Medconsult

jayboy

Can anyone recommend Medconsult, the clinic run by a British but Thai qualified doctor? I'm inclined to try it as an alternative to the hassles of visiting hospitals - at least for minor ailments.It would be good to have a British style GP to consult.I notice they also do vaccinations which is very useful.The reason I ask is that I've had slightly mixed reports, not so much about the quality of treatment but more about disorganized and slightly scatty management.Any views?

We went there during the Covid days to get a certificate to fly home.  Very efficient. Paid the money, along with the receipt we got a negative result (before the test). Got a nasal swab about two minutes later and got the "official" negative result within one minute.  Was out the door in five minutes.  They obviously made a lot of money creating negative Covid tests in a rapid, efficient manner.  Very suspicious.

Would I go there for any real medical things - NO WAY.

They had a couple of satellite locations during Covid times, but were impossible to find and calling their office was useless  No answer.  How hard is it to pin a location on Goggle Maps?

• Thanks 1

One more data point from very early Covid days - we needed a Fit to Fly certificate back then to get into Thailand (which should be from a doctor from your home country based on an examination).  They were more than happy to produce the document, sight unseen.  But they bungled the process creating last minute stress before our departure.

• Thanks 1

I've seen Donna for a couple of things. She's great. Bare in mind that the clinic can get very busy so there are staff and patients lined up everywhere.

If you go I would suggest you book an appointment online, and be prepared for a delay just in case one happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agree with everything Sheryl and others above have said. What I like the most about Dr. Donna is that she will talk to you about your problem and discuss openly various treatments. She will let you make an informed decision. Try that with a Thai doctor and they give you a quiet stare.

• Thanks 1

Can voice similar opinions. They were fantastic with the covid days of fit to fly, testings and so on. However, just keep in mind they also do not honor appointments as all major hospitals do not. So do not go in for a 2 p.m. expecting to be in to meet the doc at 2 p.m. However, I really like the fact that Dr. Donna will give you her true opinion and then send you your way to make your decision on what you can do. What is out of her reach, she will have some recommendations of where to go.