Car driving license 12 years?

Kenny202

Not sure if I am having a brain melt here or not but just checked my drivers license and says commenced 2015 and expires 2027? I remember the first one was for one year and always thought the second one you got was 5 years? How did I get a 12 year driving license or is that the norm?

My DL says   "Issue Date 5/2009" and "Expiry Date 1/2027".

But obviously I have renewed it several times during that timeframe. If you're prone to brain melts, maybe you had already renewed it in 2022 but can't recall?

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Mine says issued 2012 and expiry 2024 so next year and that is correct.

i renewed mine 5 years ago just after my birthday, so it would be valid for almost 6 years. 

Yes, in fact in my own case the DL was issued in 2009 (being for my first 5 yr licence) as the 1 yr licence was issued in 2008. Since then I have done 3 renewals straight after my birthday (i.e., renewed for 6 years not 5), which adds up to 18 years between the issue date and current expiry date.

Similarly, the Op got his first 5 yr licence in 2015 (issue date), and with the current expiry date of 2027, he may have gotten a renewal in 2021 (6 yrs), plus another 6 yrs bringing him to the current 2027 expiry date.

• Like 1