Anybody having issue with WISE Transfer to Bangkok Bank taking longer than usual?

This thread seems to be about UK transfer items. Are any Yanks here experiencing slowdowns or other items?

I just put in a transfer request of $25,000; direct debit (ACH) from my bank account (long established, and used many times before). This was today (Feb 15) at 7:00AM Thai time. Was told the transfer would arrive 8 days later, on Feb 23. Wow. That's the longest it's ever been, as normally only 2 to 3 days -- but never ever instantly. When I put in a less amount ($20,000), it said it would arrive on Feb 22. Now, for amounts between $3,000 and $19,000, it said it would arrive in 6 hours. For $2,000, would arrive in seconds. None of this was affected by purpose of transfer, as that check block was filled in after I got the transfer times.

Curious. Maybe as it's an ACH "pull" from my bank, there are different time frames for different amounts....... Unlikely, but dunno.

No big deal, as I'm never in need of immediate funds. But 8 days seems excessive.

Any folks out there with similar (or not) US to Thai transfer experience? I do know by reading these Wise threads that UK Wise transfers are on a different planet than US Wise transfers.

This morning I got the promising mail:

"...... THB is on its way to you. The money should be in the bank account by today, February 15.

Sorry that took a little longer than expected. We needed more time to pay out your money."

Started Monday evening.

EUR from WISE account.

One day later than usual.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

This morning I got the promising mail:

"...... THB is on its way to you. The money should be in the bank account by today, February 15.

Sorry that took a little longer than expected. We needed more time to pay out your money."

Started Monday evening.

EUR from WISE account.

One day later than usual.

Which is odd as my Tuesday morning transfer arrived Tuesday afternoon marked FTT.

On 2/13/2023 at 7:49 PM, KannikaP said:

I do not think the DWP will pay in anything but GBP, and not much of it either!

You need to get a GBP cushion in your Wise GBP account, and convert to THB as and when you think 'the time (rate) is right'.

Then do your monthly transfer to your Thai bank, preferably one of their Partner banks, leaving time and money in advance. 

I have my pension paid directly into my wise account where it stays till the rate is ok for Changing which we know ain't been for a long time so my wise account is just growing every month got 8 months of pension in there 

On 2/13/2023 at 5:59 PM, sleepy99 said:

For many years of receiving transfers from WISE it has always arrived the next business day for me. 

I transferred 30K baht from my Wise UK account last night Wednesday 15 February 2023 and it was in my BKK account just after 2pm this afternoon 16 february 2023.

No problems other than the BBK bank haven't sent me an sms yet.

I did online banking and it was there.

• Like 1

Yesterday 15 Feb initiated a Wise transfer from USA ($3000USD) to THB (Bangkok Bank). Was informed the funds would arrive today, 16 Feb. Today I received this email...

Sorry, we need more time to process your transfer of USD to THB.

Unfortunately, the partner bank we use to process THB transfers is going to take a little longer to complete your payment.

That means your transfer will arrive later than expected. It should now take 2 working days to be paid out.

We’ll email you again when we’ve sent out your transfer. Sorry again for the wait.

Thanks,

The Wise Team

Edited by Skeptic7

On 2/16/2023 at 4:14 PM, Skeptic7 said:

Unfortunately, the partner bank we use to process THB transfers is going to take a little longer to complete your payment.

And was said partner bank also Bangkok Bank, by any chance? It's my impression that their bungling incompetence and ineptitude lay at the heart of most (if not all) of the issues reported in this thread, over which Wise had absolutely no control, of course.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, OJAS said:

And was said partner bank also Bangkok Bank, by any chance? It's my impression that their bungling incompetence and ineptitude lay at the heart of most (if not all) of the issues reported in this thread, over which Wise had absolutely no control, of course.

Don't think Bangkok Bank is the partner, but received my money only 1 day later. Formerly I used MoneyGram, which has a much lower fee ($1) and the same rates, so overall more baht in my account...but it always took a full week to receive my money. So a day or 2 or 3...a slight delay...still seems speedy and expedited comparto MoneyGram! 

On 2/18/2023 at 2:00 AM, OJAS said:

I think it depends upon the transaction in question.

IIRC, many transactions through WISE can go through an intermediary bank before landing at Bangkok Bank.  So, even though you bank at BBL, WISE may send your money to SCB first (as an example) and then it gets transferred from SCB to BBL.  In that type of transaction, it would be unclear which is the "partner" bank taking longer to process.

That said, if you have asked WISE to "tag" your account - as I have done - so that no Thai intermediary bank is used, then it's a direct transaction between WISE and BBL.  Since "tagging" my WISE account, 100% of my WISE transfers take at least 24 hours, sometimes 48 hours.

• Like 1

Unusually my Wise transfer from Singapore to Kasikorn took all of 55 minutes this morning, no drama but out of character, Wise transfers, in my experience, are near instantaneous. 

Monthly living expenses before anyone asks.

Edited by Stocky
Clarification

I did one last night around 7pm and it was in my BBK account by 2pm today.

To me at least, last week was just a one off glitch and nothing to be overly concerned about considering the number of transactions that Wise make daily.

Also it seems to have been a BBK problem rather than a Wise problem.

This morning I receive an email from WISE with an excuse for the last delayed transfer.

We’re getting in touch about your recent transfer from EUR to THB. Unfortunately, because of a technical problem, it took us longer to process your payment.

We’re sorry this happened. So we’ve added a free transfer of up to 1000 GBP (or the equivalent in another currency) to your account.

So that's about 1130 EUR free transfer worth about 8 EUR.

Now waiting for the EUR to break the iron wall at 37 Baht.

A big player must sit and hit the button at 36.9x to bring it down :biggrin:

• Thumbs Up 1

Add me to the list: HK to BKB this morning 8am, small amount... Wise received my money in HK shortly, usually they pay out in 20min max, but now it's 4 hours and they keep moving expected time each hour... Maybe Wise<->BKB issue? Didn't try EU-BKB this month... Next time I'll just withdraw 30k on ATM, eh...

Transferred USD on Friday afternoon, arrived in my BBL account today at 14:00.

This is typical for WISE transfers for me so any "glitch" that may have been present last week did not affect my transaction in this instance.  (Note: my WISE account is "tagged" to use BBL only.)