True Vision Fiber Cable Specification

tweezer

Hi All,

We're building a new house, and plan to eventually have True Visions fiber (for TV) at a couple points in the house.  I want to pre-install the fiber cable to the TV points (as I don't want True technicians having to run cable in a finished house and tacking it to the walls the way they do... yuck).  Of course it's too difficult to get them to come and partially install now in a half finished house.

So my question is, what type of Fiber Cable is True Vision using?  Is there any specific specification/brand?  I'm assuming it is FTTx.  I found cable for sale here... FTTx2C that says it's True compatible.

If anyone has any advice or experience here, that would be great!

Cheers,

T

5 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

There is no such thing as "true visions fiber".

The fiber cable from true terminates at the modem/router, that's a single point in your house.

Then you connect the True TV box (or multiple...) to your router, either by wifi or regular RJ45 ethernet cable.

Thank you!  I didn't know that True TV boxes were just connected over the LAN and don't have their own fiber lines.  Our current house still uses True cable, and they ran ugly coax cable to each TV box, tacked to the walls.  It looks pretty terrible.

Thanks  again... that solves the issue!

I think you are confusing 2 things.

Internet and Tv.

As said above Internet via Fiber terminates at your modem and then onwards (in your home) via Ethernet cable or Wireless.

TV (via Satellite (TrueVisions)) comes in via Coax cable (from the Dish) and is then split to the outlets. In our house the splitter was on top of the ceiling and it then goes via normal coax cable (in the wall) to the outlets (3 of them we had, living room, bedroom 2 of them)

edit: I know see you are using their boxes and not satellite ???? 

Edited by MJCM

Dunno about True, but with AiS your TV subscription comes via their PlayBox which connects via LAN or WiFi.

EDIT It looks like True do the same type of thing 

https://trueidtv.trueid.net/en

If doing a new build, I'd run "data" conduits to wherever you think you will need wired data. You can decide what you put in them later.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have True fiber for TrueVisions and internet.

There is only one fiber cable, which comes from outside to the Huawei all in one router. There is no external fiber modem, only this one box, which then has LAN, Wifi and TV out.

The True set-top box is connected by the coaxial TV cable.

I would need to dismantle the whole thing to take photos, so I'm stealing them off Google: This is the back of the router - there's telephone sockets for VDSL, then 4 LAN ports, and finally coaxial TV output.

TRUE GIGATEX FIBER PRO WIFI6 รุ่น T628L Model : AX5400 Wi-Fi 6 Router  ตัวแรงของ True Gigatex Fiber. | Lazada.co.th

Fiber cable goes into a loop at the bottom:

Internet True ถูกที่สุด พร้อมโปรโมชั่น พ.ย. 2022|BigGoเช็คราคาง่ายๆ

Hence you do not need to drag any fiber around your home for True. Instead, get high quality LAN cables (CAT5E/6/7/8) for internet, and standard coaxial cables to wherever you would have TV sets/set top boxes, and you'll be covered.

Thanks all for your replies.

So, I think the consensus is that if you have True Visions via fiber from the street, you don't need fiber to each point where a TV box will be.  Just LAN or good wifi will do it.

In the current house (BKK), cable comes in from the street, is split and connects to each TV Box via coax.  When we had an issue with one box, True told us we should upgrade to fiber as they will phase out the cable in areas where the fiber is available.

The new house is certainly being hard wired with CAT6 cable to multiple points, including those where the True Visions TV Boxes will be.  So: fiber to the where True's modem/router will be, then LAN for the rest.  This should be true for this True Visions TV package: https://www.truevisions.info/platinum-hd.

Thanks all!

As mentioned above, True run one fibre to the premises which terminates at the router and then all the TV boxes are connected via coaxial cable (which is not the same as UTP Cat5e/6 etc.). RJ45 is not a cable specificaltion, it's an interface (a connector).

If I were doing a new build, I'd run structured cabling all over the place, using UTP Cat6 or better. Most data / cabling combos can be run over these cables with some kind of converter at each end.

Alternatively, as coax is relatively cheap, I'd run both UTP and coax cable throughout the building.

I'd also pre-install several floor and wall boxes in obvious places where a TV etc might sit and run conduit for HDMI, network and power, ideally with power separated, but I'm a little annual on these things.

Finally, although wireless is becoming ubiquitous for most things, I ALWAYS use cable where possible, for both security, performance and reliability. Wireless is for my phone.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

I have True fiber for TrueVisions and internet.

There is only one fiber cable, which comes from outside to the Huawei all in one router. There is no external fiber modem, only this one box, which then has LAN, Wifi and TV out.

The True set-top box is connected by the coaxial TV cable.

I would need to dismantle the whole thing to take photos, so I'm stealing them off Google: This is the back of the router - there's telephone sockets for VDSL, then 4 LAN ports, and finally coaxial TV output.

TRUE GIGATEX FIBER PRO WIFI6 รุ่น T628L Model : AX5400 Wi-Fi 6 Router  ตัวแรงของ True Gigatex Fiber. | Lazada.co.th

Fiber cable goes into a loop at the bottom:

Internet True ถูกที่สุด พร้อมโปรโมชั่น พ.ย. 2022|BigGoเช็คราคาง่ายๆ

Hence you do not need to drag any fiber around your home for True. Instead, get high quality LAN cables (CAT5E/6/7/8) for internet, and standard coaxial cables to wherever you would have TV sets/set top boxes, and you'll be covered.

Ahh... this is different than I was getting from the replies here.  I will go in and talk to True (though the people int he shops often don't seem to know what they're talking about).

2 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

As mentioned above, True run one fibre to the premises which terminates at the router and then all the TV boxes are connected via coaxial cable (which is not the same as UTP Cat5e/6 etc.). RJ45 is not a cable specificaltion, it's an interface (a connector).

If I were doing a new build, I'd run structured cabling all over the place, using UTP Cat6 or better. Most data / cabling combos can be run over these cables with some kind of converter at each end.

Alternatively, as coax is relatively cheap, I'd run both UTP and coax cable throughout the building.

I'd also pre-install several floor and wall boxes in obvious places where a TV etc might sit and run conduit for HDMI, network and power, ideally with power separated, but I'm a little annual on these things.

Finally, although wireless is becoming ubiquitous for most things, I ALWAYS use cable where possible, for both security, performance and reliability. Wireless is for my phone.

OK.... this is important.  Again, I'll get it confirmed by True before running coax to the TV locations.

Thank you!

57 minutes ago, tweezer said:

Ahh... this is different than I was getting from the replies here.  I will go in and talk to True (though the people int he shops often don't seem to know what they're talking about).

Maybe worth mentioning - my box is the big Samsung box (TrueVisions HD Plus), like satellite or cable TrueVisions use for years... It is limited to Full HD.

There is another box which combines with TrueID, so it's a combo of both (TrueVisions Hybrid Receiver). From what I understand, that box connects both coax cable and Ethernet or Wifi, so it's basically just 2 receivers in one box. It supports 4K. And then there's only TrueID box, which only uses Wifi/Ethernet but has only TrueID lineup of channels, not whole TrueVisions set. I believe it supports 4K.

Only TrueID TV:

image.png.cd7ea75fc57c493c7853365dc05f84da.png

TrueVisions HD Plus (which I am using):

กล่อง true visions แบบต่างๆ - Pantip

And Hybrid receiver:

กล่องTrueid tv Gen2รุ่นใหม่ไฟสีฟ้า กับ กล่อง TRUE INNO HYBRID  กล่องไหนดีกว่ากันครับ - Pantip

Edited by tomazbodner
fixed image which displayed as a link

2 hours ago, tweezer said:

True has two different products, cable TV via coax cable, and IPTV via the internet. The coax option is slowly being replaced with internet options.