Sir Tom Jones' hit, Delilah, has been banned !

Social Media

A Principality Stadium spokesperson said: “Delilah will not feature on the playlist for choirs for rugby internationals at Principality Stadium.

I don't know if I am more surprised that there is a choir or an official playlist for that choir. Amazing! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mania said:

Ah the woke crew on steroids again ????

If you say so violence against woman is on the rise we don't need songs to make it even worse. And guess what its not just muslims its a lot of white guys too. Now i liked this song but never really thought about it. Violence against woman should be curbed at whatever cost.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Can't say I'm a fan of the song, but banning it is ridiculous.

They'll be banning "Sweaty Betty" by The Macc Lads next... ????

No Sheep till Buxton, another classic.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, robblok said:

If you say so violence against woman is on the rise we don't need songs to make it even worse. And guess what its not just muslims its a lot of white guys too. Now i liked this song but never really thought about it. Violence against woman should be curbed at whatever cost.

Actually, i recall that. I mean this is the same thing as movies and computer games. Has not shown to make people more violent. There are always idiots who do so. But its scaring how many woman get killed by BF's even in my country.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, robblok said:

Really no need to bring race and Religion into the equation 

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Really no need to bring race and Religion into the equation 

I brought it up because some people believe its not white guys doing it just immigrants and unfornuately that is not true. A Dutch Celebrity took his gf and put her head between the car door and closed it (forcefully). 

Then you got a group of guys that think woman are property and you can hit them if they cheat (not in my book)

I just dont know what would change these opinions, but songs, games and vids would not make normal people do it. 

However in Thailand they say all the violence in Lakorn is making people act that way. I wonder how true it is because after I watch a movie or play a game i never get murder needs.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

I brought it up because some people believe its not white guys doing it just immigrants and unfornuately that is not true. A Dutch Celebrity took his gf and put her head between the car door and closed it (forcefully). 

Do give it a rest about "White guys and immigrants "

This thread is about a song not being sung and its nothing to do with White guys or immigrants 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Do give it a rest about "White guys and immigrants "

This thread is about a song not being sung and its nothing to do with White guys or immigrants 

Its about a song that promotes violence against woman or at least justifies it.  

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Macbeth will probably be banned soon too...

Macbeth killed a king.  Though race is not referenced the presumption is the king is a white man.  The play will be declared safe for consumption.

Othello was a black man betrayed by his (again, presumably white) servant.  Uh-oh.

Romeo & Juliet?  It's just a matter of time.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Rubbish. It is a ballad, a song which tells a story. It neither promotes nor justifies violence

Against women! One might as well argue that the lyric "as they come to break down to he door" promotes needless vandalism against houses!

While you may be correct, it is still a fact that it is a song which contains violent themes and imagery against women including stalking, actual bodily harm and perhaps murder.

In the UK the police are using such songs and lyrics prevalent in "drill music" to either claim breach of parole conditions or arrest performers, as well as requesting that social media delete this material

Met monitoring song lyrics of rap artist it tried to censor on Instagram | Police | The Guardian

whatever your views on whether such inciteful lyrics and songs should be allowed or not, the law should be administered even-handedly and if you are going to target rap artists you should also be targeting Sir Tom Jones for Delilah, Foster the People for Pumped up Kicks etc.

5 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Macbeth portrays witches in an unfavorable light.

I know you mean this sarcastically, but in certain places, like Berkeley, California (in the San Francisco area) I would not be at all surprised to hear of a serious effort regarding this. 

3 minutes ago, SatEng said:

While you may be correct, it is still a fact that it is a song which contains violent themes and imagery against women including stalking, actual bodily harm and perhaps murder.

In the UK the police are using such songs and lyrics prevalent in "drill music" to either claim breach of parole conditions or arrest performers, as well as requesting that social media delete this material

Met monitoring song lyrics of rap artist it tried to censor on Instagram | Police | The Guardian

whatever your views on whether such inciteful lyrics and songs should be allowed or not, the law should be administered even-handedly and if you are going to target rap artists you should also be targeting Sir Tom Jones for Delilah, Foster the People for Pumped up Kicks etc.

If the law ( in the shape of the Metropolitan Police) is targeting rap songs on social media as grounds for denying bail or cancelling parole then it is an ass. Just as much of an ass as trying to prevent Tom Jones's "Delilah" on the grounds that it promotes or celebrates violence against women. Utter ass!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

Quite right. Get rid of this awful song and instead play tasteful rap lyrics from the likes of 50 Cent and Esham.

"I used to love her, too bad I had to put a slug through her/Dumped her body in the trash like I never knew her/Blood runnin down the gutter into the sewer ..."

After all, 'Delilah' has only been around without problems for over 50 years.

Hey, get a copyright on this!  You'll may never have money worries again.

But be sure to use the word "b*tch" several times.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Rubbish. It is a ballad, a song which tells a story. It neither promotes nor justifies violence

Against women! One might as well argue that the lyric "as they come to break down to he door" promotes needless vandalism against houses!

Many will disagree, it does portrait violence against woman. And in the past these things were accepted. You still see it here on this forum of people defending unfaithful spouses getting hit or worse. 

Im not sure where i stand, I do believe that muziek influences culture and culture influences murders. But at the other hand not everyone who listens to something like this is an idiot and thinks its ok.

Like so many things its perfectly ok for some people while dangerous for others who think its normal. 

I never got into a murderous rage after killing some Germans in VR but some people have linked computer games to violence too.

• Like 1