God is neither male nor female': Church of England is considering gender-neutral terms

Social Media

The Church of England is considering whether to stop referring to God as "he" after questions concerning the use of gender-neutral terms were raised by priests.

The topic, which has been discussed by those who follow the Christian faith for many years, is being explored by two commissions in a new joint project.

The project has been launched in response to a question asked by Rev Joanna Stobart, vicar of Ilminster and Whitelackington in Somerset at synod, who wished for an update on "more inclusive language" in Church of England services and to refer to God in a "non-gendered way".

48 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Perhaps Jesus will be next to get that treatment, and I can just imagine all of the statues/images/icons of the man Jesus being altered to see him wearing perhaps a skirt or something like that, or carrying a handbag – – whatever next, but then again as JVS has suggested, perhaps the bible as a whole should be cancelled. 

Edited by BritManToo
can't type a comment
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just as I suspected, GOD was non-binary:

Genesis 1:27

New International Version

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
    in the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them.

2 hours ago, jvs said:

Genesis 1:27.

Opening up a big can of worms there i would think.

While they are at it,maybe cancel the bible as a whole?

Too many offending facts in there.

Are you sure that's what Genesis 1.27 says?????????

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Perhaps Jesus will be next to get that treatment, and I can just imagine all of the statues/images/icons of the man Jesus being altered to see him wearing perhaps a skirt or something like that, or carrying a handbag – – whatever next, but then again as JVS has suggested, perhaps the bible as a whole should be cancelled. 

And the other lot's book.

• Like 2