Russian tourist gets her precious earrings back: "I didn't make a mistake coming to Thailand"

webfact

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Such total nonsense.  Do  you know her, then?  You're clearly stating that you're responsible for all the actions of your country, also, so which country is that?

So that's your response? My country is absolutely none of your business, I am quite sure of that or that it is to the point. I am also quite sure my country is not currently invading another on a daily basis and causing war crimes. Over the course of 22 years, as Russian President Vladimir Putin consolidated an absolutist regime and launched military interventions in former Soviet territories, ordinary citizens overwhelmingly supported his leadership. That makes all Russians responsible for the current war in Ukraine.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:
9 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Such total nonsense.  Do  you know her, then?  You're clearly stating that you're responsible for all the actions of your country, also, so which country is that?

So that's your response? My country is absolutely none of your business, I am quite sure of that or that it is to the point. I am also quite sure my country is not currently invading another on a daily basis and causing war crimes. Over the course of 22 years, as Russian President Vladimir Putin consolidated an absolutist regime and launched military interventions in former Soviet territories, ordinary citizens overwhelmingly supported his leadership. That makes all Russians responsible for the current war in Ukraine.

Wrong on every level. 

IF you are holding all Russians accountable for the actions of their government then its only fair for everyone else to hold you accountable for the actions of your government....  

Of course, that would be an extremely myopic and wholly unintelligent viewpoint overloaded with bigoted judgement, excessive negative bias and wholly absent in common sense.

So... what country are you from ???.... You are scared to answer because we can use your idiotic logic against you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:
On 2/9/2023 at 9:20 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

So that's your response? My country is absolutely none of your business

Yes, that was my response and it still is. 

You're right, of course, that, on the face of it, your nationality is none of my business but, when you are fatuously accusing another country's nationals of being responsible for any of their government's actions, it becomes a not unreasonable question in a discussion in order to establish which actions made by your government you have also to be held responsible for by your own logic.    Judging by your defensive response, I'm guessing that your own government isn't exactly squeaky clean and for you to disclose which one it is would f'ck up your "Russian" theory.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

Russians know what is happening in Ukraine, many likely deplore their country’s actions in Ukraine. They may not wish to force millions of Ukrainians to flee their homes, communities and country. Yet they made these crimes possible. They had their chance to stop it during the two decades that Putin has consolidated absolute power, they are all responsible.

• Thanks 1