Russian tourist gets her precious earrings back: "I didn't make a mistake coming to Thailand"

webfact

47 minutes ago, bangon04 said:

a - why is it a "story" that people in Thailand sometimes do their job? Is it "Amazing" that the maid found the earrings, that the hotel put them to one side for a few days, or that the RTP was somehow instrumental in connecting the dots in this complicated and dangerous case?

b- why does the Thai press make a big story about the "rare occasions" that "Thais can be praised"?? 

c - why does the RTP feel the need to send a Lt-Colonel for a PR photoshoot to show the system works?

You have asked the questions, I think, rhetorically, but the answer is, favourable publicity, that may attempt to help redress the balance of the Taiwanese woman who said she would never set foot in Thailand again after her negative experience.

My point now would be that those who I believe were right in lambasting the RTP for that Taiwanese star affair should not now be cynical about a reverse situation when there was a happy ending (no, not that sort) arising from honesty and goodwill, that most of us would approve of!

1 hour ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Yep. The cringe is here. And why has the laughing emoticon gone now? The sad went ages ago because of hurty feelings and now the laughing emoticon in case it’s laughing at and not with….boo hoo ????.  No matter how many propaganda pieces on the police they shove out, all you have to do is ask a Thai person about their own police….same same mafia.

... yep, correct, this show got turned into a faquin' kindergarten alright, hurty feelings hahaha, ha ...

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, still kicking said:
10 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

...and the restart of the lame, unwarranted Thai-bashing posts is well on it's way.

And the restart of the typical Thai apologist again 

Show me one example of my being a "Thai apologist" as opposed to advocating fairness and lack of bias.

4 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:
11 hours ago, Henryford said:

But Thailand made a mistake choosing a Russian as a tourist.

How?

Expand  

Spoiler alert:

They are murdering and plundering their neighbors country.

Spoiler alert...this Russian isn't and she is not responsible for her countries action so why should she be the subject of anyone's disparagement?

1 minute ago, still kicking said:
8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Show me one example of my being a "Thai apologist" as opposed to advocating fairness and lack of bias.

Take your pick 

I was pretty sure that you wouldn't be able to and I was right.  if it is so little of a challenge, why don't you pick one?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

4 minutes ago, still kicking said:
11 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I was pretty sure that you wouldn't be able to and I was right.  if it is so little of a challenge, why don't you pick one?

No need to waste my time Just check your posts 

I don't need to, I am not the one accusing me of being a Thai apologist.  Why don't you check my posts if you're so confident of your assertion?    If you're so concerned about "wasting your time" why did you start the "apologist" interaction with me with something that you cannot back up?

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I don't need to, I am not the one accusing me of being a Thai apologist.  Why don't you check my posts if you're so confident of your assertion?    If you're so concerned about "wasting your time" why did you start the "apologist" interaction with me with something that you cannot back up?

No point to argue with you 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, still kicking said:
5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

No point to argue with you 

You're right based on the "argument" you've got!

14 hours ago, dallen52 said:

They are having a laugh. 

Next it will be 

Motorist actually stopped for a Pedestrian crossing...

Bring back the corruption stories...

I find that hard to believe. A Thai motorist actually stopping for a pedestrian?

4 hours ago, bbbbooboo said:

I find that hard to believe. A Thai motorist actually stopping for a pedestrian?

Almost tail ended by a truck yesterday. 

Nurse part way across outside the hospital so yes i stopped.

Almost finished up in the hospital. 

9 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Spoiler alert...this Russian isn't and she is not responsible for her countries action

Know her personally? Every Russian is responsible for the actions of their country. That's why it's their country.

Such total nonsense.  Do  you know her, then?  You're clearly stating that you're responsible for all the actions of your country, also, so which country is that?

9 hours ago, proton said:
21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Thai-bashing machine is in full force also...yet again, for no rational reason.

Reason might be something to do with 110 of the corrupt buggers just being arrested for corruption

The other approximately 229,890 officers (99.95%) haven't been so what's so rational about bashing the police in general?

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Such total nonsense.  Do  you know her, then?  You're clearly stating that you're responsible for all the actions of your country, also, so which country is that?

All Russian people must be held accountable, innocent or not!

putin ain’t shootin!

it’s the Russian people that are committing the atrocities!

most are for the war!

guns don’t kill people, Russians kill people!

it’s their choice to pull the trigger, it’s in their blood to kill!

• Thumbs Up 2

39 minutes ago, Northstar1 said:

All Russian people must be held accountable, innocent or not!

putin ain’t shootin!

it’s the Russian people that are committing the atrocities!

most are for the war!

guns don’t kill people, Russians kill people!

it’s their choice to pull the trigger, it’s in their blood to kill!

Ok, which country are you from, then?  Let's see what actions you are responsible for using your own logic.