Antique, Auctions & Flea Markets

RAZZELL

Back in the "real world" I used to love going to Auctions, car boot sales and flea markets.

Despite exploring a lot of Bangkok I am yet to find anything similar?

Are there any auctions of collectibles/household goods etc? (I know River City sometimes has Antique auctions)

Markets - only found some interesting stuff at Bang Sue Jct.

Flea markets - nothing good.

Any suggestions?

RAZZ

Even 20+ years ago flee markets at Charoen Krung and Yowarat incl. Saphan Lek and nearby were pathetic. Nowadays there's nothing left, except real garbage at premium prices.

Walk from Saphan Kwai junction toward Chatuchak on weekends? Sorry but nothing as well. (TBH amulets only).

• Like 1

On 2/12/2023 at 8:45 PM, dddave said:

If you don't mind travelling to Jomtien, Collingbourn Auctions has weekly auctions at their Chiayaphreuk Rd. warehouse.  Items listed on their website.  I went one time, nothing special but that was last year.

https://www.collingbourne-auctioneers.com/

I think if you google that fella he has an "interesting" history!

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

If you take the MRT to Kamphang Phet on the otherside of the road opposite the south entrance to Chatuchak Market is a newish mall with lots of old 'antique' stuff for sale. Outside the mall is the more junky stuff, better stuff is inside. Cant remember the name if the building (NOT JJ Mall) but cross over the road using the pedestrian bridge outside the MRT exit.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, rak sa_ngop said:

If you take the MRT to Kamphang Phet on the otherside of the road opposite the south entrance to Chatuchak Market is a newish mall with lots of old 'antique' stuff for sale. Outside the mall is the more junky stuff, better stuff is inside. Cant remember the name if the building (NOT JJ Mall) but cross over the road using the pedestrian bridge outside the MRT exit.

It's called Bangsue Junction.

A couple of good watch dealers on the ground floor.