Hot oily food in soft plastic bags

FarAway

1 minute ago, FarAway said:

Just because a bag stays in one piece doesn't mean that material from the plastic does not dissolve into the material inside the bag.

With non-liquid and ideally cold stuff, it is another topic.

But HOT and FATTY food? I think it is sad that you all seem to accept it, instead of agreeing that it is a bad habit that needs to be changed. For the health of the earth but especially for the health of the people, <deleted>. If not the ignorant parents, then at least for their kids that sees something like that being the norm and adapting it.

You haven't presented any evidence to support your claims. Your link related to BPA which, as the article explains, is in polycarbonate and the liners of food containers. It isn't in the polypropylene and polyethylene bags used by the food vendors. Do some research into these plastics and you'll see they are indeed heat resistant and safe for hot and fatty food. If you're worried about BPA, you're more likely to find it in the lining of a soup can than the soup you buy in bags from the streets.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

I tend to cook for myself and see a lot of food vendors in Makro.

Oh really, I couldn't tell one shopper from the other in Makro, regarding being a street vendor.

Do they have "Street Vendor" T-shirts....................?  :cowboy:

48 minutes ago, transam said:

Oh really, I couldn't tell one shopper from the other in Makro, regarding being a street vendor.

Do they have "Street Vendor" T-shirts....................?  :cowboy:

If you regularly see the same person selling food on the street and then see that person in Makro buying the ingredients and plastic bags and spoons etc you can put 2 and 2 together.

1 minute ago, edwardandtubs said:

So, present evidence to contradict me rather than using childish emoticons and one-word answers.

Evidence, me, that you take note of shoppers in Makro who are buying plastic bags and linking them to street food stall faces, now come on....................:whistling:.......................????

1 minute ago, transam said:

Evidence, me, that you take note of shoppers in Makro who are buying plastic bags and linking them to street food stall faces, now come on....................:whistling:.......................????

I've posted links showing where you can buy food-safe plastic bags in Thailand by the kilogram. You haven't posted any links or presented any evidence that these cheap, unsafe bags you seem to be worried about are even available.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

I've posted links showing where you can buy food-safe plastic bags in Thailand by the kilogram. You haven't posted any links or presented any evidence that these cheap, unsafe bags you seem to be worried about are even available.

????.................Hang on, I'll see if they advertise dodgy plastic bags on Lazada.........????

Just now, edwardandtubs said:

So in what top secret location do they sell these dodgy plastic bags? And what are they made of?

Don't be silly, use your loaf........

You would believe my Rolex from Chong Mek was real...............????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Don't be silly, use your loaf........

You would believe my Rolex from Chong Mek was real...............????

Rolex watches cost about 500,000 baht each. Food-safe plastic bags cost about 100 baht a kilogram. Please explain what these dodgy imitation plastic bags are made from and how the manufacturers manage to make a profit.

8 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Rolex watches cost about 500,000 baht each. Food-safe plastic bags cost about 100 baht a kilogram. Please explain what these dodgy imitation plastic bags are made from and how the manufacturers manage to make a profit.

So any of us can give you a plastic bag, and you will tell us if it is food grade or not, Yes or No......:cowboy:

• Like 1