ATM withdrawal charge

sitta

AFAIK there is no bank anymore with free withdrawals. The fee is 220 at most banks. AEON charges 150 but limits withdrawal to 20k.

Do the math.

The usual hint: try to withdraw as much as possible with a single take.

Many modern ATMs allow 30k some also 50k.

(seen for SCB, Krungsri and Kasikorn)

But as I don't use cards since ages I can't tell whether it works practically.

Best ATM machines are at fancy places like Central Festival.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Then you WILL have to PAY! 

Not necessarily, I have a foreign card which reimburses all ATM fees. However I rarely use it these days as I can take out money with my Thai cards from my Thai accounts.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, foreverlomsak said:

The Bangkok Bank ATM's around me

Bangkok Bank is on a down slope in different ways.

But as you are in Pattaya just go to Central Festival or probably some main bank branches and you will find ATMs that spend more.
SCB at Central has this monstrous multiple purpose (self service) machine that promises to handle 200 notes. Worth a try.

10 hours ago, gearbox said:

Not necessarily, I have a foreign card which reimburses all ATM fees. However I rarely use it these days as I can take out money with my Thai cards from my Thai accounts.

Still have to pay when you withdraw

1 hour ago, JoseThailand said:

I've used this service. It's called "cash advance".

In the past, most banks would refuse to process a debit card; credit cards only. Perhaps this has changed of late. I guess we’ll get a report sooner or later. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Too funny. 

Yes, you can avoid an ATM fee, if you don't use an ATM.  Rocket science, I know.

So how about the cash advance fees? Care to mention them? 

There are generally no fees, though I’ve seen one bank charge an ‘Admin Fee’ in the past. 

12 hours ago, sitta said:

So cash is the King.

Don't agree. I never use cash if possible. Sad most Pattaya bars won't accept CC. All my transactions are in CC. I get cash back, fraud protection 100% and use other people's money for one month for free. Of course taking cash from an ATM machine using CC or foreign debit card is no no for me, though I have a couple of debit cards that refund me ATM fees charged in Thailand. I only use Thailand bank ATM for cash in Thailand and Wise for money transfer to Thai bank. 

Edited by Xanthe

18 hours ago, sitta said:

Is there any Bank ATM in Pattaya that does NOT charge ATM withdrawal fee?

As for my bank will NOT  charge any fees, including international transactions

There is none. All charges ATM withdrawal fees. If one is on a tourist visa/visa exempt and does not have access to a Thai bank's ATM card, it is better to bring cash or use debit cards that refund foreign transaction fees. If frequent travelers to Thailand, it is better to open a Thai bank account (not easy though). 

Edited by Xanthe