Pheu Thai MPs Visiting Thaksin, Yingluck In Singapore

webfact

11 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Old friends & allies reunion... 

Those scallywags!

What will all the determined and fervent detractors and haters say!!!!????

Just added fodder the highly sensationalized Lakorn Thai. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I remember when she was PM and many Thais told me like: look what a beautiful PM we have.

Yeah, sure. In principle I like pretty girls. But for a PM I prefer competence and honesty... 

...or an integral part of a very influential and powerful empire.

A little more humble and of the people might suffice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks for telling me. Without your comment I would have been lost why I don't get invited to vote in Thai elections. Now finally you let me know. Thanks!

But I wonder if everybody who can't vote in a specific country is not allowed to comment about other country's politics. Like no talking anymore about Trump the rest of the word? And nothing on the farang forum AN for farangs to discuss about Thai politics?

Mai phen rai. Pay no attention to such woke/pretentious goodness. 

Surely, if one has resided and nicely integrated here for an accepted period, then one has earned the privilege to speak out and comment/opine on anything/everything Thailand.

That being said. Some of us [a quantum minority] long timers have integrated better than others [aka wannabes]. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Could be true, they will make sure they block any new party. And regardless of whether the block is moral or otherwise and regardless of what the public thinks.

Stand by for more protests which I suspect will step by step grow bigger.

The only collective protests that may have any such effect are the variety that proposes to live one's protest......[a long general strike, etc.] Be the change, sort to speak. 

Otherwise, any random and zealous street protest always prove to be moot. 

All the while, the authoritarians get away with basically anything they want. Because they can. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Could be true, they will make sure they block any new party. And regardless of whether the block is moral or otherwise and regardless of what the public thinks.

Stand by for more protests which I suspect will step by step grow bigger.

A small point, my Thai granddaughter is 17 just finishing high school here in CM. She and many HS students (her school and many other schools) have become quite focused on the whole political situation top to bottom (by top I mean the absolute top). A western friend in Pitsana look (Thai grandson just started uni there same stuff.

My Thai son) listens to his granddaughter and tries to calm her down (there's no yelling etc.), he doesn't  want to forbid the discussion and he tells her regularly 'many countries have problems, try to be balanced, yes change is needed but not with violence', and more.

In the last 3 or 4 months she's announced she will join protests here in CM and in Bkk. So far that hasn't happpened but...

• Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 7:12 AM, ChrisY1 said:

Don't care what people say....she's real cute....dopey though!

Be curious to see how her intellect stacks up against yours. The fact that she has led a life far, far more successful and interesting than yours doesn’t bode well for you when it comes to the question of who, of the pair of you, is the dopiest.