in search for wood worker

DiegoSan

Dear people,,

I will come right to the point; I am living in Samroiyod (45 km under Hua Hin)and looking for a worker (chang) who can work on wooden roof.

Not any Chang, but somebody who knows his material, where to get it and how to work with it.

My roof is leaking and although I know how to fix it. I cannot find the material that I am used to and I am not flexible in a way that I feel this is something that I need to do.  

Now alle Thai will be quickly to say that they can do it, but in practice, few of them can and if they can even than even fewer can work skillfully.

I had an address in Chaam on the Pethkasem, but they went out of business.

Thanks for your input

Diego

20210922_121659.jpg

• Like 1

Too many useless Wannabees in Thailand.

My first criteria for any worker is;  Does he have all the tools he needs to do the job?  

If so a good chance he might be able to do the job properly, as he might have done something similar before.

If he starts off by trying to borrow your tools, or asking you to buy tools for the job, Beware!!

Ask about locally for any recommendations.

My experience is that any worker who is any good will be appreciate locally and therefore busy and in demand.

if he says he can start tomorrow, do not bother, if next month, better.

If he is busy now, try to see the job he is working on.

3 hours ago, Robin said:

Too many useless Wannabees in Thailand.

My first criteria for any worker is;  Does he have all the tools he needs to do the job?  

If so a good chance he might be able to do the job properly, as he might have done something similar before.

If he starts off by trying to borrow your tools, or asking you to buy tools for the job, Beware!!

Ask about locally for any recommendations.

My experience is that any worker who is any good will be appreciate locally and therefore busy and in demand.

if he says he can start tomorrow, do not bother, if next month, better.

If he is busy now, try to see the job he is working on.

Indeed Robin, exactly my idea of good criteria. well summarized.

1 hour ago, snowgard said:

Thanks for the links Snowgard, I was already looking online. I will have a look at these links as well 

• Like 1

Like AgMech Cowboy commented.  That is a nice house.  I imagine it might be nice to sit out on the decks, or underneath it on the cooler days when it is raining.   Or even sitting out there any time of the year.   

Is your leak up there on the top right in the picture, where it looks like you are missing two shingles?

On 2/9/2023 at 6:08 AM, radiochaser said:

Like AgMech Cowboy commented.  That is a nice house.  I imagine it might be nice to sit out on the decks, or underneath it on the cooler days when it is raining.   Or even sitting out there any time of the year.   

Is your leak up there on the top right in the picture, where it looks like you are missing two shingles?

No the leak is on the other side in a flat surface above the stairs

5 hours ago, DiegoSan said:

No the leak is on the other side in a flat surface above the stairs

no flat surface visible, you mean on the other side of the house not shown in the photo?  There is a part of the roof that is really flat?  What is the surface on the flat part, wood, concrete, aluminum ???

Well not completely flat but a bit slant, like 5 degrees. It is above the stairs. See picture in top left corner, But eventually I repaired myself again. I had two guys wanting to do it. The took out the silicone, so I kicked them out (=asked them nicely to come back another time, because I had personal business.)  and did it myself That is how it goes in Thailand.1993567609_BanDiegoSan.jpg.6b322f72eed101848707657153490787.jpg20230212_162647.thumb.jpg.0d5649b879fd54d373ccf67eb290382c.jpg