Koh Tao deaths and the mystery around them

19 hours ago, frank83628 said:

you can move the goalposts how ever you want, it doesnt change the fact that these 'suspicious death' claims are total BS. but if you are that gullible thats your fault. your comment highlights this.

Oh dear Frank, no one is moving any goal posts.  You tried to conflate visitors with population which is obvious nonsense.  Then when called out on it you go straight for ad hominem. 

For what it's worth, unlike you, I don't have a strong opinion on the matter, but I do agree with those that suggest the number of deaths in terms of the actual population of the island (as opposed to visitors who are by their nature transient) suggest something fishy may be afoot and a decent investigation should be done.

I further noted you have been doing what you are doing now for years, which is absolutely true.  

So a fail all round for you here I'm afraid.  Enjoy the cool sea breezes.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, save the frogs said:

AskChatGPT

Question: Why are there so many unresolved murders on Koh Tao island in Thailand

ChatGPT:

There have been several high-profile murders on Koh Tao island in Thailand that remain unresolved. The reasons for the lack of resolution could be due to a number of factors, including corruption, incompetence, lack of sufficient forensic evidence, and inadequate police training and resources. The island's reputation as a tourist destination may also be a contributing factor, as local officials may be hesitant to pursue investigations that could result in negative publicity for the area.

Compare that result with google, wiki searches and a few others!

Same answers!

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Compare that result with google, wiki searches and a few others!

Same answers!

anyone can edit a wiki page just as anyone can write a story about Tao, whether they're true is a different matter.
if you choose to believe these stories then more fool you. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

anyone can edit a wiki page just as anyone can write a story about Tao, whether they're true is a different matter.
if you choose to believe these stories then more fool you. 

Not quite true . 

Wiki has people who fact check the wiki pages and untrue things that are written are deleted .

You seem to be claiming that all the stories of suspicions deaths on Kao Tao are untrue , we all know that that is because you have a busyness interest in KT and you need tourists to visit the island to keep your business running 

• 3 months later...

Fair enough but it was a double murder plus a rape. Science and DNA analysis have also moved on I just thought it was just another angle on this murder its not a Thai bashing thread as I see it I believe now these 2 were guilty from the beginning yet we thought it was down to a local however there still is a lot of Deaths concerning tourists or Dive ops on a small island like Koh tao. 

On 2/5/2023 at 7:57 PM, Saphan said:

Small island with over a dozen suss deaths.

Who says that they're "suss"?   There aren't any that the police say are unexplained.

Just because most AN posters don't want to believe anything Thai authorities say, regardless of whether it is accurate or not, doesn't make the cases "suss". 

• Love It 1