Immigration. No more Residence Certificates.

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The British Embassy charges about 2500 baht for the same document (Affirmation of residence), so I know who the thieves are !!!!.... 

The Residency Certificate is no longer listed as a service. The US Embassy has also stopped issuing them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/16/2023 at 6:36 PM, proton said:

You do not have to complain, you just have to refuse to pay for a free service and not cave into greed and corruption, it's not difficult.

In Jomtien last time it was still for free ... if you are willing to wait for some days/weeks. If you want to have it sooner then you have to pay. 

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Suspect thats why the Yellow Book is so difficult - its because its a lot of paper work and they don't get anything for it !!!! 

Getting my yellow book was not so difficult. but i agree with the rest of your post-just put a nominal charge on the COE but even that wouldn't stop them putting their hand out, for express service, unfortunately.

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

It all depends on your location.

Here in Pattaya it's quite difficult. 

That sounds to me that this will be the occasion when I need external help for the first time. Agent or my lawyer. I will ask my lawyer first. A little bit of advantage is that I dont want (need) to discuss cost. I am always surprized how many posters ponder whether a residence certificate is for free or not.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2023 at 4:38 PM, Tropicalevo said:

Hi phetphet

Did you go back and ask for a residence certificate for a bank account?

How did it go?

I have just tried to open a second bank account at SCB in Big C and they say 'need residence certificate from Maenam immigration'.

But, but, but I already have one account with you.........

'Maenam immigration!' ????

Really? what bank.? I use SCB since we both immigrated, in 1996. yes it was tough to open the first account (in Patong) over the years, I have opened another 7 accounts, for various needs. Never had any problem .