Thai government to increase capacity in four airports – 200 M arrivals by 2031

snoop1130

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

More insanity. I doubt if it will ever even get back to the record of 39 million. Just wishful thinking on the part of dreamers, with nothing to back up their aims, and absolutely no effort to improve Thailand or the tourist experience. 

Thailand somehow thinks it can surpass France in tourism numbers. Is Bangkok the new Paris? Comparable museums, culture, food, wine, monuments? 

https://www.indexmundi.com/facts/indicators/ST.INT.ARVL/rankings

Screenshot_20230209_134150_Chrome.jpg

Interesting list.

Poland #2.

After that I kinda lost the plot

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Venom said:

Standing room only is awesome. I remember Maya Bay like that. It was a wonderful experience. ???????????? 

You could walk from boat to boat there were so many of them when I took a trip out during high season in 2018

How about getting the infrastructure projects finished like the highways in BKK and elsewhere as well as the high speed train to PKK HH from Suvarnabhumi...then worry about increasing the amount of flights and airport sizes.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, WHansen said:

Make Thailand a welcoming enviroment for foreigners without fear of being ripped off at every opportunity, sort out the BIB mafia and it could be possible

You make a very fair point, but alas I don't think it will happen any time soon?

Seems to be endemic in Thailand?

A bit of fiction that will never happen in reality 

Tourism in Thailand unlike other destinations will decrease, never increase!

There are a bunch of factors

1. Silly visa, and immigration rules

2. Long queues at the airports

3. No smoking rooms at airports

4. Fake, inexperienced, and rude staff at the airport 

5. Thai people are as same as 300 years ago they want to be just alone no foreigners 

6. The prices have been very high recently and are 400% above the services provided 

7. Poor infrastructure and pollution

9. Scam everywhere and anytime

10. geographically very far and isolated

11.........much more but I don't have time to write

rd.jpg

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

That's right, pack them in like sardines in a can!

It would be nice if all these tourist had something to do when they arrive. Like things that are different here than back at home. A reason to come here? Bad roads and air pollution and rip-offs need to change first.

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

More insanity. I doubt if it will ever even get back to the record of 39 million. Just wishful thinking on the part of dreamers, with nothing to back up their aims, and absolutely no effort to improve Thailand or the tourist experience. 

Thailand somehow thinks it can surpass France in tourism numbers. Is Bangkok the new Paris? Comparable museums, culture, food, wine, monuments? 

No Bangkok isn't the new Paris but it is much closer for the Chinese to travel to.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Interesting list.

Poland #2.

After that I kinda lost the plot

It says can include day trips. My suspicion is Canada is #9 only due to a lot of underage American kids coming over for our lower drinking age. 

8 hours ago, terryofcrete said:

Just left BKK last night and the departure passport control queue was horrendous , due simply to the fact that there were only a few booths manned , while other immigration staff walked up and down watching and chatting to the few that were actually manning a booth . 
now add anther 300 bath on to the flight cost to line someone's pockets 

but certainly won't improve the service to tourism as is alleged. 

E gates for foreigners is the answer

Singapore has done it and Malaysia is about to do it for visitors from a number of countries.

Pre-pandemic it was obvious that something has to change from the old face to face immigration clearance.

Pre clearance documents, random checks, trusted traveller schemes and e gates are all in the mix going forward

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

These figures seem very strange and way off what I've seen: example the uk in 2019 had 40.9 million visitors a little bit more than 11 million. France 90 million, Poland 35 million. USA 70 million a little higher than 45 million...

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Well, they've already spent 2 billion upgrading Khon Kaen airport in anticipation of hoards of foreign tourists coming to see what, exactly?

and the "improvements" and expansion of Hua Hin airport have been so successful.......

• Like 1

If the Government are to expect 200M Tourists / Visitors to the Country by 2031, they must first put in place the basic things that will be expected by those Tourists.

I am talking about clean and plentiful Water for drinking and cleaning, correct and Sanitary disposal of all Human Waste and Ethical Trash Recycling.

All this has to be combined with a policy of Air Pollution reduction via burning and Factory emissions.

Big Roads dont hack it any more, and neither does the expansion of Airports..

People are actually starting to care .

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Really over half a million a day, which averages 91 planes with 250 passengers each per our 24/7, never mind seasonal peaks, hotel, transport etc. I would hope someone checks these numbers and takes off the extra zero or two in error added. It make the authorities look so silly and must annoy many Thai people as well amuse foreigners.

Please check data before publish and if always getting wrong change people producing statements

This 200 mill is 5 more than 2019 think about it please

4 hours ago, pegman said:

It says can include day trips. My suspicion is Canada is #9 only due to a lot of underage American kids coming over for our lower drinking age. 

Which makes that list even more dodgy.

At least at the US/Canada border, there are border checks so that drunken 18 yo can be counted.

France & Poland any day trips from within the Schengen area can't be counted. So 90M non Schengen visitors are flying into Poland every year? I don't think so!

So, I'm sorry I'm calling total BS on that list. Maybe it was compiled by an ex TAT employee lol

• Thumbs Up 1

Laughable and pointless ,,  there is already a huge shortage of actual flights to Thailand compared to pre covid ,,  and airlines especially from Europe and ME are reluctant to add extra flights  which is one reason prices are so high .

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, liddelljohn said:

Laughable and pointless ,,  there is already a huge shortage of actual flights to Thailand compared to pre covid ,,  and airlines especially from Europe and ME are reluctant to add extra flights  which is one reason prices are so high .

But the PM said.....

35 minutes ago, Sunderland said:

Global recession, World War 3 and a slowing birth rate. All ingredients for increasing arrivals in Thailand multiple times over.

We know who's smoking all that weed they decided to grow.

Plus the home made brews they make themselves and keep others from making.

8 hours ago, Conquerbrqvilok said:

A bit of fiction that will never happen in reality 

Tourism in Thailand unlike other destinations will decrease, never increase!  Right, that's why they've been increasing forever (Covid excepted).

There are a bunch of factors

1. Silly visa, and immigration rules. Most tourists arrive here visa free. What is silly about that?

2. Long queues at the airports Not normally (I fly once a month), but occasionally. No different to any other busy international airport, and indeed better than most - my last visit to the UK it took me over 90 minutes to clear immigration and I am a UK citizen.

3. No smoking rooms at airports. And? Do smoking rooms still exist??  Is that a thing? I am glad they don't have them - outdated stinky concepts.

4. Fake, inexperienced, and rude staff at the airport. Never had a fake staff, never had anyone be rude to me at an airport, and I have lived here 27 years and done hundreds of entries and exists. What is a fake airport staff anyway?

5. Thai people are as same as 300 years ago they want to be just alone no foreigners. They are not the same as 300 years ago. They do like their culture, yes. Who can blame them if they don't want the bitter moaning awful whingers that we see so many of here? Would you want them in your country complaining about everything (as you are doing here)?

6. The prices have been very high recently and are 400% above the services provided. Eh????

7. Poor infrastructure and pollution. Pollution is bad at the moment, no argument there. Infrastructure is better than many countries especially in this region.

9. Scam everywhere and anytime. In tourist areas, same as any other country with a lot of tourists. Otherwise no worries.

10. geographically very far and isolated. What the??  Thailand is in the centre of SE Asia!! Have you seen a map?? Wow, what a ridiculous comment.

11.........much more but I don't have time to write. Shame.

Hmmmm, let's see. Replies above.

• Haha 1