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, n00dle said:

I think your question is at best foolish at worst disingenuous.  

History, Art and Fiction are full of stories where both men AND women get killed. 

What else would you have us censor? 

The hasn't been censored, just a choir isn't going to sing the song half time at a sporting event .

You can still play the song and listen to the song and sing along to murdering a woman, it hasn't been censored 

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Its about a song that promotes violence against woman or at least justifies it.  

I don't think it really justifies violence towards women.  The protagonist acknowledges that they will break down the door to get him; he concedes what he's done is wrong. It is characteristic of many English folk ballads and murder ballads in general. Maxwell of Maxwell's Silver Hammer murders two women on a whim.

8 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Do you think that songs about killing females are acceptable to be sung by Choirs and sports fans ?

Stabbing to death his girlfriend is OK to sing about ? 

Using that metric, should we also ban all movies, operas, theatre, pantomime, etc., also?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, huangnon said:

Using that metric, should we also ban all movies, operas, theatre, pantomime, etc., also?

Well yes, I don't think Operas or films  should be played during half time at a Rugby match  , half time is 15 minutes and films last for 90 minutes , so there just wouldn't be the time 

7 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The good old days of murdering your girlfriend and stabbing her to death  because she found someone else are behind us .

That may have been enjoyable for previous generations , but thats frowned upon these days  

Okay then, let's burn all kind of crime stories and dramas, and smash all such pieces of art and music, just because they are not to our taste... 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Okay then, let's burn all kind of crime stories and dramas, and smash all such pieces of art and music, just because they are not to our taste... 

Its a song about killing a person that they wont be singing at half time in a rugby match , nothing is being burnt or smashed to pieces .

Here , sing along all day long if you want 

1 hour ago, transam said:

Looks like "Bohemian Rhapsody" maybe in for a tough time soon....:neus:

I shot the sheriff?

It is just the rugby federation in Whales who have banned the song! 

Thats it! 

Choirs have been told they can no longer sing the Tom Jones hit ‘Delilah’ while performing during Wales rugby international matchdays at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/tom-jones-hit-delilah-banned-by-welsh-rugby-over-one-lyric/news-story/1f66bd9f5c6bb19d87ccfd695a01d084

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I shot the sheriff?

It is just the rugby federation in Whales who have banned the song! 

Thats it! 

Choirs have been told they can no longer sing the Tom Jones hit ‘Delilah’ while performing during Wales rugby international matchdays at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/tom-jones-hit-delilah-banned-by-welsh-rugby-over-one-lyric/news-story/1f66bd9f5c6bb19d87ccfd695a01d084

A song that has been around 55 years.......:cowboy: 

How long has "Onward Christian Soldiers" been around, .....????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

A song that has been around 55 years.......:cowboy: 

How long has "Onward Christian Soldiers" been around, .....????

It all comes down to reputation and purpose of use. Rugby fans or hooligans is not know  for their sober violence culture?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hummin said:

It all comes down to reputation and purpose of use. Rugby fans or hooligans is not know  for their sober violence culture?

Rugby fans being equated  with hooligans - OMG.  It would appear that you've never attended a game.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eleftheros said:

Quite right. Get rid of this awful song and instead play tasteful rap lyrics from the likes of 50 Cent and Esham.

"I used to love her, too bad I had to put a slug through her/Dumped her body in the trash like I never knew her/Blood runnin down the gutter into the sewer ..."

After all, 'Delilah' has only been around without problems for over 50 years.

if society thinks this is art, maybe the collapse of society is near. 

it's sick music. 

maybe you need to see a shrink if you enjoy this type of music.