God is neither male nor female': Church of England is considering gender-neutral terms

Social Media

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

People must be really bored if they have time to consider such things. 

As for God not being male, some people are going to be having a very awkward conversation when they are stood at the pearly gates. 

And She will cast those misogynists down into a pit of everlasting fire. Even worse, they will have to share that pit with Andrew Tate.

Just now, James105 said:

There are literally hundreds of Gods made up by man.   Which one should I dedicate my life to?  Allah? Odin?  Thor?  Zeus?  Buddha? Santa Claus? Satan (who only gets a bad rep due to propaganda)?   Or one of the hundreds of other ones?  And what if you get it wrong?  

Thank god I am an atheist is all I can say on this matter as I have better things to do with my time such as searching for the fairies at the bottom of my garden.  

Atheist have never even glimpsed the realm of the sacred yet get worked up about something they don't believe in. 

They use the word 'God' without understanding the infinite vastness behind the word. They use it with great conviction, as if they understood what they are denying, which obviously they don't. 

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Atheist have never even glimpsed the realm of the sacred yet get worked up about something they don't believe in. 

They use the word 'God' without understanding the infinite vastness behind the word. They use it with great conviction, as if they understood what they are denying, which obviously they don't. 

They are a bit sad, presumably because they believe that once they die they become nothing. Everything they were vanishes forever.

I'd say they are certainly wishing that they become nothing as non believers don't get to enter heaven, and go to the other place.

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They are a bit sad, presumably because they believe that once they die they become nothing. Everything they were vanishes forever.

I'd say they are certainly wishing that they become nothing as non believers don't get to enter heaven, and go to the other place.

Where do you think you will be going when you die?

Are you saying you deserve to go to "heaven" because of what?

52 minutes ago, James105 said:

There are literally hundreds of Gods made up by man.   Which one should I dedicate my life to?  Allah? Odin?  Thor?  Zeus?  Buddha? Santa Claus? Satan (who only gets a bad rep due to propaganda)?   Or one of the hundreds of other ones?  And what if you get it wrong?  

Thank god I am an atheist is all I can say on this matter as I have better things to do with my time such as searching for the fairies at the bottom of my garden.  

You seem very confused as what God is. Santa Claus, fairies at the bottom of the garden- has anyone ever in all of human history claimed that they created the universe?

Buddha was a man, Satan was a fallen angel.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Exactly, God can't be proven not to exist, ergo God has to be possible.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The only thing sad about this post is that there are still some gullible folks out there who believe in heaven and "the other place"!

Don't fall down any rabbit holes, however if you do, please report back on the state of play as regards Alice and the Queen.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Black Ops said:

The Church of England is considering whether to stop referring to God as "he" after questions concerning the use of gender-neutral terms were raised by priests.

I'm not religious, but it's a bit sad seeing the C of E trying to be woke. Besides, a being that can create the universe sure ain't human, ergo not a man, or a woman.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xylophone said:

The only thing sad about this post is that there are still some gullible folks out there who believe in heaven and "the other place"!

Don't fall down any rabbit holes, however if you do, please report back on the state of play as regards Alice and the Queen.

I'm not religious so I don't believe in heaven or hell. Alice and the Queen have nothing to with religion so deflection.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm not religious so I don't believe in heaven or hell. Alice and the Queen have nothing to with religion so deflection.

Strange because in your other post you said; "non believers don't get to enter heaven, and go to the other place"??? And that your faith has been restored (or words to that effect).

And for the record anyone can "nominate" someone/something as a god, and you will always get a few gullibles to believe – – you'll probably go and read Alice in Wonderland again just to make sure you are on the right track!

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You seem very confused as what God is. Santa Claus, fairies at the bottom of the garden- has anyone ever in all of human history claimed that they created the universe?

Buddha was a man, Satan was a fallen angel.

I like the bit where he writes.            " thank God I'm an atheist ". ????

Just now, xylophone said:

Strange because in your other post you said; "non believers don't get to enter heaven, and go to the other place"??? And that your faith has been restored (or words to that effect).

And for the record anyone can "nominate" someone/something as a god, and you will always get a few gullibles to believe – – you'll probably go and read Alice in Wonderland again just to make sure you are on the right track!

I was referring to religious beliefs that I don't personally uphold, but as the people that claim God doesn't exist are always referring to the religious version of God it's relevant in the context of the post.

Anyone can believe in anything they want to, like there are multiple genders or suchlike, but it doesn't make them true. Faith is beyond religion, so fake gods are irrelevant.

Go Woke!! Go Broke, or in this case they will lose more than they will gain.

God is Mighty and Omnipotent.  He loved the people of the world, which He created in "His" image (does not mean all the same genitals), so much that He impregnated a young virgin who bore and birthed His Son. He then let Him be persecuted, tempted and then hung on a cross.  

Have you never seen the 'color' of jewish people? Or observed from history books the dress that people wore at that time. His skin was most likely similar to that of the Greeks or Iraqis, which is really neither 'white', 'brown' or 'yellow'. He was originally a carpenter so He would have worked outdoors and indoors. When He got too much sun He burnt and turned mostly red.

The people of the time did not wear pants. nor did they wear dresses. The Roman soldiers wore a linen undergarment. Over this they wore a short-sleeved, knee-length woollen tunic. Romans originally believed that it was effeminate to wear trousers. However, as their empire expanded into territories with colder climates, soldiers were allowed to wear leather, skin-tight trousers.

If you don't believe in God that's is your right. I hope you'll have an experience that will change your mind before you die.

God Bless

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How do you know that's how it works? Maybe it's believers who go to hell and the atheists who go to heaven.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, xylophone said:

So "God is mighty and it omnipotent" and that's why he let around 6 million Jews, supposedly his chosen people, perish during the World War II............. 

Many gods have been worshipped throughout time, and some even supposedly created the world and man, and look where that got us.

As a French theologian said, "God is a man-made construct, because man wanted to believe there was a higher being/something out there who created him and the world", or words to that effect.

However it is your prerogative to believe in fairy stories if it gives you some comfort.

As Stephen Fry said......"bone cancer in children....seriously?"

What kind of God does that?

• Like 2

From what I can see is that  anew "religion" is entering the world.

If you want to give it a label then call it "Wokeism" or anything else that takes your fancy.

It is attempting to take over a minor sub sect of one particular religion (Christianity).

It really doesn't matter much as there are literally hundreds of "gods" and religions across the world, from Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Christian, Druidism,  Norse, Greek, Hindu with its variations etc.

Many have stolen or misused parts of other religions to add to their own.

IMHO it is simply a spat and those who believe the earlier version will either win or move to another branch where they feel more comfortable.