Koh Tao deaths and the mystery around them

1 hour ago, frank83628 said:

all stirred up by you & su Buchanan....!
Ben Harringtons own brother has said it was an accident as he knew ben had been drinking. 
you have an unhealthy obsession with `Tao.... a place you've never been to!

Su Buchanan and I cannot stir up anything unless there happens to be something to stir up, can we?

Mick Lock brought the story of his friend, Ian Jacobs to me about 5 years ago. As it transpired, Su Buchanan had actually seen Ian’s body in situ within the section of prefabricated concrete pipe. 

I was not there when Ian Jacobs died but as dear frank knows, I have in fact visited Koh Tao on a snorkelling ???? holiday. However, frank exhibits an obsession with posting statements he knows to be false, like several others who lurk about this forum! 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Interesting, pity no mention of any motive why he would be killed

Both Su Buchanan and Mick Lock have some additional details that were not included in the DEATH ON THE BEACH documentary. I do not know whether those details were edited out or whether the two of them withheld the details within their personal knowledge. In any event, it is preferable for them to publicly divulge what they know when they are ready. However, they are both convinced with good reason that Ian Jacobs was murdered and did not fall into a non-existent well and drown. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spectator2020 said:

Su Buchanan and I cannot stir up anything unless there happens to be something to stir up, can we?

Mick Lock brought the story of his friend, Ian Jacobs to me about 5 years ago. As it transpired, Su Buchanan had actually seen Ian’s body in situ within the section of prefabricated concrete pipe. 

I was not there when Ian Jacobs died but as dear frank knows, I have in fact visited Koh Tao on a snorkelling ???? holiday. However, frank exhibits an obsession with posting statements he knows to be false, like several others who lurk about this forum! 

yeah, exactly.. a 'snorkelling trip' to KT, and yet you talk about the Island as though you are long term resident with inside info when in fact you have zero personal knowledge.
i find it funny that Su never mentioned anything about Ian Jacobs in all the years she being attacking Tao... then all of a sudden she saw his body in a cement pipe... of all the people it could have been ..... how convenient!

Edited by frank83628

yeah, exactly.. a 'snorkelling trip' to KT, and yet you talk about the Island as though you are long term resident with inside info when in fact you have zero personal knowledge.
i find it funny that Su never mentioned anything about Ian Jacobs in all the years she being attacking Tao... then all of a sudden she saw his body in a cement pipe... of all the people it could have been ..... how convenient!

Frank knows that I never claimed to have been a long term resident of Koh Tao but that I made it clear years ago that I visited the island.

Su stated quite openly that she saw Ian Jacobs’ body when Mick Lock came forward about 5 years ago. It’s no secret nor a new revelation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spectator2020 said:

Frank knows that I never claimed to have been a long term resident of Koh Tao but that I made it clear years ago that I visited the island.

Su stated quite openly that she saw Ian Jacobs’ body when Mick Lock came forward about 5 years ago. It’s no secret nor a new revelation. 

like a i said... how convenient that Su Buchanan, the one that started spreading the BS stories about Tao via the Samui Times also just happened to be the one that saw Ians body, the same person that claims the deaths on Tao are all suspicious..what are the odds!!

why write like you're talking to an audience....ahh, i see, too much Perry Mason again, you think you're addressing a jury.... don't forget, your yellow pages ad says 'real estate lawyer'...
from my experience snorkelling is usually done in the water... so you came on to Tao for lunch or queuing for the boat away at best.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Spectator2020 said:

Here’s an article from the Norwegian newspaper VERDENS GANG

Ah yes. An old article from 2002 resurrected by the famous Ian Yarwood so that he can keep his name in the press.

Replying to
Norwegian newspaper article first published on 25/3/2002 and updated on 25/2/2003.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Ah yes. An old article from 2002 resurrected by the famous Ian Yarwood so that he can keep his name in the press.

It’s the type of story trolls like to sweep under the carpet and the type of story that many English language news services overlook. Suspicious deaths have occurred on Koh Tao for decades and continue to the present time. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2023 at 7:23 PM, Spectator2020 said:

It’s the type of story trolls like to sweep under the carpet and the type of story that many English language news services overlook. Suspicious deaths have occurred on Koh Tao for decades and continue to the present time. 

say's the man who hasn't even been to Tao.....

is everyone that knows facts over your BS a troll?

Edited by frank83628
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 3/27/2023 at 2:35 PM, kwilco said:

She didn't start them - the rumours/stories/events have a much longer history than her.

Whatever you may think of her reporting etc. you can't avoid th fact that the police behaviour after the couple's murder would have cancelled out any chance of a trial in any "democratic" country.

it's lying not reporting, i've been around Tao for 20+ years and i've never hears such BS until she started piping up! 
i'd agree the case was handled poorly, in part due to the media frenzy that was out of control. The police should have and issued official timed statements to the press instead of trying to counter gossip and social media posts. 
i watched the whole thing, it was mental how gossip & rumour was being reported as fact by media channels desperate for the 'breaking news'
and how Ian Yarwood interjected himself into all this i don't know..... he claims to seek the truth but when given facts  & information by people that actually live on Tao he deletes & blocks them....as does Su on her page...it's as if they don't want the truth to be heard....!
 she's no angel herself, known affectionately by some on Tao as '4x2 su', after whacking a boyfriend round the head with a lump of wood, engaged to a dude that held up a family mart in samui, linked to a fake cancer charity.... 'people in glass houses' springs to mind!!

Edited by frank83628
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Some people will defend anything rotten, even that cesspit of nepotism, police incompetence and a family member getting away with at least some of the deaths. How anyone could go to death Island and support the place is a disgrace IMO.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps not police "protection", but police ignoring it because it's some hi so.

I don't think it's much of a mystery as to why the cops don't solve the case.

Just remember the Red Bull case.

serial killer..haha,

the case was solved...whether you choose to believe it is up to you....remember practically all your information came from 2 people in this thread

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

serial killer..haha,

the case was solved...whether you choose to believe it is up to you....remember practically all your information came from 2 people in this thread

Solved? it's not April the first until Saturday

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

How many people died suspicious circumstances on KT? I think now about ten or more. The thing that boils my brain is that all cases put to rest. Nothing untoward save for the British couple rape, heads bashed by "three Burmese" migrants.

Obviously, serial killer/s

25 minutes ago, Menken said:

How many people died suspicious circumstances on KT? I think now about ten or more. The thing that boils my brain is that all cases put to rest. Nothing untoward save for the British couple rape, heads bashed by "three Burmese" migrants.

I think the number of suspicious deaths and murders can be measured in the dozens. The mainstream media normally only focus on the tip of the proverbial iceberg. 

7 minutes ago, Spectator2020 said:

I think the number of suspicious deaths and murders can be measured in the dozens. The mainstream media normally only focus on the tip of the proverbial iceberg. 

nothing you say has any relevance. you have zero personal experience with Tao!

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Menken said:

the main accused must have started a 4 yrs old then...or was it handed down through the generations...or more likely you're......

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Spectator2020 said:

Here’s a tweet from a US journalist, Conor Powell about a podcast that kicks off today called DEATH ISLAND. I understand that it is to be a 12 part series about the mysterious deaths on Koh Tao. There is a link to an 80 second trailer:

i can see a movie coming. Frank can play the mayor character

Screenshot_2023-03-29-14-04-25-250_com.android.chrome~2.jpg

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Haha 1

the main accused must have started a 4 yrs old then...or was it handed down through the generations...or more likely you're......

This shows a basic misunderstanding of the situation on  manyThai islands. THe island is likely dominated by a "family of influence". The murder rate by population actually is higher than Glasgow.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, kwilco said:

The murder rate by population actually is higher than Glasgow.

I assume you just "forgot" to provide a link to prove that statement!

Why pick "Glasgow" and not say "Bangkok" or "Phuket" or another Thai location as being comparable and appropriate?

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, kwilco said:

This shows a basic misunderstanding of the situation on  manyThai islands. THe island is likely dominated by a "family of influence". The murder rate by population actually is higher than Glasgow.

The murder rate isn't the issue .

The issue is that the authorities do nothing to catch the murderers and maybe even collude with them 

• Thumbs Up 1