Anybody having issue with WISE Transfer to Bangkok Bank taking longer than usual?

9 minutes ago, bestie said:

Same issue. Send on last Friday over Wise. 

Really annoying

Did your status in WISE change? or is it still the same? It should have changed by it self now.

Edited by sleepy99
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, sleepy99 said:

Thank you very much for sharing. But I don't get it. So they said the money was returned? did this mean you had to redo the transfer again yourself? or the money will be processed by them again without you having todo anything?

No.

I did nothing other than email Wise yesterday and explain my problem.

They did the re-process themselves.

I will wait and see if it turns up this afternoon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

No.

I did nothing other than email Wise yesterday and explain my problem.

They did the re-process themselves.

I will wait and see if it turns up this afternoon.

Can you kindly share the email you used for contacting, if my money doesn't show up today at 2pm I'll contact them.

13 minutes ago, sleepy99 said:

Did your status in WISE change? or is it still the same? It should have changed by it self now.

uh you right. I checked it and I'll receive it today. Hopefully ????

Thanks

Edited by bestie

9 minutes ago, sleepy99 said:

Did this change by itself? or have you contacted them already which might have triggered it. 

It changed by itself. I haven't contact the support or called the bank. It's over 50k . Thought that might be the problem. But Bangkok Bank don't have that limit. So I came over to this post and knew I'm not the only person with that issue. I will give an update when I have it in my Bank Account

Edited by bestie

4 minutes ago, bestie said:

It changed by itself. I haven't contact the support or called the bank. It's over 50k . Thought that might be the problem. But Bangkok Bank don't have that limit. So I came over to this post and knew I'm not the only person with that issue. I will give an update when I have it in my Bank Account

Yes anytghing over 50k and it get's regulated to the 2pm processing time. I am considering switching to Kasikorn bank, I heard that even with high amounts such as 120k it still arrives instantly. 

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

I hope this information helps you.

I have just logged into my Wise account and now I have the update saying that it should be paid out this afternoon as usual.

Friday 10th
You set up your transfer

Friday 10th
You used your GBP balance

Today at 5:34 am
We paid out your THB

Your money's been sent out to  bank

It should reach their bank soon. But banks can be slow - it could take them 9 hours to process your transfer
Today at 2:13 pm receive your THB

Thank you very much.

Finger crossed, waiting for 2pm.

Edited by sleepy99
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, fulhamster said:

How ?  I cannot see any phone or email contact details on their app or website

It is there but now staring you in the face.  You need to click click and look for it I also got s phone number in the U.S. in July I called and actually spoke to a live person.  It is there hidden

First time I am a bit nervous as the transfer does not arrive as promised at Bangkok Bank.

Should have credited shortly after 2 PM.

The WISE website shows a strange "We are unable to give you an update at the moment." message and the transfer is still in "Sent" status.

Also have not got the usual email updates about the transfer.

Then used the help function and selected the transfer.

See this:

Why is my transfer taking so long?
We’re converting your money now. This should take 2 working days.

There's nothing you need to do right now — we’ll email you when it’s done.

Not a big issue for me but of course I hate surprises with financials.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Just now, KhunBENQ said:

First time I am a bit nervous as the transfer does not arrive as promised at Bangkok Bank.

The WISE website shows a strange "We are unable to give you an update at the moment." message and the transfer is still in "Sent" status.

Mine was sent last Friday and I just received it today at 2pm.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, whereyougo said:

Double check you didnt send to wrong account. Did your country have a bank holiday? 

Try looking back at my posts and you will see that I sent it to the correct account at the BBK bank but THEY returned it to Wise.

Please try to read all of the posts before responding.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Then used the help function and selected the transfer.

See this:

Not a big issue for me but of course I hate surprises with financials.

When did you initiate the transfer?

5 minutes ago, TheAppletons said:

When did you initiate the transfer?

Yesterday evening about 9:30 PM (from WISE EUR account, purpose long stay in Thailand).

And it was announced to arrive to day at 2:13 PM  (as usual).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, keithcresswell said:

Strange. And this month was the first time my transfer from Wise arrived at 1403 the same day! Normally its the following day.

Were you perhaps a bit earlier in initiating the transaction this time round?  There's a cut off time (about 8:30am ish I think) that  if you start it before then it's 2:00pm ish the same day, after that it's 2:00pm ish the next (working) day, if everything goes smoothly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sleepy99 said:

Yes anytghing over 50k and it get's regulated to the 2pm processing time. I am considering switching to Kasikorn bank, I heard that even with high amounts such as 120k it still arrives instantly. 

The previous 50,000 baht limit you mention has been increased to 100,000 baht I believe.  Screenshots attached support that:

image.png.3e477c90c0f02adce50cb3a0e233736c.png

image.png.1a3bbb78e4cee47d93db816290db8f85.png

Yesterday

I transfered what wise might consider a large amount $2000. At first they said it should be here by 10:00 AM on the 14th. Now tracking it it says “Can not up date at this time” Never ran into this before. Usually I get the money in 30 minutes. 

• Like 2

I did one on a Thursday and didn't get it till Tuesday afternoon. Funnily enough after I complained and they came back with we will investigate it. 20 minutes later the money was sent and I never got a reply as to what the hold up was.

It said it will arrive Friday, then said money taking longer to pay out and it would be Monday. Then it came Tuesday. .

Sometimes they just like to hold onto your money as long as possible like every other business. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Not really.

Your response was unnecessary and pointless.

I have been replying to Sleepy99 who is the OP and who seemed to be a bit lost in the beginning as to why the funds were not in his account.

Most posters came up with reasonable and helpful answers, until you came along.

Calm down precious. I would never let an internet stranger ruin my day... Peace man